Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Peadar mightn't be doing a big pile for a while, I hear he went over on his ankle in training the other night. :-\ :(  Dont know how serious it is, but it was swollen pretty quickly apparently.

Only one Armagh winner in Cork all weekend at the bullets ???  A good Harps woman at that, hear a few Blawawatertown lads got a bit of a skelping(deserved)?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: bennydorano on July 17, 2008, 09:12:25 AM
Peadar mightn't be doing a big pile for a while, I hear he went over on his ankle in training the other night. :-\ :(  Dont know how serious it is, but it was swollen pretty quickly apparently.

Only one Armagh winner in Cork all weekend at the bullets ???  A good Harps woman at that, hear a few Blawawatertown lads got a bit of a skelping(deserved)?

Unfortunately, gone are the days that I headed down to Cork religiously twice a year.  I didn't hear any reports.

There doesn't be many young lads from Blackwater that go to the bullets, so there must have been a few guys who should know better.

What did you hear happened Benny?  Send me a PM if libellous  ;)

umgolaarmagh

The Ogs B team drew with Cross B's last night. Ogs were leading by 5 to go until Cross introduce J. Hanratty and they levelled it with the last kick of the game

In though young Hanratty would be a regular on the senior team or Seconds at least, is his form that bad at the mment that he can only make it on the bench of the club reserve team

bennydorano

Just heard they were doing a bit of slabbering or whatever SJ, think it was a t**ker crowd that sorted them - although I'm only repeating what I heard and cant be sure if it's 100% true.

illdecide

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on July 17, 2008, 10:51:52 AM
The Ogs B team drew with Cross B's last night. Ogs were leading by 5 to go until Cross introduce J. Hanratty and they levelled it with the last kick of the game

In though young Hanratty would be a regular on the senior team or Seconds at least, is his form that bad at the mment that he can only make it on the bench of the club reserve team

It could be that he was injured and just needs game time coming back ??? If not it is some fall for the lad to be featuring in the 6 o clock news and newspapers in one of Cross big games last year or the year before can't remember (Hope i'm thinking of the same lad, was it the incident where he was arrested at the house and was touch and go if he'd be realised to play for Cross in a big game that weekend)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

What way is the ticket situation at home? everyone get sorted and had the clubs enough?

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteWhat way is the ticket situation at home? everyone get sorted and had the clubs enough?

I'd say everyone will get a ticket in the end but the clubs (or our club at least but I think the story's repeated else where) didn't have enough seated tickets. According to a poster on orchardcounty, those who join the "Friends of Armagh" scheme get first refusal on the seated tickets.

On Johnny Hanratty, wouldn't be that surprised to see him playing B football. He's been playing for the seniors this year but probably isn't named on the first XV for the 1st division side and wouldn't be involved with the 3rd division team so is eligible for the Bs. Probably just helping out the Bs or getting back to fitness if he's had an injury. Didn't play the South Armagh B c'ship final but then wouldn't be eligible as he'd have played senior c'ship last year.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

mhacadoir

seated tickets for middletown were extremely limited, only three for gerry arthurs and they all for the front row

corn02

Big battle tonight Harps v Dromintee. Have to work so will be missing it but should be a cracker. Dromintee's saving grace this year has been their away form. (two defeats in seven or something), hopefully it continues tonight.

gaapunter

Quote from: corn02 on July 18, 2008, 10:20:05 AM
Big battle tonight Harps v Dromintee. Have to work so will be missing it but should be a cracker. Dromintee's saving grace this year has been their away form. (two defeats in seven or something), hopefully it continues tonight.

Corn you should be Ok harps are an extremely poor team and lets hope they go down ::)

corn02

They wern't too bad when they tanked us in Dromintee.

Real1995

anybody got a full list of fixtures for tonites games?
Nice guys always finish second!

illdecide

Wednesday 16 July

All-County 'B' League – Group A (8.00)
Granemore v Ballyhegan (Oliver Hearty)
Sarsfields v Silverbridge (Malachy McNicholl)
Crossmaglen v Pearse Og (Dessie McDonnell)

All-County 'B' League – Group B (8.00)
Harps v Madden (Jim Slevin)
Clan na Gael v St Patrick's (Barney Henry)
Killeavey v Ballymacnab (Paudie Hughes)

Thursday 17 July

All-County Under-16 League – Group A (7.30)
Keady v Naomh Eoin (Henry McCloy)
St Peter's v Silverbridge (Stephen Murray)
St Patrick's v Harps (Noel Martin)

All-County Under-16 League – Group B (7.30)
Pearse Og v Sarsfields (Paudie Hughes)
Tir na nÓg v Crossmaglen (Tony O'Hare)
Shane O'Neill's v Clann Eireann (Joe Murtagh)

Friday 18 July

ACL – Division One (8.00)
Crossmaglen v Maghery (Gary Smith)
Harps v Dromintee (Brendan Gorman)
Clan na Gael v Killeavey (Noel Martin)
Culloville v Mullaghbawn (Ronan Quigley)
Pearse Og v St Patrick's (Barney Henry)

ACL – Division Two (8.00)
Wolfe Tone v Tir na nÓg (Jimmy McKee)
Keady v Sarsfields (Kevin Gallogly)
Carrickcruppen v Whitecross (Damian McConville)
Granemore v St Michael's (Stephen Murray)
Silverbridge v An Port Mor (Oliver Hearty)
Ballymacnab v Clann Eireann (Off)

ACL – Division Three (8.00)
Madden v Collegeland (Paudie Hughes)
Tullysaran v Ballyhegan (Joe Murtagh)
Lissummon v St Paul's (Rory Robinson)
Crossmaglen II v Belleek (Off)
St Peter's v Clonmore (Off)
Grange v Annaghmore (Off)

ACL – Division Four (8.00)
Derrynoose v Eire Og (Vincent O'Neill)
Clady v Forkhill (Mickey Leonard)
Mullaghbrack v Middletown (Patrick Duffy)
Corrinshego v O'Hanlon's (Sean McClatchey)
Shane O'Neill's v Phelim Brady's (Stephen McKinley)

Monday 21 July

All-County Minor League – Group A (7.30)
Granemore v St Paul's (Sean McClatchey)
Sarsfields v Carrickcruppen (Stephen Murray)
St Patrick's v Harps (Dessie McDonnell)

All-County Minor League – Group B (7.30)
Ballymacnab v Maghery (Patrick Duffy)
Clan na Gael v Killeavey (Mickey Leonard)
Crossmaglen v Tullysaran (Jim Burns)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gaapunter

Quote from: corn02 on July 18, 2008, 10:32:29 AM
They wern't too bad when they tanked us in Dromintee.

That speaks volumes for the current situation in Dromintee- i hope you both go down

corn02

Ha brillaint, what club are you from?