Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 21, 2019, 12:46:47 PM
We have been lacking players who can score from 40 yards- any of the new lads Looking like they can Do that ? Squad does seem stronger overall

Bar Kerry I've not seen too many counties that have players that can take scores from 40 yards
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2019, 12:55:11 PM
We have been lacking players who can score from 40 yards- any of the new lads Looking like they can Do that ? Squad does seem stronger overall

Bar Kerry I've not seen too many counties that have players that can take scores from 40 yards
Sure? With packed defenses at county level i think mos of the points scored come from this type of distance

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 22, 2019, 12:09:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2019, 12:55:11 PM

Sure? With packed defenses at county level i think mos of the points scored come from this type of distance

I've done a few county friendly's lately and senior College games, I never heard their managers say shoot from distance, they are working the ball in regardless of the packed defence. You'll get the odd long distance one but nothing extra.

With the forward mark now you'll might see high ball heading into the forwards more often
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

It's a risk thing as much as ability sometimes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 22, 2019, 12:24:44 PM
It's a risk thing as much as ability sometimes.

But it doesn't happen though, shooting from distance is a lost skill, with the amount of training these lads do you'd wonder why they wouldn't have perfected it

imtommygunn

It's percentages etc. Recycle possession until you have a high percentage chance of scoring rather than a thirty to forty yard shot where a wide is a decent chance. There are probably more players can take the scores than do. It's just the direction of the game sadly.

paddyjohn

Happy New Year lads. Doesn't matter if you're a chip eating Waa waa or a sheep loving culchie, we are all saffron at heart 👍👍

bannside

Happy New Year to all Saffron Gaaboarders as we enter a new decade. Let's make it a good one.

Belfast GAA man

Promotion from Div 4
Casement work to begin
Seeing a Gaelfast plan

theres My wishes for the new Year

BigBallWeeBall

Belfast GAA man you are over brimming with aau unhealthy dose of optimism. You are like Don Quixote sadly and only 1 of you wish list is realistic....promotion from Div 4 is achievable. Casement looks no close but may be delivered before anyone sees the Gaelfast plan publishe. Keep dreaming lad

delgany

The development plan for Gaelfast is to be undertaken in 2020 as outlined in the strategic plan

Belfast GAA man

Degany - do you not think it strange the Plan is to be produced a year and half after Gaelfast started? have they just been winging it so far
BigBall - yes I am full of New Year optimism and will keep dreaming Of all 3 - maybe you are nursing a new Year hangover

delgany

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 03, 2020, 03:05:36 PM
Degany - do you not think it strange the Plan is to be produced a year and half after Gaelfast started? have they just been winging it so far
BigBall - yes I am full of New Year optimism and will keep dreaming Of all 3 - maybe you are nursing a new Year hangover

IGaelfast have spent alot of time and effort with meetings / surveys of all stakeholders to establish a baseline audit of where antrim gaa is at.
They have reviewed and restructured the investment and purposes of development squads.
They have reviewed and restructured coaching within primary schools with a focus on links into clubs.
They have put coaching structures in place..to coach the club coaches .
Gaelfast is a long term project. Paul Donnelly is a very progressive leader. He has a long term vision .

In my experience , you have to test your practices to be the best practices that you can deliver,before articulating  it and documenting it.

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 02, 2020, 09:49:49 AM
Promotion from Div 4
Casement work to begin
Seeing a Gaelfast plan

theres My wishes for the new Year

I think we will see two out of these three.

BigBallWeeBall

Paul Donnelly is a great fellow and can't doubt his commitment and passion for all things GAA. However post was filled in July 18 and I have the url for this below. It looks like no plan will be ready for a while - 2 years later.!!!!!!!!!
Brexit may be 'done' before this
and it's a little more of a complex enigma.
https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2018/07/14/news/newly-appointed-gaelfast-chief-dr-paul-donnelly-makes-impassioned-appeal-to-clubs-and-for-casement-park-to-be-built-1382154/