Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

We don't do favours for anyone in terms of lying down and giving away crucial points i can only ever remember not fielding for one game a couple of years back but the game meant nothing for the two teams. If it had been crucial we would have fielded. I recall travelling to Silverbridge one saturday afternoon with 14 men to play silverbridge, the game meant nothing to us but if we wouldn't have fielded Portadown would have went down as Silverbridge had organised to play Dromintee a half an hour after us (wouldn't have took a genius to work out who would have won that) We had the league won but went up to Silverbridge and beat them fair and square and the relegation battle reflected fairly. We can't select Cullovilles team but even if they were understrength and late at least they fielded a team. As a result of two teams not fielding this year we have had to wait until the second last game to secure safety. What are the punishments for this ? Nothing it is laughable but can be costly for a club
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Onion Bag

Quote from: border rabbit on October 09, 2010, 06:21:33 PM
Quote from: crossfire on October 09, 2010, 02:27:07 PM
Junior Final. Is it true that Peter Rafferty is manager of Tullysarron and he has 2 sons playing for Grange.

Aye hes been managing them for past 2 years. Gonna be strange for a genuine Grange man through and through, although his influence tomorrow could be minmial as tullysarran will hammer them off the pitch! Been talking to few boys who know Junior football and say it could be embarrassing

Tullysarran boys must have been reading this,

Grange beat them by 4 points today in the junior final,

Some win for them boys
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 10, 2010, 05:30:21 PM
Junior Final. Is it true that Peter Rafferty is manager of Tullysarron and he has 2 sons playing for Grange.

Aye hes been managing them for past 2 years. Gonna be strange for a genuine Grange man through and through, although his influence tomorrow could be minmial as tullysarran will hammer them off the pitch! Been talking to few boys who know Junior football and say it could be embarrassing

Some win for them boys

I don't know anything about Tullysarron but I was very impressed by Grange when we played them in Grange at the start of the year. I thought they were a very impressive side by Division 4 standards. That said, by July we managed a draw with them at home which was a rare point for us against the division's top sides.

Congratulations to Grange anyway.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

charlie stubbs

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 10, 2010, 02:28:45 PM
Clans beat culloville by 5 points , well done lads despite the efforts of some other teams you have once again secured first division status. Some teams need to take a good look at themselves concerning fixtures

Agree with you on the point that teams not turning up at this time of the year not on and penalties of point deductions shouldbe enforced.  dont buy into the conspiracy theory that every1 is out to get the clans though.  teams at this stage of the season are fielding teams for the sake of it and alot of players no more want to be there unfortunately, my own club being a case in point today.  culloville fielded today, but i doubt very much that they were as competitive or had the desire they had in your first meeting? justice appears to have been done though, as killeavey and mullaghbawn should have went down last year and cruppens attitude against the sarsfields was a disgrace.  good luck for next year

charlie stubbs

congratulations grange good luck in the ulster

Some win for them boys

charlie stubbs

attended the down championship yesterday was very impressed.  £8 in for an intermediate semi and senior semi.  I paid the same into watch 1 game in cross other week for granemore dromintee game.  also a point on their match programme.  was excellent £2, in colour great detail on clubs last meetings, how they got to this stage etc.  far superior to the flimsy a4 page i have received at armagh club championship games this year. 

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: charlie stubbs on October 10, 2010, 06:36:15 PM
attended the down championship yesterday was very impressed.  £8 in for an intermediate semi and senior semi.  I paid the same into watch 1 game in cross other week for granemore dromintee game.  also a point on their match programme.  was excellent £2, in colour great detail on clubs last meetings, how they got to this stage etc.  far superior to the flimsy a4 page i have received at armagh club championship games this year.

