Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Looks like teachers could be back to work in September:

QuoteBBC News NI understands there are a number of elements to the in-principle settlement including pay, reforms to the school inspection process and reviews into areas like teachers' workload.
The statement said that exact details of the proposed agreement could not yet be revealed.

"Upon receipt of a formal offer, the individual teachers' unions represented on the Northern Ireland Teaching Council will make their own arrangements for consultation with their members," it said.

"The formal offer, if accepted, will bring an end to the current industrial action in relation to teachers' pay and workload.

"In the eventuality of a formal offer being agreed, there will be a carefully managed and supported transition towards revised working practices in schools."

Also looks like there is recognition that the poor dears will find it difficult to get back to the pre-industrial action work levels and will require to be transitioned back to work!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-48614830

Meanwhile the big slide down to June 28th is well under way in NI, school trips in full flow, multiple sports days being hampered by the damp conditions and the DVDs are being dusted down to fill the gaps.  While those in secondary schools have long since lost their exam classes and beginning to get bored waiting for the last day.

In the south, everyone has closed the doors and gone home to wait for September.

JimStynes

What if the members don't vote 'yes' to the new deal!

Jim Bob

Quote from: JimStynes on June 13, 2019, 11:28:21 AM
What if the members don't vote 'yes' to the new deal!

Could well happen. Currently there are little to no inspections going on   Most schools are boycotting and inspectors move on to the next school to be boycotted as well in all probability. Meanwhile directed time has evaporated. Teachers can head home soon after classes end and complete their directed time at a place of their choosing. Teachers appear to enjoying the benefits of the industrial action. I would imagine it would take a sizeable pay rise  to entice them from the current situation back to formal directed time  and the shadow of the inspector!!!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 13, 2019, 08:08:09 AM

QuoteBBC News NI understands there are a number of elements to the in-principle settlement including pay, reforms to the school inspection process and reviews into areas like teachers' workload.
The statement said that exact details of the proposed agreement could not yet be revealed.

"Upon receipt of a formal offer, the individual teachers' unions represented on the Northern Ireland Teaching Council will make their own arrangements for consultation with their members," it said.

"The formal offer, if accepted, will bring an end to the current industrial action in relation to teachers' pay and workload.

"In the eventuality of a formal offer being agreed, there will be a carefully managed and supported transition towards revised working practices in schools."

Also looks like there is recognition that the poor dears will find it difficult to get back to the pre-industrial action work levels and will require to be transitioned back to work!

Meanwhile the big slide down to June 28th is well under way in NI, school trips in full flow, multiple sports days being hampered by the damp conditions and the DVDs are being dusted down to fill the gaps.  While those in secondary schools have long since lost their exam classes and beginning to get bored waiting for the last day.

In the south, everyone has closed the doors and gone home to wait for September.

Your tone suggests you don't have much time for teachers!! Am I correct in this ?

Also, did you state in a previous post that you were an ex principal or am  I mixing you up with another poster?

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermGael

Principals being asked to calculate the time budgets of individual teachers by the unions. This is going to be fun......
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: FermGael on June 13, 2019, 10:19:10 PM
Principals being asked to calculate the time budgets of individual teachers by the unions. This is going to be fun......

It is a sure recipe for disaster. By regulation through TNC 2011/8, it is something that should have been operated for a long time as the principal must be able to account for the 1265 hours for all teachers.  When it comes down to accounting for this  time teachers will want to include planning and marking but according to the agreement on contracted time, this is time additional to the 1265 hours. 

https://www.education-ni.gov.uk/publications/workload-agreement

Unless the unions have managed to have planning, preparation and marking included in the 1265 in contrast to the Jordanstown Agreement, using time budgets will be a recipe for conflict. So, the new agreement needs to replace TNC 2011/8.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Jim Bob on June 13, 2019, 09:25:48 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 13, 2019, 08:08:09 AM

Your tone suggests you don't have much time for teachers!! Am I correct in this ?

Also, did you state in a previous post that you were an ex principal or am  I mixing you up with another poster?

::)

Jim Bob

Is that a Yes or a No, Owen?

Over the Bar

Everyone I went to school with who couldn't get into any of their Uni choices  or simply failed A-levels went on to teach. Enough said! Most did ok out of it. ;D

Jim Bob

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 16, 2019, 02:31:05 AM
Everyone I went to school with who couldn't get into any of their Uni choices  or simply failed A-levels went on to teach. Enough said! Most did ok out of it. ;D

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't have written that post.

Angelo

Teachers get very testy when scrutinised.

They have a brass neck to play the poor mouth.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

How did they get onto a teaching course with failed A Levels

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 17, 2019, 11:05:26 AM

How did they get onto a teaching course with failed A Levels

Don't ask him difficult questions he can't answer, he'll think you are a teacher and he's back in the classroom!