Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue

Is Alan Hearty even the second choice keeper in cross? He wasn't even named on the panel for the county final, was he injured or something?

Stephan Forker is down to play for his Uni.

QuoteI see there is a load of North Armagh boys included again (not) Maybe Joe is to lazy to drive in that direction
Well if he won't drive a few mile out the road to the Bridge you couldn't expect him to head to Lurgan or somewhere.

no alan hearty wasnt injured i dont think. dont know why he was called in to that panel really cos he doesnt feature for cross supposedly because he doesnt want to play 2nd fiddle for them. i thought that miceal reel from the bridge may have got a chance put in some fine performances against us this season and hes a good keeper.

i thought that stefan forker was still at university? did he not play in the mc cormick cup earlier in the year for dungannan? i was near sure he did,are people possibly mixing him up with his brother pau

pints who do you think from the bridge deserves to get a chance to play in mc kenna cup? only 2 i would think would be niall and miceal reel. from playing against culloville a few times this year do you think there is any of our players could be worth a shout?

trueblue

i thought that stefan forker was still at university? did he not play in the mc cormick cup earlier in the year for dungannan? i was near sure he did,are people possibly mixing him up with his brother pau

sorry i meant to say is stefan forker not still at st pats college in dungannon i thought he played for them earlier in the year in the mc cormick cup. are people mixing him up with his brother paul who is in 3rd year in jordanstown?

Border Fox

Dunno Trueblue

Smiler would probably be worth a shout if Hearty is, but I don't think he's county material,
Colm is too young,
What about Fergal Rowland, is he long back from injury?

The only solution - Send for big Alan!

trueblue

fergals a very good player i think hed be worth a shout and same with smiler,colms playing mc crory football so hes time on his side. im glad nobody is on it from culloville because it would severely handicap us next year in the first division and we will need all our players fit and playing on a weekly basis if were going to survive so personally im not too disappointed that nobody is called onto it

illdecide

I forgot about Michael Austin (full back) he's not a bad player, could do a job if the Francie fella can't get that shoulder sorted out. I know he's not the quickest but he's big and strong with a good pair of hands and i suppose Francie is no speed machine either. Could anyone tell me what club/clubs them two McCreesh fella's are from? havent heard to much mentioned about them lads.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

holylandsniper

Gerard - Mullaghbawn
Paudie - Cullyhanna -  would i think be the best of the two,
both defenders and both on last years U21 panel

trueblue

both mc creeshs are good players, but i would rate paudie as a better player than gerard.
he was marking mark lynch last year in the u21 championship semi final in cross and hardly gave him a kick at it. hes also a good attacking player and well capable of kicking a score tho both players are very left footed and paudie would need to get a good bit bigger and stronger

gerards a more tenacious player very strong in the tackle  and is another good prospect

trueblue

Quote from: illdecide on January 04, 2007, 01:13:34 PM
I forgot about Michael Austin (full back) he's not a bad player, could do a job if the Francie fella can't get that shoulder sorted out. I know he's not the quickest but he's big and strong with a good pair of hands and i suppose Francie is no speed machine either. Could anyone tell me what club/clubs them two McCreesh fella's are from? havent heard to much mentioned about them lads.

austin is a good player alright and would be worth a try. hes a big strong horse of a man. what age is he? is he young enough to possibly be made into a county player? if dwyer mc a linden was good enough last year he would have been worth a look again this year then in my opinion. he played ritely versus cross in county final. what about michael shanks from clann eireann?

charlie stubbs

stefan forker is seventh year in the acadamy paul is third year at jtown and on their panel, henderson dropped out of uni in 2nd year(2 years ago)

illdecide

Joe Q is not a bad player, he's good with the free's as well but i'm not sure about county material is he not a bit small for that step up. Although a mate of mine was told once that size dosen't matter but i think it does ;)

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: David McKeown on January 03, 2007, 10:06:43 PM
I know I mentioned it before but it kind of got lost in my Andrew Mallon comment, but what about Shane Smyth.  Was in the panel in 2002 and was only dropped in 2003 to have surgery for a knee injury, hasnt been back in the panel since but had a good year with Annaghmore this year as they came out of division 3

What age is big Smyth? I only seen him play a couple of times, but would think the likes of Davey Turley would be ahead of him??

I'd trhow McDoo into the McKenna cup squad...test him now! - before it's too late.

Can't beleive Micky Austin is being talked about!!  :-\

Compared to Tyrone's "New" panel - I'm slightly worried about what is coming through the ranks!!

Aghdavoyle

Strong rumours around dromintee that barry shannon, aidan o'rourke, benny mcardle, vincy martin and shane o'neill could be playing county football for louth this year....

corn02

If its true Shane must have some kick on him if he's going to play form Sydney.  :)

pintsofguinness

trueblue
Quotepints who do you think from the bridge deserves to get a chance to play in mc kenna cup? only 2 i would think would be niall and miceal reel.
Two great lads but not who'd I'd pick first for county duty.  Who deserves a chance? Cormac McEvoy, playing some great stuff for us for the last few years, himself and Ciaran Conlon are the two players we have who'd currently be county standard.
Micheal Reel is an excellent keeper,  has it all, shot stopper, excellent under high ball, intelligence clearances, excellent kickout but this was his first year of senior football and although he hasn't put a foot wrong I think it's too soon.  Give him and Gerard McGarvey (you must remember gerry's performance in u21 game?) another 12 months and they'll be county standard too.
I'm not sure if I'd say Niall Reel is county standard though he, and a few others, would not look out of place on the mckenna cup panel.  Niall is the type of player you don't really appreciate until he's not there. Quietly goes about his business without a fuss, he had Stevie McDonnell in his arse pocket a few weeks ago, I'd love to see if he could do for the county what he does for us.
But lets face it, these boys will probably not get their chance, not under Joe anyway.

Quotefrom playing against culloville a few times this year do you think there is any of our players could be worth a shout?
Ah I wouldnt have a clue to be honest, no one really stood out but that doesnt mean there isnt someone of the ability there.
I dont play either, far too oul, lazy and big boned.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

I agree with the Goat that Armagh's panel compared to Tyrone's looks mediocre however I've heard that that fella Micky Austin is meant to be a bit of a legend up that neck of the woods. D turley is not a bad player, i marked him a few times myself (that was probably why he called into the county panel a few years ago :P) but i can't see him improving whats already there.