In fairness the Armagh versions were free. Agree on the admission prices though, its to Down's credit that they provide double headers.

winsamsoon

Charlie believe me i have heard this from the mouths of a lot of people from certain clubs, particularly in the maghery case mullaghbawn were given guarantees that if it came to the crunch Maghery wouldn't be turning up.  why would they just have said nothing and if it was the case that they were struggling for a team (as they claimed) then the issue wouldn't have arisen. Instead they have been mouthing about it over a month ago gloating at the fact that they can influence the clans going down. I have witnessed it over the years from other teams aswell and these have been eyewitness accounts ie Pearse Og's the year we were relegated. No one is saying it is a conspiracy but it seems that when certain teams see the clans in trouble and they can influence it they have been known to do so. It is obvious that teams would like to see certain teams go down more so than others. I am not sayng that all teams are against us as the majority of teams fulfil their fixtures but there are a select few. I can tell you now that most teams in North Armagh would do all within their power to get the clans relegated. There is a genuine hatred there and it isn't right are keeping with the spirit of our game That includes your own team Charlie they would all take pleasure in it. But it won't be this year. Competition is healthy and so is rivalries but to bring it to the stage that some teams have is out of order. I can also tell you if i was a member of a team that was told to lie down to any team in order to keep another team up or relagate one, firstly i wouldn't be playing and secondly i would be voicing my opinion strongly at the end of it. If it was the clans that had needed points you can bet Maghery would have been in davitt Park with a team But wee apples will grow big and there will be four games next year to settle it in.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 10, 2010, 07:23:50 PM
Charlie believe me i have heard this from the mouths of a lot of people from certain clubs, particularly in the maghery case mullaghbawn were given guarantees that if it came to the crunch Maghery wouldn't be turning up.  why would they just have said nothing and if it was the case that they were struggling for a team (as they claimed) then the issue wouldn't have arisen. Instead they have been mouthing about it over a month ago gloating at the fact that they can influence the clans going down. I have witnessed it over the years from other teams aswell and these have been eyewitness accounts ie Pearse Og's the year we were relegated. No one is saying it is a conspiracy but it seems that when certain teams see the clans in trouble and they can influence it they have been known to do so. It is obvious that teams would like to see certain teams go down more so than others. I am not sayng that all teams are against us as the majority of teams fulfil their fixtures but there are a select few. I can tell you now that most teams in North Armagh would do all within their power to get the clans relegated. There is a genuine hatred there and it isn't right are keeping with the spirit of our game That includes your own team Charlie they would all take pleasure in it. But it won't be this year. Competition is healthy and so is rivalries but to bring it to the stage that some teams have is out of order. I can also tell you if i was a member of a team that was told to lie down to any team in order to keep another team up or relagate one, firstly i wouldn't be playing and secondly i would be voicing my opinion strongly at the end of it. If it was the clans that had needed points you can bet Maghery would have been in davitt Park with a team But wee apples will grow big and there will be four games next year to settle it in.

dont see what wolfe tones would have to do with clans getting relegated.  to be honest i would rather you stayed in div 1 as i feel there is weaker teams that come down who we could put it up 2 next year.  would agree teams shouldnt lie down.  harps are probably cursing us today after our inept performance against a team we drew with 6 weeks ago and should have beaten.  boys didnt want to be there today and it is unfortunate for other teams in need of points, though they shouldnt be relying on other teams.  i saw the clans play in maghery on a mon night a few months back and they were excellent, good to see justice done in the end if these rumours are true

DuffleKing

Quote from: charlie stubbs on October 10, 2010, 06:36:15 PM

Not even a team list for the cross / cullyhanna replay

TacadoirArdMhacha

There'll be a more even spread of teams from around the county in Division 1 next year - 3 from the north, 3 from mid-Armagh and 6 from South Armagh.

mrgaa1

JUst retired

After reading all the complaining from some Clanns men about Maghery not fielding in a game, and the claims about it, which by the way are way off mark, I have to remind the Clanns men about something. A few years ago Clanns could not field against Maghery for some reason which escapes me now (memory poor). When told at a Co.Board meeting we could claim the points. We said no we would settle for a refix. The Clanns were in need of points that year as well.If you want verification ask your current Sec. I was glad to see Clanns staying up as Davitt park is nearer than Mullaghabawn.The Clanns for some reason think everybody are out to get them. Not so in my opinion.

mrgaa1

Some win for them boys

and here in lies the issues with championship football in Armagh - Tullysaran will be playing 2nd division football next year and still in the Junior - Grange may not get promoted (looks like they will though) and could be playing intermediate championship from the 4th

Goats Do Shave