Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonmore

Quote from: torres on May 05, 2010, 07:25:35 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on May 05, 2010, 03:30:14 PM
How is it possible to select a team when three team amalgamate? Who manages the team and who calls the shots? It is bound to lead to some arguments
an amalgameted team from clonmore , annaghmore and collageland got to the u-16 county final in 2000 they were named st john,s . i think a kilcluney side reached the latter stages of the minor championship in the late 90,s featuring players from ballymacnab,clady and granemore . when teams cant field on their own they normally join up with their parish neighbours , still would,nt like to be a  selector though  :D
Hi.
Clonmore being one of the smallest clubs in the country have, perhaps always, had to amalgamate with neighbouring clubs to provide underage football. Annaghmore and Collegelands are neighbours who are in a similar position. St. Johns or Naomh Eoin and field at U-8 to U-21 depending on numbers.
I'm sure all teams/clubs face similar problems and similar benefits.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Division 4: St Patrick's II 0-11 St Michael's Killean 1-7
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano

Harps beat Keady 2.13 to 1.8 in the league (which also doubled as the Sean Doran memorial cup game). 

Thanks to Keady who put on a fantastic spread in the Sportsman afterwards.

MOJO

Lads/Ladies, is it just me or is anyone else totally frustrated by the lack of interest our county board has in providing up to date results. Surely in this day in age, it couldn't be that difficult to setup a system that can automatically display results shortly after the game. Tyrone are able to provide this information on their website almost instantly on all matches. Don't think we really appreciated the service that Barry Coleman provided, as the county board maintain their 'couldn't care less' attitude towards clubs. 

winsamsoon

Quote from: MOJO on May 08, 2010, 03:39:19 PM
Lads/Ladies, is it just me or is anyone else totally frustrated by the lack of interest our county board has in providing up to date results. Surely in this day in age, it couldn't be that difficult to setup a system that can automatically display results shortly after the game. Tyrone are able to provide this information on their website almost instantly on all matches. Don't think we really appreciated the service that Barry Coleman provided, as the county board maintain their 'couldn't care less' attitude towards clubs.
[/b]

This is an increasing problem in Armagh especially since the All Ireland win.  The majority of Clubs are now only important when it comes to getting money from them, The rest of the time anything that is organised is done so is a very going through the motions attitude. We are the laughing stock.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

mhacadoir

i found all of last nights results quite quickly.

the under 21 championship does need updating mind

MOJO

how and where? - i'd be interested to know.

mhacadoir

Quote from: MOJO on May 08, 2010, 07:05:58 PM
how and where? - i'd be interested to know.

http://www.armagh-gaa.com/Home/Fixtures.aspx

when i go to each division theres a bit for results, they are in there.

EDIT: what AFS said

torres

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on May 08, 2010, 12:30:25 AM
Tir na nOg beat Madden 0-11 to 0-9.
heard your c-h- b  was sent off after hitting his marker and when shown a red card he went for the ref with him almost abandoning the game  ???

twotwocharlie

Good win for the bridge last night. Defence was outstanding again.

el_cuervo_fc

Armagh Club Results for Friday 9 May 2010

Friday 7 May
ACL – Div. I
Culloville 2-3; Crossmaglen 2-15
Whitecross 0-14; Maghery 2-10
Pearse Og 0-10; Carrickcruppen 0-7
St Patrick's 1-10; Mullaghbawn 1-2
Sarsfields 0-8; Dromintee 0-15
Killeavy 1-12; Clan na Gael 0-11
ACL – Div. II
Keady 1-8; Armagh Harps 2-13
St Michael's 0-7; Granemore 1-12
Wolfe Tone 0-10; Silverbridge 1-8
St Peter's 0-11; Ballyhegan 0-14
Tir na nÓg 0-11; Madden 0-9
Clann Eireann 2-10; Ballymacnab 3-13
ACL – Div. III
Forkhill 0-18; An Port Mor 1-10
Tullysaran 0-11; Eire Og 1-8
St Paul's 1-3; Annaghmore 0-9
Belleek 1-7; Lissummon 2-9
Clonmore 0-3; Shane O'Neill's 2-16
ACL – Div. IV
Crossmaglen II v Derrynoose (Off)
Grange 3-20; Phelim Brady's 0-1
Clady 3-12; Mullabrack 1-7
Killean 1-7; St Patrick's II 0-11
Dorsey Emmett's 0-13; O'Hanlon's 0-7
Corrinshego 1-7; Killeavy II 1-13

http://www.armaghgaa.net/forum/f25/armagh-club-results-friday-9-may-2010-a-449/

MOJO

Its unreal what a bit of bad publicity can do! Whoever is in charge of compiling/displaying results must have seen my post, and has been told to get it sorted. Good work though, lets hope we have the same speed and efficiency after each round of results.

JUst retired

Sorry to burst you bubble MOJO, The results were posted on an unoffical site. Nothing to do with your post. :)

centrefield

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on May 05, 2010, 06:32:01 PM
Just organise a few training sessions beforehand and I'd say it sorts itself out. Wouldn't have thought that side would have a huge pick altogether anyway.

couldnt be further from the truth, they had a panel of almost 40, 18/19 lads on the bench, how these teams were allowed to amalgimate makes a joke of the county board and a joke of the competition...the whole idea of giving boys the opourtunity to play U21 football is all a fraud!