China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Will it ever end on April 03, 2020, 12:14:54 PM
I wouldn't have any issue with calling it out - but surely you've to offer a solution?

You can't shirk the department selection a few weeks beforehand and then go two footed into them in times of crisis without offering answers.

How do you know she hasn't?

bennydorano

In a situation where it's pretty much everyman for himself in sourcing anything, some of the online chat is so far removed from reality it's unreal.  Reading in the Times today the US have been gazumping the French in acquiring shipping containers of medical goods due to leave Chinese ports!

balladmaker

MON is not striking a blow against unionism, but calling out unionism's inability to detach themselves from the incompetencies of London.  Arlene and co. appeared to be quite happy to let people in NI go to the grave rather than implement guidance that would have looked to align the whole island as one entity in our defence to this.  It really is total and absolute nuts!

Will it ever end

Quote from: johnnycool on April 03, 2020, 01:18:27 PM
Quote from: Will it ever end on April 03, 2020, 12:14:54 PM
I wouldn't have any issue with calling it out - but surely you've to offer a solution?

You can't shirk the department selection a few weeks beforehand and then go two footed into them in times of crisis without offering answers.

How do you know she hasn't?

If she's quick enough to call out it's wrong I'd think if she's a solution she'd be delighted to shout what that is... peak oneupmanship!

Rossfan

It was criminal of the Brits and the arrogant horse racing industry to have let that go ahead.
How many cases here as a result of it I wonder?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rossfan on April 03, 2020, 01:55:08 PM
It was criminal of the Brits and the arrogant horse racing industry to have let that go ahead.
It should never have went ahead. But lets take some personal responsibility as well, The amount of Irish I know that went across given the circumstances was absolutely staggering. Levels of stupid that I can't grasp.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2020, 01:17:49 PM
I think the pressure is getting to everyone, especially the health minister, Foster and O'Neill. They are completely overwhelmed and getting information from everyone on what's the best thing to do!

It's a shambles and it's showing, I'd have to say that if Martin and Big Ian we're still in charge we'd have had a different response, but unfortunately we've two ministers that actually despise each other.
Never going to get agreement or a joined up approach.

The joined up approach should have been based, like foot and mouth,  on an All Ireland approach.  Simple as.  We are on an island. 

FFS, even Jamie Bryson agreed with this approach a few weeks ago.

bennydorano

Was reading that roughly 2 million people used the London underground daily for weeks before, during and after Cheltenham.

Rich Ricci

684 Uk deaths. The death toll has doubled from around 1800 to 3600 in 3 days.

*12 in the 6 counties, 48 total.

marty34

Quote from: balladmaker on April 03, 2020, 01:21:16 PM
MON is not striking a blow against unionism, but calling out unionism's inability to detach themselves from the incompetencies of London.  Arlene and co. appeared to be quite happy to let people in NI go to the grave rather than implement guidance that would have looked to align the whole island as one entity in our defence to this.  It really is total and absolute nuts!

Agree - pith the SDLP, Alliance and Greens etc. wouldn't start supporting O'Neill.  She may be inept but she's doing the right thing, as she did a few weeks ago re: closing the schools.  She was coreect then and is correct now.

Other political parties should back her instead of trying to score pokitical points.

By the way, anybody on here disagree with what she said?

marty34

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 03, 2020, 02:00:54 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 03, 2020, 01:55:08 PM
It should never have went ahead. But lets take some personal responsibility as well, The amount of Irish I know that went across given the circumstances was absolutely staggering. Levels of stupid that I can't grasp.

Agree - can't blame them.  Folks must take personal responsibility.

Poor decision.

Armamike

As John O'Dowd would say, shower of bastards.  In the midst of a pandemic our politicians as usual can't agree what day of the week it is, and are maybe even surpassing their usual levels of ineptitude.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Will it ever end

If there's any truth in the latest BBC reports that no PPE was promised to the north as part of a "joint" purchase by Conor Murphy - it would undermine MON statements & just reinforce the shit show that's going on at local & national government level!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trailer on April 03, 2020, 01:07:48 PM
Years of DUP and SF under-funding the NHS and then not governing for 3 years has left us in a terrible place. They then shunned the health portfolio. Real leadership. Real integrity.
But SF base will love this confrontational MO'N. But people will die I hear you say? This party is comfortable with unnecessary deaths if they can strike a blow against Unionism.

Agreed