Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: terrifictommy on September 28, 2022, 04:06:46 PM
All 6 semi finals being shown on Down TV

That's ample time for Mikhailov and 5times to subscribe to PaircTv or to offer their services to tweet all scores from all 6 games this weekend.

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: 6th sam on September 28, 2022, 08:20:14 AM
Quote from: DuffGael on September 28, 2022, 08:06:49 AM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on September 27, 2022, 08:56:54 PM

Maybe if they had bought an elder stateman on a bit sooner they be in the semis.

He didn't do too much in extra time when we got to grips with him and hadn't the ball

s to take a penalty. Some leader that...

The man owes nothing to Down or Burren, he's a legend.
[/quote]

Absolutely, enormous contribution to GAA , in his club, county and beyond.
[/quote]

Id love someone to explain this to me, seriously.
How is he a legend.
And what is the enormous contribution to GAA, Club, County and beyond he has made?

Truth hurts

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 28, 2022, 04:51:08 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on September 28, 2022, 08:20:14 AM
Quote from: DuffGael on September 28, 2022, 08:06:49 AM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on September 27, 2022, 08:56:54 PM

Maybe if they had bought an elder stateman on a bit sooner they be in the semis.

He didn't do too much in extra time when we got to grips with him and hadn't the ball

s to take a penalty. Some leader that...

The man owes nothing to Down or Burren, he's a legend.

Absolutely, enormous contribution to GAA , in his club, county and beyond.
[/quote][/b]

Id love someone to explain this to me, seriously.
How is he a legend.
And what is the enormous contribution to GAA, Club, County and beyond he has made?
[/quote]

I think this discussion on a man who has given 18 years of service to Down should end now.  Captaining a Hogan side winning side, getting an all-star in 2010, captaining your county, county champion with your club, playing for Ireland......  If anyone here has done anything better in their career you can comment on Kevins contribution to the GAA.
Any more snide comments GAAmods should come in,

HAVE SOME RESPECT

PTC

Truth it's not like you to talk a bit of sense your normally on hear spreading rumours and talking crap

Brick Tamlin

I merely asked a question.
And you answered as you saw fit. Didnt really answer the question ,mind you but how and ever.
I didnt realise that in order to share opinions and views on here you had to have a medal-laden football career.

And he never got an Allstar in 2010, but he did win a sigerson cup with St Marys.....just to put the record straight.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 28, 2022, 04:13:07 PM
Quote from: terrifictommy on September 28, 2022, 04:06:46 PM
All 6 semi finals being shown on Down TV

That's ample time for Mikhailov and 5times to subscribe to PaircTv or to offer their services to tweet all scores from all 6 games this weekend.

Plenty of time surely but all I want is regular updates. I am in Tyrone, attended every championship game over 4 days here and got updates and regular video clips from almost every county in Ireland except Down whilst attending Tyrone games.  Antrim had video clips and updates, Derry for the hurling final, Offaly for their football final, Kerry had updated and video clips, Monaghan had, Donegal had plus many others but Down only do it every 15 minutes.

I am not concerned about my cost of streaming games, it is general GAA goings on that interest me. If there is a Down game on TV on a night that I am not at a game then I buy it (Clonduff v Kilcoo 1st game, Mayobridge v Burren were both on nights and that suited me to buy it online)

But surely it generates public interest in all things DownGAA to promote updates for fans from outside the county - every other county seems to think it is beneficial.....but maybe Down know best.

stiff breeze

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 28, 2022, 05:09:06 PM
I merely asked a question.
And you answered as you saw fit. Didnt really answer the question ,mind you but how and ever.
I didnt realise that in order to share opinions and views on here you had to have a medal-laden football career.

And he never got an Allstar in 2010, but he did win a sigerson cup with St Marys.....just to put the record straight.

I agree with you on this brick , a solid if unspectacular player for both club and county .for anyone saying Legend .... Behave 

Brick Tamlin

Theres a serious fawning over intercounty players these days when they hang the boots up and no longer play.
Talk of 'retirement' would sicken your hole. Then again some fellas just cant quietly disappear off the stage without making it about themselves i guess.
Therell always be guest spot appearances on panels, column inches of bullshit to fill, regalling us of their heroics as players, as well as the odd controversial tweet to remind us how relevant they should be.

ranch

Why aren't the semi finals being played as double headers? It seems pretty bizarre.

thewobbler

Quote from: ranch on September 28, 2022, 10:52:36 PM
Why aren't the semi finals being played as double headers? It seems pretty bizarre.

I'd guess it's because the cost and convenience of double headers suit some people, but the cost doesn't suit others. So county board is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

On a personal note I can count the double headers I've sat the full way through in the past decade on one hand, so I think it's the better decision - but I can fully understand why others would not.

——

There haven't been any double headers since penalties were introduced, have there? Not sure if there's a conscious decision related to that, by the way.

ranch

I notice that Down haven't had many since the Covid year. I always presumed Covid was the reason but that would be strange if it was still the case now. Your point about penalties may be correct.

I get your point about the cost also, but having two games in the one ground and purposely not having a double header is the reason I'm asking, just found that a bit odd.

elk

I would not be mc kearan biggest fan but he did contribute more in the short time he was on than some of the young pups who were on the pitch a lot longer. As for the penalties surely the management would have decided the takers and not leave it to individuals to step forward after all the management team are getting paid to manage all eventualities

TakeTheMark

Quote from: elk on September 29, 2022, 10:45:30 AM
I would not be mc kearan biggest fan but he did contribute more in the short time he was on than some of the young pups who were on the pitch a lot longer. As for the penalties surely the management would have decided the takers and not leave it to individuals to step forward after all the management team are getting paid to manage all eventualities

I'd want a player who was confident of taking a penalty instead of forcing it upon a player who was a bag of nerves. I'd rather have people step up than be forced to take a kick.

elk

Quote from: TakeTheMark on September 29, 2022, 11:25:40 AM
Quote from: elk on September 29, 2022, 10:45:30 AM

I'd want a player who was confident of taking a penalty instead of forcing it upon a player who was a bag of nerves. I'd rather have people step up than be forced to take a kick.
If they are a bag of nerves playing CPN in a 1/4 final then I would have to question why they're on the pitch in the first place.

Truth hurts

Right, that's enough of the Burren talk for the year.

Wh would you like to see part of Laverty's panel that has never got a chance before?