Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Quote from: David McKeown on April 04, 2007, 04:59:51 PM
7:30 according to bbc sport's website

Thanks David. Time enough for my tea yet...

full back

Wednesday 11 April

ACL – Div. III (6.45)
An Port Mor v Middletown (Vincent O'Neill)

Saturday 14 April

ACL – Div. IV (5.30)
Dorsey Emmett's v Forkhill (Paudie Hughes)

Sunday 15 April

ACL – Div. I (2.00)
Crossmaglen v Clan na Gael (Kevin Gallogly)
Culloville v Whitecross (Damian McConville)
Harps v Mullaghbawn (Stephen Murray)
Pearse Og v Maghery (Oliver Hearty)
Tir na nÓg v Dromintee (Jimmy McKee)

ACL – Div. II (2.00)
Annaghmore v Carrickcruppen (Noel Martin)
Keady v Granemore (Ronan Quigley)
Killeavey v Ballymacnab (Brendan Gorman)
St Patrick's v St Michael's (Gary Smith) *Postponed until Wednesday 25 April (7.00)
St Peter's v Wolfe Tones (Tony Watters)
Silverbridge v Clann Eireann (Tony O'Hare)

ACL – Div. III (2.00)
Ballyhegan v Clonmore (Seamus O'Neill)
Lissummon v Crossmaglen II (Padraig Duffy)
Madden v Clady (Jim Burns)
St Paul's v Tullysaran (Jim Slevin)
Sarsfields v Collegeland (Rory Robinson)

ACL – Div. IV (2.00)
Derrynoose v Mullaghbrack (Paul Seacroft)
Eire Og v O'Hanlon's (Joe Murtagh)
Phelim Brady's v Grange (Seamus Falloon)
Shane O'Neill's v Corrinshego (Stephen McKinley)

Taken from Orchard County

Uladh

Great to have the leagues back and some real football to get our teeth into. only six weeks til the championships... if the county board can be believed... so it should be hot and heavy from the start!

Cross Vs Clans is a nice welcome home party for the all ireland champs and keady Vs Granemore is sure to be a belter. (cert for trouble with that wombat quigley refereeing it).

full back

Indeed, some good games Uladh.
Quigley will have his hands full in Keady for sure ;)

As for the championship in 6 weeks, I wouldnt hold my breath, them tubes at the county board could change their mind at any given time

Orior

Quote from: Uladh on April 10, 2007, 11:55:13 AM

Great to have the leagues back and some real football to get our teeth into. only six weeks til the championships... if the county board can be believed... so it should be hot and heavy from the start!

Cross Vs Clans is a nice welcome home party for the all ireland champs and keady Vs Granemore is sure to be a belter. (cert for trouble with that wombat quigley refereeing it).

Hmmm. And why dont you take up refereeing yourself chief?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Uladh

[/quote]

Hmmm. And why dont you take up refereeing yourself chief?

[/quote]

Because i'm shite at it and if more attention seeking egomaniacs who never kicked a ball, but yet pass themselves off as referees, could admit the same thing the world would be a better place.

full back

How do you like them apples Orior? :D

Orior

Quote from: full back on April 10, 2007, 02:41:21 PM
How do you like them apples Orior? :D

I'm just saying that if you think referees are below standard then you should try having a go yourself. Its all too easy to criticise.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ard mhaca abu

can anyone give me directions to annaghmore?

full back

Are you going from 'Cruppen field?

ard mhaca abu

David McKeown

As I believe the only Annaghmore member on the board I will try to give you directions Ard Mhaca Abu but I warn you our pitch is very hard to find.

This is definitely not the quickest route as its about 5 miles longer than how i would go but its probably the handiest if you dont know the area around Annaghmore

From Camlough head toward Armagh

Go straight through Armagh heading towards the Moy

About 3/4 miles from the Moy you will see trainors scrap yard on your right hand side turn right there. 

Go to the end of that road and turn right.  This is a very long very winding road about 4 mile down it you find Ardress House on you right.

Go past Ardress House and keep going about another mile or so and you will see a church on your left hand side. Go past the church and round the corner.

Then take you next left

Go to the end of that road and take left.

Travel along that road for about 2 mile.  You will past Derry's furniture on your right hand side.  Take your next right.

Go along that road about 2 mile and go round a sharp corner.  Take right after the corner. 

Go along that road and you will see the pitch on your right hand side.

If you know how to get to Stone Bridge restaurant on the Armagh-Portadown road then PM me and I will send you directions from there its much quicker that way.

I wont be there on Sunday so I will expect a report on the game.

If you want to use one of those driving directions websites.  The address of our pitch is 59 Eglish Road Portadown bt62 1nl
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Smokin Joe

Good to see such a helpful post.  Good on you David.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: David McKeown on April 11, 2007, 05:38:26 PM
As I believe the only Annaghmore member on the board I will try to give you directions Ard Mhaca Abu but I warn you our pitch is very hard to find.

Understatement of the year. I like to think that I have a decent sense of direction, and I've played a few times at Annaghmore (won the 1988 Annaghmore tournament  8)), and I could no more find it now than I could predict this week's lottery numbers. That general area, bounded by Moy to the west, Loughgall to the South and the Motorway to the North is an absolute maze of narrow road ways! 

By the way, Dirk Diggler from the previous board was an Annaghmore man, although I don't see him about now - unless of course it's you David!  ;)

David McKeown

Yeah hard enough pitch to find alright and no I have only posted on here under my real name didnt realise there was more than one Annaghmore man.  Thanks SJ
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner