GAAGO where are you?

Started by sligoman2, May 03, 2014, 02:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Quote from: Itchy on May 23, 2021, 06:44:28 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 23, 2021, 03:29:42 PM
Absolutely dire today.  Must have missed at least 15 minutes of the game with the stream cutting out and freezing.

Sligo v antrim?

Watched a good few this week and last, today's game between sligo and antrim was first major blip

Tyrone v Armagh last night for me too

As an Antrim man I was gutted to miss that last second winner today

Not good enough

If you pay for a pint you get a pint...not 2 sips of a pint. Compensation needed as service not provided
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

An Watcher

Not an antrim man but gutted to miss an exciting finish in the antrim game

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Itchy on May 23, 2021, 06:44:28 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 23, 2021, 03:29:42 PM
Absolutely dire today.  Must have missed at least 15 minutes of the game with the stream cutting out and freezing.

Sligo v antrim?

Watched a good few this week and last, today's game between sligo and antrim was first major blip

Nah, Dublin Kerry.  Dublin were winning with 5 minutes to go. I'm told it was a draw in the end, but I'm not sure I believe it.

I watched the Dublin hurlers Vs. Antrim on Saturday and the stream was fine.

rosnarun

Quote from: mouview on May 23, 2021, 08:41:12 PM
There other major network disruptions ongoing in the country currently? One of my ISPs is under DDOS attack at the moment.
how did you know that did you get a text or was it on their website or something .
theproblem with internet fails is its not alway easy to say who is to blame.
My GAA go was perfect  last week and this. my only problem is there too many games top watch. just feeding the addiction
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mouview

Quote from: rosnarun on May 24, 2021, 12:36:15 PM
Quote from: mouview on May 23, 2021, 08:41:12 PM
There other major network disruptions ongoing in the country currently? One of my ISPs is under DDOS attack at the moment.
how did you know that did you get a text or was it on their website or something .
theproblem with internet fails is its not alway easy to say who is to blame.
My GAA go was perfect  last week and this. my only problem is there too many games top watch. just feeding the addiction

Yes; Airwire, Galway-based provider texted details of a DDOS attack, and I saw a Lightnet one also. I think there was a fair bit of disruption around the country yesterday. If it happens again, try using your mobile as a Wi-Fi hotspot; if it has a 4G signal, should get away with it.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on May 23, 2021, 07:28:39 PM
Just on Kildare v Clare they eventually turned up the volume. Ya couldn't hear the comms at all really for the first 10-15 minutes and they also had errors in spelling. Jimmy Hoyland was lining for Kildare seemingly.

I know there are more serious things but if you are charging for a service it should be good.

Ah I hear where you are coming from, but they are small things. Commentary on game I watched was brutal, but I didn't mind. If anything (as much as many might not want to hear it) it shows the production values of likes of RTE which are usually slagged off. I know we're paying a fiver, but as long as I'm seeing the game then I don't mind spelling mistakes or bad commentary. Stream first for me, and if that stops then we've a problem. They simply wouldn't have the funds behind to produce a lot of high production quality streams over a weekend so need to temper expecctations. I'm just happy I saw my game

Soju

Anyone try watching the Monaghan v Tyrone & Donegal v Armagh games  on catch up today?
I could only watch 40 mins of the Monaghan v Tyrone and then it just stops.
The Donegal v Armagh game will only play from the 52 min to the 53 min. I mean what is going on?
This is the third time I've tried to watch a catch up game (the day after the live stream) and it's either not working (Donegal V Tyrone) or just shows bits of the game.

How can they not set up a recorded game properly for play back?

Blowitupref

Can watch back on the full Armagh v Donegal match here.

https://youtu.be/41DTlju_DBM
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

RedHand88

Quote from: Soju on May 30, 2021, 10:54:37 AM
Anyone try watching the Monaghan v Tyrone & Donegal v Armagh games  on catch up today?
The Donegal v Armagh game will only play from the 52 min to the 53 min. I mean what is going on?
This is the third time I've tried to watch a catch up game (the day after the live stream) and it's either not working (Donegal V Tyrone) or just shows bits of the game.

Not being able to show it live is one thing. Not being able to playback on demand is ridiculous.

Soju

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 30, 2021, 12:28:00 PM
Quote from: Soju on May 30, 2021, 10:54:37 AM

Not being able to show it live is one thing. Not being able to playback on demand is ridiculous.
It's working grand now after I contacted them about the problem. And it's not the first time i've had to contact them about on demand playback.
Smacks of staff that don't give a f**k or incompetent.

Main Street

GAAGO has more teething problems than Shane McGowan.

FWIW, the Tyrone Monaghan game does get back on track about half way into the 2nd half.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Main Street on May 30, 2021, 04:30:16 PM

FWIW, the Tyrone Monaghan game does get back on track about half way into the 2nd half.

Teething problems? The feckin thing was launched in 2014
Hasta la victoria siempre

Main Street

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on May 30, 2021, 11:05:12 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 30, 2021, 04:30:16 PM

Teething problems? The feckin thing was launched in 2014
And Shane McGowan still has (seriously bad) teeth problems

Jell 0 Biafra

Yeah, Gaago is about the level of reliability you'd expect from livestream365 or some such dodgy spot.  But it should be better if you're paying for it.

delgany

The GAAGO games are being transmitted from a live feed from a transit van with a dish. You'd see a news crew do a live link with. Compare that the to the infrastructure used for a live gave via rte/bbc, 4 or 5 massive transmission service vehicles ,etc