Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVEDECIDED

I agree that Maghery hit a lot of wides but I think some credit has to be given to the blues defence who had them shooting from ridiculous angles a lot of the time.

thewanderer

Quote from: ogshead on May 31, 2010, 06:31:34 PM
Quote from: CountyGK on May 31, 2010, 12:23:05 AM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on May 30, 2010, 05:46:23 PM
Congrats t the Armagh Minor Hurlers who beat Derry today in the c'ship, a great result and they should go into the semi final against Down with great confidence.

A bit unfair  they have to beat Derry, down and Antrim to win it buts that life at the bottom, although having Antrim sitting in the final already without a game is a joke

Final score was:
Armagh 4-15
Derry 2-14

Play Down in 2 weeks time in semi's

Brilliant result... gives all concerned with hurling in Armagh a boost. Well done lads!!
Spirit this is because of all other years failings and stuffings. is there a chance that the minors could win ulster if so is this team better or has the other counties standards dropped? what did you think of the senior hammering is this a set back or just reality. well done to minor players.

wats that 4 ref

no complaints last night good win for clans out in maghery clans were sharper and more hungry than we were and although we kick 20 wides and 6 short clans deserved 2 win. thought the ref was as good as weve had this year.  The man that got hurt was r captain and r most consistant player this past 4 years staffy cusack didint break his leg but could be the dreaded cruciate which were cursed with 6 in last 6 years.

winsamsoon

Heard  today that the lads leg was broke. Cruciate is probably a worse injury! Hope the lad gets well soon
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

ogshead

Quote from: thewanderer on June 01, 2010, 04:39:02 PM
Congrats t the Armagh Minor Hurlers who beat Derry today in the c'ship, a great result and they should go into the semi final against Down with great confidence.

A bit unfair  they have to beat Derry, down and Antrim to win it buts that life at the bottom, although having Antrim sitting in the final already without a game is a joke

Final score was:
Armagh 4-15
Derry 2-14

Brilliant result... gives all concerned with hurling in Armagh a boost. Well done lads!!
Spirit this is because of all other years failings and stuffings. is there a chance that the minors could win ulster if so is this team better or has the other counties standards dropped? what did you think of the senior hammering is this a set back or just reality. well done to minor players.

I know you directed the question at Spirit, Wanderer, but I would prefer to look at the glass half full. It's a boost to Armagh hurling. The senior result was disappointing but at least there is talent starting to come through. I know one good minor team will not mean Armagh become a hurling power in Ulster but it is something to work with. If you notice the underage club results you will see that it's not Keady winning everthing like they were ten years ago and it is more competitive and this will definitely help the county sides. When one club wins everything it's easier for players to drift away
The Ulster league win will also give the players confidence to have a good rattle at it anyway and they have had a good year. Antrim are in the final because of previous performances and I think that decision was probably made before the league started

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: ogshead on June 01, 2010, 09:43:12 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on June 01, 2010, 04:39:02 PM

Final score was:
Armagh 4-15
Derry 2-14

I know you directed the question at Spirit, Wanderer, but I would prefer to look at the glass half full. It's a boost to Armagh hurling. The senior result was disappointing but at least there is talent starting to come through. I know one good minor team will not mean Armagh become a hurling power in Ulster but it is something to work with. If you notice the underage club results you will see that it's not Keady winning everthing like they were ten years ago and it is more competitive and this will definitely help the county sides. When one club wins everything it's easier for players to drift away
The Ulster league win will also give the players confidence to have a good rattle at it anyway and they have had a good year. Antrim are in the final because of previous performances and I think that decision was probably made before the league started

The wanderer you seem very sceptical about the hurling in the county, i know previously you have poured scorn on the money being invested in the development of the game and now your querying the ability of the other counties instead of recognising the huge strides that have been made.  I do realise our starting position is due to past results, but i do feel Antrim in the final is wrong at minor level (although i see the reasoning at senior level).

Although at 1st glance the senior result looks like a disaster, there  are a number of factors I feel that contributed to this. Down at the moment  are at a higher level than Armagh and have been playing well of late, also the team had a few niggly injuries which were not chanced due to this weeks game. Also the Nicky Rackard starts this weekend which is far more important in the eyes of the Armagh team and is what this season has been geared toward.

thewanderer

Spirit who are the main rivals for the nicky rackard. i also would say that i encourage anyone who wishes to play hurling but unfortunately armagh is not a traditional hurling county and unfortunately will never be able to compete at the top level as can be seen by down and derry who have a bigger hurling base and tradition but cannot make the break to the bigger stage. as i have stated before i have no problem supporting hurling financially but enticing young players with free gear in development squads is wrong and costly. 178k to run hurling county teams in 2009 with little income in return is my only concern. ps bad looking when an armagh senior hurling club team cant field a team last night due to only 9 turning up?

pearseog

anyone see silver mckee interview on the armagh website..."antrim's name's on that trophy"
mind games or does he really believe that?

IVEDECIDED

Anyone got the first division fixtures for this fri night?

el_cuervo_fc

Friday 4 June
ACL – Div. I (7.30)
Pearse Og v Whitecross (Rory Robinson) OFF
Culloville v Sarsfields (Joe Murtagh)
Killeavy v St Patrick's (Barney Henry)
Carrickcruppen v Mullaghbawn (Eamon Nugent)
Clan na Gael v Dromintee (Jimmy McKee) at Derrytrasna

oman

just out of interest who was the senior hurling team who could not field last night.

mrgaa1

it wasn't Keady, Cuchulainns, Middletown or Derrynoose - so that leaves Sean Treacy's, Craobh Rua and Killeavy. 

IVEDECIDED

Where dromintee playing maghery tonight in the league? If so how did it go?

flog the lot

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 02, 2010, 10:14:32 PM
Where dromintee playing maghery tonight in the league? If so how did it go?

i think that was in the B championship, not sure how it went

culyhanna beat wolf tones in it.

BenDover

Quote from: oman on June 02, 2010, 03:35:34 PM
just out of interest who was the senior hurling team who could not field last night.
More than likely Killeavy as their match against the Cuchulainns was called off very late on tuesday evening