Armagh - The Postmortem and The Future

Started by AFS, July 30, 2008, 07:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Just back from the floods that is Dublin - very dissapointed obviosuly.

Fair play to Wexford - a bit cynical but so what? Every team at this stage is.

The two points I would addressa would be the point that looked wide and the number 5 fisting the ball to himself which led to a score, I think that is illegal?

Lads , people saying Francie had a good game would need to wipe the sentiment from their eyes. 1-5, 1-2 from play, is a terrible amount to give away.

For me the two O'Rpukres were superb. MOR covered incrdedible ground and AOR's pass for one of McDonnells' point was brilliant. Toner worked like a trojabn - he got tackles in on everyone, a solid game and one for the future.

Clarke was very good in the first and McDonnell was excellent in the second. AK was, as usual, poor defensively but very good going forward. SK would need to stop being a bit greedy but the amount of times he made a run and no ball went to him was unfortunate.

Time to take stock....

goh4205

Quote from: Rav67 on August 09, 2008, 06:20:47 PM
Very surprised at that result, the quality of Ulster football this Championship season has been abysmal.  Armagh's midfield disappeared when it counted, their half-forward line was shite and Bellew surely should have been switched off Forde before the end although he did well in the first half.  Would expect a few off their elder statesmen to retire now although they should do all they can to persuade Aidan O'Rourke to stay, he had a very good game today I thought.
it's pretty easy to look good when you have no one to mark. the reason Armagh had no half forward line was they were back covering for Aidan & this has been the system of play all season.  It was always going to work on wet mucky & small pitches, but on bigger parks it told the story today.  There is no doubting his pacing ability, but he has no pace, never had, and I think he should think carefully about returning next year. All said, what has McDonnell brought to this Armagh Camp, NOTHING in my opinion, he is stuck in the same old system that Kernan & Grimley developed when no one else understood it & he was expecting older lads to play the same system of play when they hadend the fitness or the legs for it. Maybe Armagh should have gone with Grimley & McGeeney at least the players would have their heart in it, as it clear didn't look that way today.
That said Wexford had their homework done & deserved their win, Armagh will be back, they have the strength coming through, more so than any of the other Ulster teams that have showed up this year.

superblues

Quote from: altovito on August 09, 2008, 06:33:38 PM
Quote from: superblues on August 09, 2008, 06:30:54 PM
you may sort your facts out dude that story about the down players is shit

wuz beny threw out?
did lynch hit some1?
no benny was not fired out and if some amargh p***k is over telling jackie he is useless i think he deserved a slap

corn02

Upthehoops it is not my fault you made a spoon of yourself on the other thread. Wind you neck in ya spoon.

corn02

Quote from: superblues on August 09, 2008, 10:00:37 PM
Quote from: altovito on August 09, 2008, 06:33:38 PM
Quote from: superblues on August 09, 2008, 06:30:54 PM
you may sort your facts out dude that story about the down players is shit

wuz beny threw out?
did lynch hit some1?
no benny was not fired out and if some amargh p***k is over telling jackie he is useless i think he deserved a slap

Maybe he was just being honest. I am sure you would have the balls to go up and make some of your allegations to the players you remark about on here.

goh4205

Quote from: INDIANA on August 09, 2008, 09:51:33 PM
tommy andy mallon is a fine player would get on any team, but would the rest? mckeever isn't great when he's on pace and i thought banville gave him the run around today.kernan is great going forward but as seen against vincents earlier in the year ,isn;t a great defender and his tackling technique isn;t good and because of it he gives away frees. He's a talior made half forward who is accurate and why armagh don't play him there is beyond me. Bellew did well until the end in fairness but dropping back your half forward line is a futile exercise unless they have the gas to get upand support the front two and armagh paid for that today.

Couldn't agree more Indiana, very true post, so what does that tell you about the management that Armagh have.

superblues

no one said he was not being honest but he got what he deserved.and what are you on about man what allegations have i made about any player on here

FermGael

Quote from: corn02 on August 09, 2008, 09:59:46 PM
and the number 5 fisting the ball to himself which led to a score, I think that is illegal?

Corn as far as i can mind, an Armagh man sort of half blocked it and that means that he was not the last person to touch it, therefore he did not pass it to himself
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ross matt

Well done Wexford. Some very sour grapes here. Wexford won by grabbing all the hard breaking ball in the last quarter and using it to take some excellent scores. Nothing to do with cheating. Armagh were completely blown away and not nearly hungry enough. I dont think a Geezer back boned defence would have conceeded possession so easily at the end. And for God sake take the rose tinted glasses off re Francie. Forde (who was injured) cleaned him. He even fucked him away with one hand after scoring that last class point. Deserving winners and some achievement by Ryan especially after the 2nd half Leinster final wipeout.

FermGael

Opps sorry meant to say well done to Wexford.  Best team won. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

corn02

Quote from: FermGael on August 09, 2008, 10:08:40 PM
Quote from: corn02 on August 09, 2008, 09:59:46 PM
and the number 5 fisting the ball to himself which led to a score, I think that is illegal?

Corn as far as i can mind, an Armagh man sort of half blocked it and that means that he was not the last person to touch it, therefore he did not pass it to himself

ahhh fair enough then.

goh4205

Quote from: ross matt on August 09, 2008, 10:11:15 PM
Well done Wexford. Some very sour grapes here. Wexford won by grabbing all the hard breaking ball in the last quarter and using it to take some excellent scores. Nothing to do with cheating. Armagh were completely blown away and not nearly hungry enough. I dont think a Geezer back boned defence would have conceeded possession so easily at the end. And for God sake take the rose tinted glasses off re Francie. Forde (who was injured) cleaned him. He even fucked him away with one hand after scoring that last class point. Deserving winners and some achievement by Ryan especially after the 2nd half Leinster final wipeout.
Good post Ross, until you put that wipeout bit at the end.  I'm afriad that's what will happen again in the semi against Tryone or Dublin. Wexford are a very average team, but clear to good for this Armagh team that had no direction or idea what to do on a pitch which has massive space to avail off.

JMohan

Ouch .... slight dig there at Peter was it?

corn02

JMohan

Armagh have a lot of re-building to do .... ALOT

They seriously need to look at their style of play.

AND .... too much loyalty to Dromintee Peter!