Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

I wouldn't be so certain about the Og's being the main contenders, by the looks of it they are going to have to contend with 7 or 8 players on the county panel, that cannot be be good for the team's unity  and cohesion(as they certainly are no Cross).  Apart from them, Dromintee are still the team best placed to beat them, Dyas is a huge loss but a fit again Shane O'Neill and Vinny Martin are no bad replacements for Dyas's loss.  Hard to know what the Harps will do, new management, but the interest is high with huge numbers out training.  A kind draw could bring the Clans far but they have absolutely no chance of beating Cross(whatever pyschological barrier Dromintee have regarding Cross, Clans are worse).

Candyman

Apart from the Ogs 7/8 on the county panel they have a possibel further 6/7 out because they are either:
(a) Retired
(b) Moving over the water for work
(c) Taking a year out
(d) Long term injury

Can you confirm or deny this..... (el cuervo)  :o

Uladh

i don't think dromintee were beaten 3 finals in a row?

win, I'm merely pointing out that the facts don't support what you're saying. amongst other things you said that Dromintee haven't gotten to many finals. by my recollection they've contested 3 finals, lost 3 semi finals and one quarter final to cross in the last 8 years. until the replay in 2007 cross had never beaten them by more that 1-3 points. including all of the other county champions in ulster, noone else has come closer to beating cross in this current championship series. No other club in armagh has beaten dromintee in senior championship football in armagh in 8 years. bearing that in mind, you still stand over the following?

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 22, 2008, 11:48:00 PM
Dromintee have meet them in earlier rounds and therefore haven't really got an opportunity to reach many finals but they still have never run cross close

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 23, 2008, 09:51:12 AM
No because the last two seasons they have been dumped out in early rounds albeit by cross. Plus they have never won a senior championship so it is hard to say they are the second best team in Armagh.

High Catch

Winsamsoon, pack your bags. Think you have lost this one my friend.

brokencrossbar1

Dromintee have always been the team Cross found hardest to beat.  they were not always the best team that they played against but with the intense rivallry and the fact that we all moreorless knew each other from when we were younger, it meant there was always a keener edge in the games. 

I will take Uladh's stats as correct as I couldn't be arsed finding them.  It amazes me how Dromintee are able to keep focused year in year out.  If anything they are probably more focused than Cross as we always had the advantage of winning to keep us on a crest.  This is Dromintee's year , in my view, as I think they will not get a better chance to beat Cross.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Candyman on January 23, 2008, 10:25:33 AM
Apart from the Ogs 7/8 on the county panel they have a possibel further 6/7 out because they are either:
(a) Retired
(b) Moving over the water for work
(c) Taking a year out
(d) Long term injury

Can you confirm or deny this..... (el cuervo)  :o

I can neither confirm or deny anything at the minute.  When we hit the field i'll be fit to tell u more

Candyman

Grand so.... Was just talking to a few Ogs supporters who were filling me in!! I was actually shocked at some of the names who would potentially be missing!! But sure as its still 2 bottles of Bo for £5 they'll be grand!!!  ;)

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Candyman on January 23, 2008, 11:13:41 AM
Grand so.... Was just talking to a few Ogs supporters who were filling me in!! I was actually shocked at some of the names who would potentially be missing!! But sure as its still 2 bottles of Bo for £5 they'll be grand!!!  ;)

wouldn't it be great if people could read properly. ;)

Hank Everlast

ARMAGH NFL PANEL ANNOUNCED

Armagh manager, Peter McDonnell, has announced his panel for the forthcoming National Football League with the proviso that it may be subject to change at any time during the League.

Paul McGrane is to be captain for this coming season.

The panel is as follows:-

Pearse Og (7): Conor Clarke, Ronan Clarke, Ciaran McKinney, Paul Duffy, Gregory Loughran, Gerard McCoy, Andy Mallon.

Dromintee (5): Gareth O'Neill, Aidan O'Rourke, Martin O'Rourke, Micheal O'Rourke, Barry Shannon

Ballyhegan (3): Paul Courtney, Paul McGrane, Paddy McKeever

Maghery (2): Stefan Forker, James Lavery

Mullaghbawn (2): Gareth Smyth, Mark Quinn

St Patrick's (2): Liam O'Hare, Kieran McKeever

Ballymacnab (1): Brian McCone

Clady (1): Philip Loughran

Clonmore (1): Brendan Donaghy

Harps (1): Charlie Vernon

Killeavey (1): Steven McDonnell

Lissummon (1): Paudie Rodgers

Na Fianna (1): Enda McNulty

Tir na nÓg (1): Brian Mallon

Wolfe Tones (1): Finian Moriarty

bennydorano

I thought Nippy had done enough to merit inclusion.  Liam O'Hare!?

thebandit

Nippy is shocking unlucky.

There's 30 named, sure at least 6 of those will go when the Cross boys come back

Candyman

No disrespect to the lad, but how can Mark Quinn be included and Nippy not?!?! Some may add i have the tinted glasses on but over the few mckenna cup games surely Nippy was more prominent and played the better stuff????

Hank Everlast

nippy and kevin orourke...

there were a few im not sure about tho, shannon, o'hare, c.clarke, quinn... etc

Candyman

Personally I dont think this is the place to slate players (which i have not done) I just think Nippy should have been on the panel?!?!?!?!

gander

Shocked that Kevin O'Rourke didn't make the panel