Fermanagh v Armagh Brewster Pk Sat 19th May 7:00pm

Started by illdecide, May 10, 2018, 09:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Well as the Board continues to get quieter every year we need a discussion on the match coming up, I know it's not one of the so called high profile games but to us fans of Fermanagh and Armagh it means everything.

Who's going to win and why? Armagh because we're better than Fermanagh (Just my opinion)

John McEntee had an interesting article in todays Irish News where he says home advantage doesn't matter that much these days and that Armagh will have as many fans in Brewster Pk as Fermanagh will...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

haranguerer

Haven't seen the article, but home advantage is about more than the fans. Fermanagh have a great record in Brewster, and always have more confidence there.

I reckon its a 50/50 game, but contrary to McEntees assertions (or at least your relaying of them  ;D), that Brewster will give us the slight edge needed. Looking forward to it.

trailer

Two poor teams. No advantage in winning as both will get hammered by either Monaghan or Tyrone. I'd say half the players have clubs lined up in America.
Fancy Fermanagh win and then at least put up some sort of effort in SF.

illdecide

Quote from: trailer on May 10, 2018, 10:35:51 AM
Two poor teams. No advantage in winning as both will get hammered by either Monaghan or Tyrone. I'd say half the players have clubs lined up in America.
Fancy Fermanagh win and then at least put up some sort of effort in SF.

Well maybe they shouldn't turn up then ::) Tyrone and Monaghan are good sides but they are very beatable and Armagh or Fermanagh will not fear them, well i hope not ;)

haranguerer

Well exactly, why bother discussing the vast majority of matches in the championship   ::)

FermGael

Fermanagh have beaten nobody of note in the ulster championship in Brewster in years.
Yes we have beaten Antrim but then Antrim have also beaten us at Brewster in the last 5 years.
We have also been beaten by Cavan and Down as well under Canavan before McGrath.
I think you have to go back to Malachy O'Rourke before we last beat a team at home other than Antrim.  McEntee is right in that regard and he is also correct that there will be a bigger Armagh support there than Fermanagh in the terraces but not in the main stand.

Build up from Fermanagh has been very low key.  No stories leaking out and injury wise all the main players  have been playing for their clubs mostly. 
I think it's an even enough game and Fermanagh will be well capable of beating Armagh.
Armagh have discipline issues and it's an issue Fermanagh have to try and exploit.
Fermanagh would have won the league final if they would have had a left footed free taker.  Hopefully Tomas Corrigan is back to himself after an injury hit league campaign and can take over from Seamie on this side. 
Defensively we have to tighten up.  Our full back line has to win their own personal duels .  At midfielder Eoin has to deal with the fact that Vernon will be trying to spoil him the whole game( which he has done very well every time I have seen him playing on Donnelly). Himself and Ryan have to get on top and we need to push up on the Armagh kickouts.
It's a game we should be winning if I am being honest. There is nothing to fear from Armagh and both teams know each other very well at this stage.  Big test for the players.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

illdecide

It's a really tough game to call and could be a draw...I thought Armagh had Fermanagh well beaten last time out...dunno if the penny finally dropped with Fermanagh or if Armagh took the foot of the gas and let them back into it.

For me Armagh are about a 2-3pt team better than Fermanagh...but that's nothing. I agree with you that if Armagh rattle up the fouls then Fermanagh will punish us

FermGael

I would probably agree with you if that had happened once.
Armagh should also have beaten Fermanagh comfortably in the league when we had men sent off.
They didn't and couldn't pull away from us. Somehow we managed to get a draw.
Same thing happened in the league final as well.
I think it will be very tight

AQMP

Close enough game.  Armagh maybe very slight favourites?? A point or two in it either way but my gut tells me Fermanagh might sneak it.

tonto1888

This is a game Armagh should be winning. We eased up in the league final and the result was closer than reality. However, if we keep giving away needless frees fermanagh coukd we'll punish us. Can't wait for it. Tickets ordered and all

seafoid

Armagh are still a bit fragile. Fermanagh could pull it off.
The general level in Ulster has come back a bit if Tyrone are deemed the best. It could be interesting this year. There is no outstanding team really.
It would be amazing if Fermanagh could win the Anglo Celt.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: FermGael on May 10, 2018, 11:06:44 AM

Armagh have discipline issues and it's an issue Fermanagh have to try and exploit.

And yet it has been Fermanagh who have had key players sent off in recent games.

tyroneman

Quote from: seafoid on May 10, 2018, 04:58:50 PM
The general level in Ulster has come back a bit if Tyrone are deemed the best. It could be interesting this year. There is no outstanding team really.

Tyrone were head and shoulders above everyone else in Ulster last year. Monaghan took down Dublin. There's 2 teams way ahead of the pack.

BennyCake

Quote from: tyroneman on May 10, 2018, 09:23:19 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 10, 2018, 04:58:50 PM

Tyrone were head and shoulders above everyone else in Ulster last year. Monaghan took down Dublin. There's 2 teams way ahead of the pack.

They weren't head and shoulders above everyone in Ulster. They beat 3 teams well, but they didn't play the other 5 ;)

FermGael

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 10, 2018, 08:37:46 PM
Quote from: FermGael on May 10, 2018, 11:06:44 AM

And yet it has been Fermanagh who have had key players sent off in recent games.

Indeed it has. But it has been Armagh who have conceded most Frees .