Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Quote from: Lotto on December 31, 2018, 08:25:03 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 30, 2018, 07:42:46 PM
Where woukd frank be going to?
Pleasantly surprised by today's performance in Breffni Park. Some good performances from a lot of players and I made it 11/12 debuts handed out today along with the returning Jerome Johnstone and Pat Havern. Great to see Ryan Johnstone back on the pitch. Shooting was the problem today as like last year. The handpass rule is so bad.

Just wondering smurfy if Down were as defensively set up yesterday as I have heard?
Went 21 mins in 2nd half without scoring. But they need to learn how to defend.

KeyboardWarrior645

McCartan would be a huge boost for yous smurfy, would add to an ever improving team.

elk

Quote from: KeyboardWarrior645 on January 01, 2019, 11:51:18 AM
McCartan would be a huge boost for yous smurfy, would add to an ever improving team.
Reality check needed here I think, the point in the championship struggled pass Glenn Loughlinisland and were beaten by a average Kilcoo team. They have a lot of improving to do yet

Ed Hardy

I was impressed with Down on Sunday for 1st game of the season, and considering how many players were making their debuts. They did set up to sit very deep, trying to force the turn over and break immediately to the wings, with brady or Johnson. Still loads to work on tho, just need to find the right balance in attack. Wells, Havern were impressive as was O'Grady when he came on. 

Smurfy123

Only getting back to you now had a few days away
Yes they looked as if they got a few men behind the ball alright. Mason Havern Johnstone McKibbon looked like the furthest men up the field. Does anyone know when the big hitters are back? Mooney Harrison McKernan O Hare Barry Darren O Hagen Donnelly Turley Maginn Dornan Reid ?
All those are likely starters

Ed Hardy

Any word on the team for Sunday?

Smurfy123

Team in today's Irish Sun

Power
Murnin
Wells
McAleenan
Collins
McArdle
Johnstone
McAlement
McCarthy
Francis
Poland
Mason
Harney
Havern
Johnstone

5/6 changes from last week very experimental tram. Any updates on the big hitters coming back in?

downjim

Big hitters, will you wise up. By the talk of you ya would think we have Dermo and the Gooch coming to us

umpire

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 05, 2019, 10:10:37 AM

Power
Murnin
Wells
McAleenan
Collins
McArdle
Johnstone
McAlement
McCarthy
Francis
Poland
Mason
Harney
Havern
Johnstone

5/6 changes from last week very experimental tram. Any updates on the big hitters coming back in?

Power in goal?
J. Parr ? ?

SHEEDY

Quote from: umpire on January 05, 2019, 12:53:28 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 05, 2019, 10:10:37 AM

Power
Murnin
Wells
McAleenan
Collins
McArdle
Johnstone
McAlement
McCarthy
Francis
Poland
Mason
Harney
Havern
Johnstone

Power in goal?
J. Parr ? ?
yeah jonny parr is in goal this week
nil satis nisi optimum

Ambrose

You can't live off history and tradition forever

Cuan12

Have to agree with Downjim, the days of us having big hitters is long gone, but Smurf thinks the point are a top team in Down, 😂

Smurfy123

And are CPN not a top team in Down? Get your facts right Cuan12 ya mouth. Semi final of the championship and second in division 1. If that's not a top team what is? I didn't say the top team I said a top team. I'll await your response

Lotto

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 05, 2019, 03:50:45 PM
And are CPN not a top team in Down? Get your facts right Cuan12 ya mouth. Semi final of the championship and second in division 1. If that's not a top team what is? I didn't say the top team I said a top team. I'll await your response

A sentence with the words Summer and Swallow comes to mind.

Sandstorm

Careful there Smurfy, someone might point out that the Point finished third in the league.