Red card for Gordon and first prize in acting to..

Started by wobbller, July 27, 2008, 11:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Brian Roper

Brian Dooher

Padraig Clancy

Double Cross

downgirl

Yea they showed a few mins of it there on the Sunday game...highlighted the red card incident and they all agreed it was a legitimate shoulder with no intent and he should get his appeal!

Hoof Hearted

that has to be the most ridiculous sending off ever ! it was like your goalie dida last year against celtic
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Pangurban

When Ross Carr rather hastily and prematurely said that he had to go, is there much point in appealing. Surely Ross should have stood by his captain and at least waited to review the video evidence.

downgirl

interested

There were a few hightlights on the Sunday Game.It mostly went through the Gordon/Clancy handbags
which may cost us dearly but hopefully common sense will prevail.Video evidence was good enough
to get Cole a month maybe it'll now be the opposite now and Dan will get off.

moysider

Quote from: downgirl on July 27, 2008, 11:46:34 PM
Yea they showed a few mins of it there on the Sunday game...highlighted the red card incident and they all agreed it was a legitimate shoulder with no intent and he should get his appeal!

It was nt a legitimate shoulder - the ball was nt even in play. What it was though was a disgraceful act by Clancy , feigning a contact to his face that did not happen. Ref was conned but even the best professional refs get conned in other sports. Why are top players behaving like this. Dooher made a meal of his issues as well. Do these players feel the Ref is not giving them enough protection in general and try to even things up when they get a chance? If this shite was happening in club/underage matches you would nt be able to run off competitions.

balladmaker

Two points on the Gordon / Clancy incident:

1: Clancy feigned injury big time, he went down like he had been shot.

2: It is evident from the video of the incident that Gordon did make an attempt to go in with the head, so the intent was there whether he made contact or not.

In the balance, a harsh sending off, but I've seen players get a red card for an awful lot less e.g. Diarmuid Marsden in the 2003 All Ireland Final.

Tyrones own

Quote from: moysider on July 28, 2008, 12:58:02 AM
Quote from: downgirl on July 27, 2008, 11:46:34 PM

It was nt a legitimate shoulder - the ball was nt even in play. What it was though was a disgraceful act by Clancy , feigning a contact to his face that did not happen. Ref was conned but even the best professional refs get conned in other sports. Why are top players behaving like this. Dooher made a meal of his issues as well. Do these players feel the Ref is not giving them enough protection in general and try to even things up when they get a chance? If this shite was happening in club/underage matches you would nt be able to run off competitions.

I didn't see the Gordon incident so won't comment but with regards to Dooher and your question above,
for obvious reasons he's a marked man to slow down or stop any chance a marker would get and from what i see they don't miss too many.
With that said, explain to me why Dooher didn't have every right to go down after being punched regardless of where he's struck,
A strike is a strike is it not ???
It's not like it doesn't happen up and down the length of the country but then that seems to get lost in the mist ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

bigpaul

After our disagreement last night and this morning,I am in in full agreement with your last point Tyrones own.

Tyrones own

Quote from: bigpaul on July 28, 2008, 02:05:49 AM
After our disagreement last night and this morning,I am in in full agreement with your last point Tyrones own.

I'll take that, it's a tough time of the year for us boy's to agree on very much ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

bigpaul