Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

[/quote]

if im not mistaken armagh took the eventual all ireland champions to a replay in 1993, ulster as whole was very strong in the early 90s, and there was no back door system as there is now
[/quote]

If you were standing in the Athletic Grounds Armagh v Down in 1992 first round, "strong" is not a word i would use to describe Armagh that day. And in 1993 we took the defending champions to a replay was it not?

Uladh

Quote from: topgun on June 26, 2007, 03:42:20 PM
do u not see how these poorer standard players benefit from training with better players increasing the overal standard, training with poorer players isnt going to lessan your own ability, but give u confidence, so where as you started with 18/20 good players you now have 26/27, and your overal panel has improved.

In my experience, you weaken your overall quality with this. the lesser players do marginally improve over the course of a season of training at a higher standard but when the basic skills quality falls down at various points of training sessions, it is difficult to regain. that is when standards slip and bad habits eek their way into players' games. this doesn't apply to young players coming through from minor grade... they will obviously improve rapidly training with the best players. at smaller clubs in particular, you find there'll be 16/18 players well fit for the standard you're playing at plus another 10 who are well off that standard. teams like the harps or cross may have potentially 24/26 ofa similar standard?

Louis the Red

Heard tonight this w/ends games are now to be played on Sunday @ 7:30 and not Friday night.  Anyone know if this is true?

winsamsoon

Louis the red i hope that rumour is true because it would suit me into the ground and allow me to ge to our game. Was that a realiable source?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Louis the Red

Well I know the Ogs game has been changed for deffo.  Heard they all had been changed

diesel-smuggler

yeah the games have been changed back til sunday evening! they had been put on friday night to accommodate anyone wanting to go to the ulster ladies final in clones but for some reason they are back on sunday evening at 7 or 7:30.

pintsofguinness

Wouldn't Friday evening be a better time? 
Not that either suits me.   :-\
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

diesel-smuggler

we have re-fixture against st. peters on friday night!

got st. pat's sunday evening pints! it will be a tough one for us!

illdecide

The Clans have asked Harps for a Sunday match as well, haven't heard the outcome yet.

Def would prefer a Sunday game than Friday night. It means i get away from going to the dreaded outlaws for the Sunday dinner (o sorry i mean't inlaws)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Candyman

as posted on the Harps thread:

Harps V Culloville  Friday @ 8pm
Harps V Clans    Sunday @ 7pm

High Catch

ARMAGH CLUB FIXTURES FOR W/E WEDNESDAY 4 JULY 2007

Wednesday 27 June

ACL – Division IV (8.00)
O'Hanlon's v Shane O'Neill's (Kevin Gallogly)

Saturday 30 June

ACL – Division I (7.00)
Crossmaglen v Whitecross (Paul Boylan)

Sunday 1 July

ACL – Division I (7.00)
Harps v Clan na Gael (Dessie McDonnell)
Culloville v Dromintee (Mickey Leonard)
Pearse Og v Mullaghbawn (Jim Burns)

ACL – Division II (7.00)
Ballymacnab v Annaghmore (Henry McCloy)
Carrickcruppen v St Peter's (Eamon Nugent)
Clann Eireann v Wolfe Tones (Jim Slevin)
Granemore v Silverbridge (Kevin Murtagh)
St Michael's v Keady (Kevin McNeice)
St Peter's v Killeavey (Tony O'Hare)

ACL – Division III (7.00)
Clady v Ballyhegan (Tony Watters)
Clonmore v An Port Mor (Paul Seacroft)
Collegeland v Tullysaran (Gary Smith)
Middletown v Lissummon (Off)
St Paul's v Madden (Noel Martin)
Crossmaglen II v Sarsfields

ACL – Division IV (7.00)
Corrinshego v Belleek (Stephen McKinley)
Forkhill v Eire Og (Jimmy McKee)
Grange v Derrynoose (Oliver Hearty)
Mullaghbrack v Dorsey Emmett's (Damian McConville)

Monday 2 July

Minor Football Championship – 1st Round (7.30)
Madden v St Enda's (Henry McCloy)

Wednesday 4 July

ACL – Division I (8.00)
Tir na nÓg v Maghery (Gerard Devlin)

winsamsoon

excellent news lads to say i was happy would be an understatement. Are those definite High Catch?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

High Catch

They are taken from the Orchard County website and this site is usually accurate with the fixtures, results and tables.

I see there are no fixtures down for Friday night, maybe this will be used for re-fixtures and therefore would not be on the above fixtures.

diesel-smuggler

jaysus st. peters must be some team as they are able to play cruppen and killeavey at the same time!

we are to play st. pats on sunday night!

pintsofguinness

Quotewe are to play st. pats on sunday night!
Dont forget the gum shields.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?