China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

The new variant nonsense is a complete cod.

The fatality rate is 13 in 10,0000 compared to 10 in 10,000.

The reason the virus fast and wide at Christmas spread is due to seasonality much like why flu spikes every winter.

We came out of lockdown around May/June last year and things didn't start to spike again until October.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 27, 2021, 08:14:34 PM
And why is it a problem now with people returning?
Wasn't a problem 2 months ago when the knew the uk variant existed but kept it under wraps

'cos they are a shower of dumb c**ts.

It did matter 2 months ago and it mattered even more 9 months ago. Yet they did fukk all squared.
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 27, 2021, 08:39:46 PM

The reason the virus fast and wide at Christmas spread is due to seasonality much like why flu spikes every winter.

We came out of lockdown around May/June last year and things didn't start to spike again until October.

So is it flu or Covid?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

Large gatherings inside and breaking the rules like that are just not acceptable
I urge for some restrictions to be lifted but certainly not indoor gatherings like that
95% of people will go with the rules but the 5% that don't is they 5% that we hear off. They are certainly in the minority
When I say some restrictions should be lifted I mean
Outdoor retail
Outdoor sports
Outdoor cafes

I phased reopening on March 5th

Then look at things every 3 weeks

Say the start of April then
Indoor cafes under correct social distancing measures
Gyms
Indoor retail

They say May
Restaurants

Then June
Pubs and travel

That's the sort of phased return I talk about

To just come on here and say keep lockdown is lazy

Numbers are dropping dramatically
Hospital numbers in the south have dropped 336 in 72 hours
You can't ignore that

seafoid

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 28, 2021, 07:33:14 AM
Large gatherings inside and breaking the rules like that are just not acceptable
I urge for some restrictions to be lifted but certainly not indoor gatherings like that
95% of people will go with the rules but the 5% that don't is they 5% that we hear off. They are certainly in the minority
When I say some restrictions should be lifted I mean
Outdoor retail
Outdoor sports
Outdoor cafes

I phased reopening on March 5th

Then look at things every 3 weeks

Say the start of April then
Indoor cafes under correct social distancing measures
Gyms
Indoor retail

They say May
Restaurants

Then June
Pubs and travel

That's the sort of phased return I talk about

To just come on here and say keep lockdown is lazy

Numbers are dropping dramatically
Hospital numbers in the south have dropped 336 in 72 hours
You can't ignore that
Summer would also have to be planned so it doesn't seed infections in Autumn.
Covid is a hoor,
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Everyone get vaccinated and we should open up fully.

I see New Zealand will continue to close its borders, the country is thriving internally.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2021, 10:46:09 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 27, 2021, 08:39:46 PM

So is it flu or Covid?

Definitely seems to have the same seasonality impacts as flu. We began to start to ease back restrictions at around the end of May last year if I recall correctly and cases did not start to rise again until October. Clearly Oct-Mar is the danger time for the virus.

Look we will know by summer time where we stand, by that point everyone will have monitored what has happened in Israel and how effective the vaccine has been or has not been.

This thing of rolling lockdowns is for the birds though, when the first lockdown was down - governments should have got their house in order, they failed and used lockdowns as a measure to shift the blame to the people for not complying. The damage these subsequent lockdowns have done are huge and the results of them will only come to light later on in the year.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

There was a UK expert on the radio this morning to discuss the vaccination process in the UK. He was asked about re-opening the country in March given the numbers they expect to have vaccinated by then. He said some restrictions would be eased but they had to be careful. While the majority of the older age groups are expected to get the vaccine the take up among younger people is expected to be much lower and while it's less dangerous to them they can still carry and transmit the virus to others. 

JoG2

Booking system now open for the over 65s in the North.

themac_23

Quote from: JoG2 on January 28, 2021, 09:44:36 AM

Got my mother booked in for tomorrow at the Royal, she's delighted, hasn't been out much this past year, hopefully this gives her a wee boost. They sent her a confirmation message straight away which also has her date and time for the 2nd jab which is 9th April so 10 weeks between them, some good news, we are getting there

Jeepers Creepers

My oul fella gets his today..happiest I've seen him in months !

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on January 28, 2021, 09:53:48 AM

Got my mother booked in for tomorrow at the Royal, she's delighted, hasn't been out much this past year, hopefully this gives her a wee boost. They sent her a confirmation message straight away which also has her date and time for the 2nd jab which is 9th April so 10 weeks between them, some good news, we are getting there

I got mine at the Royal and its a very good set up. though try and get there for about 10 minutes before the time slot. They will only take in people at their time allocation. There is a guy at the door who'll shout down the line when the time slot is open, just need the ID and if she was asked for other information have it also.

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2021, 10:05:06 AM

I got mine at the Royal and its a very good set up. though try and get there for about 10 minutes before the time slot. They will only take in people at their time allocation. There is a guy at the door who'll shout down the line when the time slot is open, just need the ID and if she was asked for other information have it also.

Cheers, I said id take her to get it so il make sure she has everything before she gets out. hopefully the uptake for the vaccine is good and we start getting out of this thing, we're nearly there and hopefully people who have been really down and struggling see this as the boost they need that there is light at the end of the tunnel

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: themac_23 on January 28, 2021, 10:12:26 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2021, 10:05:06 AM

Cheers, I said id take her to get it so il make sure she has everything before she gets out. hopefully the uptake for the vaccine is good and we start getting out of this thing, we're nearly there and hopefully people who have been really down and struggling see this as the boost they need that there is light at the end of the tunnel

My mother got hers this week too, it was at Banbridge Rugby club. Drive through, don't even get out of the car. I wasn't there but by all accounts it's working well.