Ulster Club SFC 2016

Started by WT4E, September 27, 2016, 10:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Some achievement by Slaughtneil. You'd have to feel a bit sorry for their ladies football team though

OgraAnDun

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 28, 2016, 01:06:16 PM
Some achievement by Slaughtneil. You'd have to feel a bit sorry for their ladies football team though

I'm pretty sure they don't have one.

screenexile

Is that correct that Leinster are exempt from going to London??!!

LeoMc

Not sure if this has been asked before of if the Central Council have published a contingency but what happens if Slaughtneil win both semi-finals? I would assume they would not be expected to play both finals on St Patrick's day.

ardtole

I heard that one final would be played as normal on march 17, with the other  final on easter sunday. This scenario is only an option at the minute as far as I know,  and hasnt been announced officially. Apparently st patricks day and easter sunday are quite close in 2017.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: screenexile on December 01, 2016, 12:17:03 PM
Is that correct that Leinster are exempt from going to London??!!

I think I recall hearing that back in the day...something to do with them having to play more games generally. I could be wrong though

BennyCake

If Slaughtneil make both finals, they'd have to play them on different days. Therefore there's a space for curtain raisers on both final days. So bring back the Railway Cup finals, and give them an allocated yearly slot in the calendar, and the respect it deserves.

imtommygunn

They don't have a great chance at all in the hurling. Not sure it will be a problem.

thebuzz

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 08, 2016, 09:38:02 PM
They don't have a great chance at all in the hurling. Not sure it will be a problem.

The Cuala hurlers will be hard to beat alright. I'd be delighted if they beat them but it's unlikely.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thebuzz on December 08, 2016, 10:45:20 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 08, 2016, 09:38:02 PM

The Cuala hurlers will be hard to beat alright. I'd be delighted if they beat them but it's unlikely.

Of all the clubs they could meet Cuala are the toughest, but if S'Neil snuff out their forwards, as they have done with a potent loughgiel forward line then who knows, they won't lack fitness strength and resolve that's for sure, and given the journey the club has taken of late the won't lack confidence.....

Saying that Cuala could have won by more against Gaels, whom I thought were awful not just in that game but against OTB who totally lost the plot v Gaels when in a commanding position. Better stick work might be the difference here (thought that v Loughgiel)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I think they have half a chance against Cuala though as while Cuala have a lot of good hurlers their main strength to me seemed to be they were overrunning teams and also looked a bit too physical for them. I don't think they'll have either of those advantages against Slaughtneil but they do have some handy hurlers who will probably be a bit much for them.

inowbest

Good luck to sloughtneil this weekend. Super ambassadors for all that is good in Ulster GAA.