Glasgowbury 2009 - July 25th 2009 - Eagles Rock (Draperstown)

Started by screenmachine, June 02, 2009, 03:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenmachine

http://www.glasgowbury.com

Anyone heading up to Glasgowbury this year?  Just under two months to go now!  It's always a weekend guaranteed to include great music, great craic and lots of alcohol!  Personally, I can't wait and if the weather is anything like this weekend past it'll be an absolute ding dong festival!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Santino

was great day out last year!
Gettin bit old for 3-4 nights lyin in a tent so 1 good days boozin and home for a scrub does me well!

peterquaife

with bells on...had a ball the last 2 years. great setting / atmosphere / music...the works.

any word on the line-up?

or who the headliners will be? Cant think beyond the undertones, therapy? or SLF.

peterquaife

just checked the website..lineup announced, doesnt veer off too much from last years. they need a big act, theres only so many times you can watch FWW

and change the date to the 25th JULY, nearly had a canary, June's spends are almost finished!

screenmachine

Sorry PQ! :D

I'd say there'll be a few more added to the line up before it starts.  Hopefully a big act to headline it!  Lookin forward to Here Comes the Landed Gentry, FWW and General Fiasco!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Quagmire

I was busy trying to get the time off work last week, is it definately the 25th? My mate's band, Dirty Stevie are playing it and he reckoned it was the 26th????

Maguire01

Going to miss it again - for the second year in a row. It's a great festival with a great atmosphere. But it needs a better line-up than that. As good as some of those bands are (in particular ASIWYFA, In Case of Fire and Kowalski stand out so far) you can see most of them week-in, week-out in Belfast and plenty of them have played Glasgowbury before.

screenmachine

Aye I'd agree with you there Maguire, they definitely need a big headline attraction to pull in the punters! 

Quagmire, it definitely is the 25th, the 26th is a sunday!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Quagmire on June 02, 2009, 06:31:02 PM
I was busy trying to get the time off work last week, is it definately the 25th? My mate's band, Dirty Stevie are playing it and he reckoned it was the 26th????

Thought Smitty had retired them a few years ago. Back at it then I take it?

Quagmire

Cheers Screen, I checked it out after that, looks like it was me not paying attention as usual!

Yeah Tony, the ginger one is back at it again, they're recording at the minute, currently half way through a new album by all accounts. He's bustin to get to this gig, he reckons they're gonna put some of these young lads in their places!!!  :o

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Quagmire on June 02, 2009, 11:52:17 PM
Cheers Screen, I checked it out after that, looks like it was me not paying attention as usual!

Yeah Tony, the ginger one is back at it again, they're recording at the minute, currently half way through a new album by all accounts. He's bustin to get to this gig, he reckons they're gonna put some of these young lads in their places!!!  :o
He makes Liam Gallagher seem shy and retiring! Typical McCooey ;)

Quagmire

16 stone of ginger wrapped up in a cliftonville top, Liam Gallagher wouldn't know what way to look!! The same boy reckons they were better than Snow Patrol back in the day, typical Mc Cooey is right!! :D

screenmachine

rolloutking

Can you just buy tickets at it? None of the ticket outlets are near me

Any stage times?

screenmachine

http://www.glasgowbury.com/

You should find the stage times on the site there.  It basically runs from 12 to 12.  I would imagine you could buy tickets in either the Cellar Bar or the Credit Union in Draperstown on Saturday morning or even up near the campsite but I'll try and find out for definite if you can and let you know.