Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Quote from: T Fearon on June 12, 2007, 04:11:17 PM
Lol! ;D

I think the team should have a new nickname after Saturday Night in Maghery....Midget Gems! ;D

or the Lough Neagh Lions! (Appropriate as we have one player who turned down Celtic).

I only hope Saturday night isn't a false dawn, in the early 80s we had a team with potential, winning the Intermediate in 80, beaten by a point in the Senior Semi Finals in 1981 (I recall a marathon game that went to a couple of replays with Harps in the first round that year) and 1983, then more or less disappeared for 15 years.
One hit wonders possibly...  ;)

pdown79

I think with Ronan McAlinden taking the team, though hes still very young, reports from the players say that hes a very good coach and great tactician and with Brain Neeson behind him,theres also a bit of discipline there too. Hopefully the boys can get themsleves up for the carrickcruppen game just as much as they did against the clans. It will be a completely different match though, they wont be underdogs this time and this i feel is one of our falling points. ie, getting beat by weaker teams.
on the subject of celtic, i was happy as larry that he played on saturday night, but being a celtic fan, i just can't come to terms of how stupid he was! ;D
Anyone know when the quarter finals will be played?

T Fearon

The real pity is that Mc Allister and Scullion will be lost to soccer again, all too soon. Glentoran and Dungannon will be starting pre season training shortly. On the other hand , Brian Mallon may be available for some stage of the Championship.`

Its vital also that the Reds stay in Division 1 as well, in my opinion, among the elite

pdown79

They could still play if the matches are on sunday but i doubt they would be able to train all the time which is a real pity. I was takling to brians father, charlie, last week and he was saying that biran isnt too far away and that hes training away but in non contact terms. Would be a big boost for tir na nog, and probably more importantly, Armagh.

Tir na nÓg

Quotewe have some exceptional minors coming through who seem (at the minute) committed to the cause. so the future looks better than you's lads think

Considering over the last maybe 4 or 5 years tir na nog have lost maybe once to clan na gael at u16 and minor, i doubt they will have much to worry about in the future!! Just the other week tir na nog beat the u16s by 27?

Next round of the championship is on 20th July

pintsofguinness

six inch. what do you mean you've put the pints theory to me? i doubt i'm not who you think i am!  full back, i wasn't complaining the bridge weren't getting championship games i was saying they should be spread out among the clubs more.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

cruppen beat the bridge by 2 tonight. heard we lost it in the second half and in the middle of the field. missed a goal in the last seconds. f**k it anyway!

diesel-smuggler

pints - bridge seemed to run out of steam in the second half!

you lot played a very high tempo game in the first half and at one stage led by 7 or 8 points! cruppen got a goal just before half time that left 5 between the teams at the break.

bridge only scored 2 points in the second half (free kicks) cruppen got kept plugging away and thoroughly deserved the victory on the second half performance! damien hamill in midfield was immense!

who is your number 13? tricky, fast and can take a score!
what did the ref do on you in the championship heard alot of the bridge ones crying at him after the match and a certain player told him that he would smash his f**king face in!

pintsofguinness

number 13 would be young eugene byrne. only 18 or so and a fine player already. i heard him and his brother brendan were our best. we play high tempo game all the time. heard ref was shite for us and if it's same one we had against st peters he let them away with any amount of dirt and give straight red to one of our players for nothing more than a late shoulder.

winsamsoon

On the issue of Brian Mallon lads, he is no doubt a quality player but he wouldn't fit into the game plan that Tir Na nog plated against the clans. What they did was simply isolated Mc Allister and sucked the rest of the players out about 40 yards.The ball was then pumped into the space for Mc Allister. This tactic proved to be successful but Brian would play more runnng game with the ball and it may just upset the current game plan. But he is a decent player no doubt.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

inthemaking

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 12, 2007, 11:46:30 PM
number 13 would be young eugene byrne. only 18 or so and a fine player already. i heard him and his brother brendan were our best. we play high tempo game all the time. heard ref was shite for us and if it's same one we had against st peters he let them away with any amount of dirt and give straight red to one of our players for nothing more than a late shoulder.

the tackle on stephan murphy tonight in the first ten minutes which nearly knocked him out was alot worse than mc canns tackle in the championship. again where is the consistancy??

pintsofguinness

what exactly happened stephen? heard he got an awful blow. sure what do you expect of someone who watches someone get a thump in the face, do nothing and send him off 10 seconds later for a late shoulder.

inthemaking

he was runnin out with the ball and went to turn and avoid the oncoming man who proceeded to shoulder him in the face. stephan just straightened up and collapsed to the ground like he was unconscious. luckily he was able to walk off the field and it was good to see him on the line encouraging the boys once he regained himself. stephan was also captaining the team tonight so it was even more of a pity to see him come off so early

twotwocharlie

inthemaking, was young conlon playing for Silverbridge last night.

diesel-smuggler

wasn't at your championship match so cannot comment on the tackle that mccann made that warranted his red card.

the incident which murphy got injured was nothing more than a mis-timed challenge and a yellow card offense at the most so mccann can rightly feel aggrieved if this challenge was worse than his.

the number 14 could be in trouble for his comments to the ref! in fairness the ref was equally as bad for us last night as he was for the bridge.

wasn;t impressed with your umpire who refused one of our lads a drink of water! that's bad sport!