TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: bennydorano on December 29, 2020, 02:47:24 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 29, 2020, 02:17:56 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on December 11, 2020, 11:18:18 AM
Raised by Wolves on Sky is pretty good Sci Fi drama.

That last episode though  >:(

The Expanse - the best Sci-Fi out there. The Wire of it's genre.
New series released on Amazon there before Christmas, not as good as previous (so far). Was reading Amazon are funding 1 more series and that's it.

Jesus I thought the latest episode of the The Expanse(S5E3) was brilliant.  :-[
#newbridgeornowhere

ziggy90

Anyone with an hour to spare watch Joel's Holland's 'Best Bits' from NYE. Some brilliant performances on it.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ONeill

Quote from: screenexile on December 28, 2020, 10:48:12 PM
Jesus lads I fell down a Taskmaster rabbit hole over Christmas... it's very very funny some real belly laughs in it I'm on series 5 now with another 60 episodes to go... I've got a week will see how I get on but would highly recommend for some light entertainment!!

Aye, a big fan of the middle and early series. My favorite was the Bob Mortimer series. It has sort of peaked and is now fumbling for new ideas.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on January 03, 2021, 06:54:51 PM
Quote from: screenexile on December 28, 2020, 10:48:12 PM
Jesus lads I fell down a Taskmaster rabbit hole over Christmas... it's very very funny some real belly laughs in it I'm on series 5 now with another 60 episodes to go... I've got a week will see how I get on but would highly recommend for some light entertainment!!

Aye, a big fan of the middle and early series. My favorite was the Bob Mortimer series. It has sort of peaked and is now fumbling for new ideas.

Mortimer series was brilliant the one after not great. This one Season 7 with Rhod Gilbert and Acaster has been very good so far.

ONeill

Yes, it was the one I was trying to remember - it was class.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

I finally brushed the dust off Strumpet City  and watched the whole lot almost in one go. I hadn't watched it since it was first on RTE all those years ago when Ireland was still as depressed as it was in 1913. It has to be the outstanding RTE drama of all time. One faulty memory I had was at the end when young Fitz,  frozen out because of his support for the lockout, left Dublin by boat for England. I had the image of him in civvies  looking forlornly over the bay while James Joyce's  (Only you) Nora, played on the soundtrack.  I would have sworn on the bible that was how it ended.

One bit I had missed or forgotten was when the priest (the pompous gobshite) insisted on giving the last rites to Rashers Tierney, he whispered a plea for forgiveness.

Jeepers Creepers

Fear city: NY v the Mafia is a decent short documentary series on Netflix for any mob/Sapranos fans. The story of how the FBI finally able to bring down h tour mob in NY. Staggering the control these guys had and money they were raking in.

Olly

Bread is fantastic. Set in Liverpool, Lilo Lil is fantastic.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Olly on January 03, 2021, 11:15:12 PM
Bread is fantastic. Set in Liverpool, Lilo Lil is fantastic.
It's no 'The Brothers McGregor'.

Newbridge Exile

I know it's been out quite a while but have only started watching "The Americans " on Prime  , halfway through the first series and am really enjoying it

An Watcher

Watched the first few episodes of the Serpent on BBC, excellent so far

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: An Watcher on January 04, 2021, 02:44:34 PM
Watched the first few episodes of the Serpent on BBC, excellent so far

Yeah took into it myself over the weekend. A fair bit of dramatic licence but still a great show so far.

lurganblue

Avoid Black Narcissus on BBC. Pure tripe. 

Taylor

Watched Prisoners over the holidays on the recommendation of some on here - good show

bennydorano

Been watching Cornwall: This Fishing Life on BBC On Demand. Filmed in 2018, the pre-Brexit chat is illuminating, but mainly it's just been a fantastic easy watch.