Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

congrats to the 'Gers for doing the business once again  :'(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

crossfire

Quote from: gaapunter on July 29, 2008, 02:58:53 PM
 Anyhow if I was you i would worry about crosses position alot of men getting on in years ie JD, The mac Twins, Mcconville and feck all coming through- glass houses lad- I will tell you one thing Cross will not win nr 13 this year someone will beat youse and I hope to see it

You know your stuff ""son" ::) ::)

winsamsoon

classic. You held that dear to your heart crossfire. You had to trail back a few pages to find that one  :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

under the bar

Maybe Armagh should abandon the senior championship and let cross have a bye so they can get a clean run at Ulster?

winsamsoon

sure they will still have a clear run at the Ulster ??? ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Yes I Would

Quote from: billy the kid on October 21, 2008, 12:51:15 PM
Quote from: back off the net on October 20, 2008, 08:04:52 PM
cullyhanna play greenlough from Derry now in the intermid c ship does anyone know much about this team?I Hope ciaran mc keever comes home injury free from Australia so he can play against greenlough he would be a big loss if he got injuryed

Greenlough are a mid table Div 3 side in Derry football.  Would be a long way of the top 2 divisions in Derry at the moment and it would be hard to say where they would come in Armagh football leagues as Derry leagues are much stronger (no offence)  Going by last year where Wolf tones or Whitecross (cant remember which) were Armagh Intermediate champions and were Div 1 Armagh, although relegated and they were hammered by Newbridge from Derry who were Bottom of Div 3 at the time, although they avoided relegation on last day of the season, Greenlough would prob be top 3/4 of Div 2 in Armagh but that is just an estimate. Greenlough would prob be slightly weaker than newbridge were and Im aware Cullyhanna are a good bit stronger than Wolf tones or Whitecross. 

Greenlough are a young side with a few handy players as far as I know the only County man is a Derry U21.  Having watched both teams this year I would have to say Cullyhanna are favourites and as they have the home draw Greenlough would appear to have alot to do to progress but sure you never know. 

Having seen a few games in these competitions at Int & Junior level in recent years. My impression is that for some clubs winning their county championship is realistically where their ambition ends. Its not intentional and many would not admit it or even realise that it is the case, but the same hunger, and desire just isnt there once the celebrating and boozing, sometimes a week long is out of the road.
As a result they are wide open!!

St Pats i have seen a bit of in recent years and they seem to have improved in terms of consistency, commitment and discipline which had been their downfall on many occasion.  Last year, defeat at the semi final stage to Whitecross seem to hurt them as they no doubt felt that it was there for the taking. That seemed to drive them on this year. With the exception of 1 or 2 the same players. same team, but it will depend on whether they fancy running around in the mud and puddles over the next couple of months.

Orior

Whats te financial reward for winning Intermediate or Junior at Ulster level?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

DrinkingHarp

Crossfire or BC or anyone else do you have the lineup for the Cross team that won on Sunday?
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Candyman

Quote from: drici on October 22, 2008, 12:28:50 AM
Paul Hearty

Martin Aherne - Played forwards all his life but played very well here on sunday
Francie Bellew
Paul McKeown

Aaron Kernan (0-5)
John Donaldson
Paul Kernan

Tony McEntee
David McKenna

Micheal McNamee - Was playing sweeper at one stage and did well also
John McEntee( 0-2)
Jamie Clarke

Tony Kernan
Cathal Short
Oisin McConville (0-6)

Substitutes:
John Murtagh for Jamie Clarke
Kyle Carragher for Cathal Short

bennydorano

Motions for the Armagh Co Convention (15th December) have to be with the Co Board by 14th November.  Seems like they dont want any motions as there'll be hardly any AGM's convened before the 14th November.

diesel-smuggler

benny the clubs committees can forward any motions to the county board as they dont have to be ratified at the agm's as is every year

thebandit

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 20, 2008, 11:14:55 PM
Quote from: goh4205 on October 20, 2008, 10:25:27 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 20, 2008, 10:01:01 PM
QuoteAs I have said before on here it is very very poor refereeing as far as im concerned to book for striking,

There was a yellow card for a punch by Johnny McGeeney on Saturday as well.

I was standing right beside that incident on the stand side & he slapped him, which tactally is a strike, but this was after no.10 for St Pat's slapped him and he fell to the ground as if he was shot.
Looked like a punch to me Goh and I wasn't too far away from it myself.

Johnny can be a bit of an eegit, but that number 10 nearly should have been punished for simulation. Did anyone else cop McKeever going over and telling him to stay down?

Uladh

was McEntee the only scorer from play?

crossfire