Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Is keeping Enda on board a cheap way of utilising his mental prep skills?

umgolaarmagh

Enda is simple still one of the best corner backs in armagh

thewanderer

umgola are you serious, he couldnt even mark you?? mind you the old mind games might be different ;D

thewanderer

surely someone like gerard barton or gerard mc coy of the ogs would deserve a chance other than someone who has served the county well but who has now lost the edge

judas1

Quote from: thewanderer on November 24, 2009, 11:43:45 AM
surely someone like gerard barton or gerard mc coy of the ogs would deserve a chance other than someone who has served the county well but who has now lost the edge
wat about chris rafferty, wanderer did you forget about him.

DuffleKing

How do we know this or how have you arrived at that conclusion?

thewanderer

watched him with mullabawn and didnt shine the 3 times i saw him and he didnt play for armagh last year, ps chris did deserve a further chance but where happy to see him play regularily for the ogs, great club player.

rattle-the-net

The u21 final was a game of two halfs!! the wind dictated the game, cross went all out the first half to score as much as they could and then defend for their lives second half.

Cruppin didnt get it right first half in my opinion, they should have pulled more bodies back to cope with the wind. Yet in saying that some of cruppin players didnt want to know first half but came out fighting second half and i think scored 7 8 points in the first 10 minutes and had cross rattled but then a young lad for cross got hurt and game was stopped for about 6 7 mins!

This took the momentum away from cruppin and when cruppin was going on the attack got caught at the back to concede a goal late on which killed the game as a contest.

Cross by far the better team on the day, pity game was played in such bad conditions, would have being great to see what the two teams could have produced on a good day!

AFS

Doubt if Enda is fit for much more football with the county, but still wouldn't mind him around the set up in any capacity. No better man to let the newer additions know what it takes to reach the top. Remember watching him in a McKenna cup game a couple of years ago, and although the legs had gone a bit even then and he was struggling himself, he was constantly talking to the young lads around him, telling them where they should be for kick outs, reminding them which side of their man to stick on, etc. Having that sort of experience around the place is priceless.

thewingedlady

The day I knew Enda's game was up was the Dublin County Final in 2005 when a very yoing Mark Vaughan absolutely roasted him in the first half, scoring 5/6 points off him before Na Fianna made a change. That's just over four years ago! He must be in there for his expertise in sports psychology because, whilst once a great player, he's simply not that standard anymore.

davo

Quote from: judas1 on November 24, 2009, 12:03:57 PM
wat about chris rafferty, wanderer did you forget about him.

Very surprised rafferty didnt get another call up. was on the armagh championship panel last year and didnt even get a trial this year when he was centre half back on a championship winning team and was consistently good all year. armagh's loss is ogs gain i feel.

How many of the dromintee lads are on it? looking forward to seeing the full list of the panel.

winsamsoon

Listen lads if Mc Nulty is in the panel for any other reason only football then he should be part of back ground staff and he shouldn't be taking the place of another lad. It's a joke but then again so is Armagh. I have seen Chris Rafferty play this year and he certainly didn't do anything wrong i would have said he deserved a shot.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

DuffleKing

I haven't seen McNulty play for so long that i couldn't give an assessment on him.

I guess neither have the new management and maybe they need to assess him? Are we sure he's on the panel?

There's a lot of hopeful names being bandied about that in our heart of hearts we know aren't going to make county footballers.

winsamsoon

Mc Nulty played championship football last year for Mullaghbawn and he was stinking, that should have been enough for anyone to see that he was miles off the pace
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Onion Bag

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on November 24, 2009, 11:03:29 AM
Enda is simple still one of the best corner backs in armagh

He couldnt handle the Goal Machine Bones! the Bear in the Square 
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!