Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Ach u know me... easy goin as usual!!!  :D

Candyman

Just got word that our game with the Ogs is OFF?!?!?!
cant confirm 100% until later though..... RIPPIN!!!!! >:(

umgolaarmagh

your glad candyman

you didnt want to get cleaned

AGAIN!!!!

in a derby match

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

fcuksake

game def off

heard the harps refused to accept Ogs request to play on sat night, so ogs planned to play county men on sunday unless co.board called game off.

adrian clarke again i think ::) ::)

I'm just posting wot i heard. anyone with any other stories about why it is off
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

mousey

Quote from: armagh leg-end on May 30, 2008, 01:10:45 AM
Quote from: winsamsoon on May 29, 2008, 12:45:55 AMI went to uni with a guy from madden and he was a sound lad aswell

winsamsoon, who was it you went to uni with?

so lads, any idea when the finals is on?
final date aint been fixed yet rumour has it that it wont be til after armagh cavan because of county minors and senior players involved

umgolaarmagh

Why would the Haprs not play on saturday night

Were they not up to the challenge of playing the ogs with a full strength team

Maybe the fact that the Harps have a number of injuries was a reason and im sure there actually glad for the match to be called off

fcuksake

why should Harps play saturday night, when it is was fixed for Sunday. Ogs have all their county men available if played sat night. Harps would not have vernon or Holmes and . Maybe its the Ogs who are not up to the challenge without their county men. Harps would be looking to maintain their 100% record on your new patch.  ;)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

umgolaarmagh

I dont think many teams would want to play a derby match without there 7 county players

As far as i know Holmesy and Charlie are injured so wouldnt be playing anyway

armagh leg-end

Quote from: mousey on May 30, 2008, 11:07:31 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on May 29, 2008, 12:45:55 AMI went to uni with a guy from madden and he was a sound lad aswell

final date aint been fixed yet rumour has it that it wont be til after armagh cavan because of county minors and senior players involved

word is that its down for 5th july!
Ard Mhacha Abu

qub la la la

Quote from: armagh leg-end on May 31, 2008, 12:09:03 AM
Quote from: mousey on May 30, 2008, 11:07:31 PM

word is that its down for 5th july!

There is a possibility that the u21 final may not be played until such time as armagh are no longer involved in the championship. though i think that if armagh beat cavan it will be played the weekend after the ulster semi final which is indeed the weekend of 5th july. however, if armagh minors and seniors lost to cavan i would think the final would be played within 2 weeks of the 15th june. so the long and short is who knows.

Candyman

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on May 31, 2008, 12:05:52 AM
I dont think many teams would want to play a derby match without there 7 county players

Fact is you's yapped to get the match called off....

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Candyman on May 31, 2008, 01:06:33 AM
Quote from: umgolaarmagh on May 31, 2008, 12:05:52 AM

Fact is you's yapped to get the match called off....

Facts are that we were looking to play the game on sunday.  We never yet asked for the game to be called off.  Our county boys were looking to play on sunday which was well within their rights, ala the thirteen day rule.  The county board called the game off. 

Candyman full of shit as usual

pintsofguinness

I can see why the Harps are pissed off but rule about county players not being allowed to play is a f**king joke - you'd get injured in training as easily as you would in a game. 
About time the clubs start to challenge it and demand their players.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

umgolaarmagh

The Ogs boys are pissed of as well Pints

I know they were looking forward to playing the Harps with there first full strength team against them in years

County board has alot to answer for but again theres no reason why it couldnt be played tonight