International Rules Squad

Started by WT4E, November 11, 2015, 12:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Good team lets hope we can kick the b**tards around the field!

cavanmaniac

Let's start by kicking the ball properly and not making a holy hames of executing our "natural skills". It'd mortify you when the Aussies bother themselves only a wee bit and outperform us at things they practised in their back yards for a week.

DuffleKing

Are they still flogging away at this horse?

I'd need a holiday in Australia for a couple of weeks to convince me to go and watch

From the Bunker

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 11, 2015, 05:37:05 PM
Are they still flogging away at this horse?

I'd need a holiday in Australia for a couple of weeks to convince me to go and watch

Ah it's another reason for the suits to open Croke park off season. There is no harm in it, but its nothing other than thrown together and makey up. Talk of playing for Ireland and an International game are hard to give credit to. Just wondering why does the Jersey crest not have the Shamrock like other Irish International Jerseys?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: WT4E on November 11, 2015, 12:28:07 PM
1 Niall Morgan (Tyrone)
2 Colm Begley (Laois)
3 Gary Brennan (Clare)
4 Bernard Brogan (Dublin) CAPT.
5 Eoin Cadogan (Cork)
9 Mattie Donnelly (Tyrone)
10 Eoin Doyle (Kildare)
11 Peter Harte (Tyrone)
13 Darren Hughes (Monaghan)
15 Lee Keegan (Mayo) VICE CAPT.
17 Paul Kerrigan (Cork)
19 Jack McCaffrey (Dublin)
20 CiarĂ¡n McDonald (Tipperary)
22 Philip McMahon (Dublin)
23 Conor McManus (Monaghan)
25 Rory O'Carroll (Dublin)
26 John O'Loughlin (Laois)
28 Aidan O'Shea (Mayo)
29 Michael Quinn (Longford)
31 Donnchadh Walsh (Kerry)
33 Diarmuid Connolly (Dublin)
34 Paul Cribbin (Kildare)
35 Paddy Mc Brearty (Donegal)

Whats the views on the squad lads?

9 of this years All -Stars i think the main question is why the other 6 are not on the panel or stand by players?

Rossfan

Too small, not interested, need a rest, club commitments  ddidn't impress Joe, not asked by Joe back a few months before All Stars named........ etc.
I have my ticket bought a few weeks now and will be attending.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Surprised the tiger boyler isn't on that panel . He did well before .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on November 11, 2015, 08:34:31 PM

Glad he's not! Needs a break/rest. Getting auld and lost a bit of form this year. Glad there are not many Mayo lads involved. Would rather if there was none.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on November 11, 2015, 06:55:19 PM
Too small, not interested, need a rest, club commitments  ddidn't impress Joe, not asked by Joe back a few months before All Stars named........ etc.
What is the attendance for these games usually?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 11, 2015, 10:00:30 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 11, 2015, 06:55:19 PM
What is the attendance for these games usually?

Last time it was played in Ireland it was 17,567 for the Cavan game and 28,525 for the game in Croke Park.
There was a lot of free and kids tickets involved in that number I'd say - might well be the first time the GAA authorities have tried to inflate attendances as opposed to knocking numbers of the gate. 46,092 between the two games and broadcast on TG4 is pretty feeble stuff.

Redhand Santa

Last time in ireland Australia sent a terrible squad and it was over after first test. At it's height they were selling 70000 tickets for the 2nd test. Even two series ago there was over 50000 at second test.

I personally thought the game in australia last year was very enjoyable. I enjoy get to see some of our top footballers play together. A full forward line of McManus ose and brogan is very exciting, with the likes of Connolly and Donnelly in half forward line. It's also good to see players like Brennan who other wise wouldn't get a chance to shine on such a big stage.

screenexile

Correct me if I'm wrong but it may be the first time Derry haven't an Irish representative for the IR... Sad but McKaigue would have been there had he made himself available.

Between football and hurling its been a serious slog as well as basically playing/training constantly for almost 2 years he deserves a break!

Rossie11

Wheres Pearse Hanley? Is he injured
Surely worth a place on that squad

Throw ball

Quote from: Rossie11 on November 12, 2015, 01:41:06 PM
Wheres Pearse Hanley? Is he injured
Surely worth a place on that squad

Think I read he was not released to play.

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 11, 2015, 09:57:58 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on November 11, 2015, 08:34:31 PM

Glad he's not! Needs a break/rest. Getting auld and lost a bit of form this year. Glad there are not many Mayo lads involved. Would rather if there was none.

+1.