FRC proposals...black cards, marks etc

Started by yellowcard, March 19, 2013, 07:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: orangeman on January 26, 2014, 02:50:45 PM
Controversy has arisen surrounding the new black card rule with a Cork college considering an appeal against a result following an alleged mistake by referee Kevin Walsh.

Colaiste Chriost Ri, who lost the Corn Ui Mhuiri quarter-final to Pobalscoil Chorca Dhuibhne of Dingle in extra time, are considering an appeal after the Kerry side's captain, Barra O Suilleabhain, was apparently issued with both a yellow and a black card during the match in Killarney.

Under new rules, O Suilleabhain should have been red-carded, but Pobalscoil Chorca Dhuibhne were allowed to replace the midfielder with substitute Gareth O Brosnachain.

Munster colleges serving officer John Brennan told the Irish Examiner: "The referee's report is expected tonight and if Colaiste Chriost Ri decide to put in an objection, there will be a hearing of the Munster Post Primary CCC committee.

"They have three days to lodge an objection and we will hold off on fixing a date for the semi-final until the three days have passed."

Chriost Ri manager Aidan Moynihan added: "If that man had not been replaced, the outcome after normal time could have been very different.

"I went on to the field to try and address the issue. I was dismissed quite abruptly by the referee. I was asked to leave the field and if I didn't, I would be put off.

"The linesman on our side was Eddie Walsh, who is from Kerry and part of Eamonn Fitzmaurice's Kerry backroom team. The other linesman was also from Kerry, Pat Sheehy.

"It was a bit of an ambush position to be putting us in having those officials. The new rules are laid out as plain as day on the GAA website

A ref's mistake is unfortunate but they will hardly change the result.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Quote from: muppet on January 26, 2014, 04:00:20 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 26, 2014, 02:50:45 PM
Controversy has arisen surrounding the new black card rule with a Cork college considering an appeal against a result following an alleged mistake by referee Kevin Walsh.

Colaiste Chriost Ri, who lost the Corn Ui Mhuiri quarter-final to Pobalscoil Chorca Dhuibhne of Dingle in extra time, are considering an appeal after the Kerry side's captain, Barra O Suilleabhain, was apparently issued with both a yellow and a black card during the match in Killarney.

Under new rules, O Suilleabhain should have been red-carded, but Pobalscoil Chorca Dhuibhne were allowed to replace the midfielder with substitute Gareth O Brosnachain.

Munster colleges serving officer John Brennan told the Irish Examiner: "The referee's report is expected tonight and if Colaiste Chriost Ri decide to put in an objection, there will be a hearing of the Munster Post Primary CCC committee.

"They have three days to lodge an objection and we will hold off on fixing a date for the semi-final until the three days have passed."

Chriost Ri manager Aidan Moynihan added: "If that man had not been replaced, the outcome after normal time could have been very different.

"I went on to the field to try and address the issue. I was dismissed quite abruptly by the referee. I was asked to leave the field and if I didn't, I would be put off.

"The linesman on our side was Eddie Walsh, who is from Kerry and part of Eamonn Fitzmaurice's Kerry backroom team. The other linesman was also from Kerry, Pat Sheehy.

"It was a bit of an ambush position to be putting us in having those officials. The new rules are laid out as plain as day on the GAA website

A ref's mistake is unfortunate but they will hardly change the result.

Aye but it was a cute Kerry hoor set up on the poor Cork lads.

muppet

Quote from: orangeman on January 26, 2014, 04:15:40 PM
Aye but it was a cute Kerry hoor set up on the poor Cork lads.

Even Frank Murphy will do well to find a rule against that.  :D
MWWSI 2017

cornerback

All-Ireland Minor Football Semi-Final (2000) Cork v Derry. Cork midfielder Kieran Murphy received two yellows but Roscommon referee Gerry Kinneavy neglected to send him off. Quick to notice the mistake the Cork bench substituted Murphy and proceeded to win the game. The miss was of course highlighted to the referee in the aftermath, Frank Murphy however arrived into the Cork dressing room and instructed them not to worry about anything and to prepare for the final as best they could, and he would 'sort it out.' The Cork minors went on the win the All-Ireland.

orangeman

Quote from: cornerback on January 27, 2014, 12:27:48 AM
All-Ireland Minor Football Semi-Final (2000) Cork v Derry. Cork midfielder Kieran Murphy received two yellows but Roscommon referee Gerry Kinneavy neglected to send him off. Quick to notice the mistake the Cork bench substituted Murphy and proceeded to win the game. The miss was of course highlighted to the referee in the aftermath, Frank Murphy however arrived into the Cork dressing room and instructed them not to worry about anything and to prepare for the final as best they could, and he would 'sort it out.' The Cork minors went on the win the All-Ireland.

It the first time and probably not the last time that Frank sorted things out for his beloved Cork.

johnneycool

Quote from: orangeman on January 27, 2014, 12:56:24 AM
Quote from: cornerback on January 27, 2014, 12:27:48 AM

It the first time and probably not the last time that Frank sorted things out for his beloved Cork.

Frank has previous long before this minor game of getting players off on technicalities, Donal O'g and Co availed of his services a few times before going out on strike because of him..

Zulu

Ever heard the term let sleeping dogs lie boys?

SuperDooperCooper

Guys,  I have a questions that the rules aficionado might be able to help me with. 

We are back training the club underage team this week and the handpass got an airing. 

The new rules allows a player in possession to score a point with an openhanded hand-pass.  What I have been unable to determine is if the close fist must still be used in hand-passing or if the GAA have one rule for scoring (open Hand allowed) and another rule for general play (close fist only).   I feel it is the latter but I am not sure.

Zulu

You can hand pass with an open hand during open play. There is no obligation to use the closed fist.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Zulu on January 27, 2014, 06:37:30 PM
You can hand pass with an open hand during open play. There is no obligation to use the closed fist.

What he said. I would add there is supposed to be a clear striking motion, with one hand remaining stationary.  None of you Pat Spillane circa 1979 pushing the ball.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 27, 2014, 08:15:38 PM

What he said. I would add there is supposed to be a clear striking motion, with one hand remaining stationary.  None of you Pat Spillane circa 1979 pushing the ball.

Correct
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

I would add there is supposed to be a clear striking motion, with one hand remaining stationary.
In Carrick last Sunday the one handed "pass" was all the vogue.
Michael Duffy was the ref though.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on January 28, 2014, 10:46:11 AM
I would add there is supposed to be a clear striking motion, with one hand remaining stationary.
In Carrick last Sunday the one handed "pass" was all the vogue.
Michael Duffy was the ref though.

You can pop the ball up with one hand and strike it I think, usually happens when a player a being grappled with and other hand is held.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Yes, my understanding is that if your striking hand is being held (which is a foul of course!) or pinned, you can then throw the ball up and strike it with the same hand like a hurling pass.

Jinxy

I'm not sure if you can throw it up as such.
I always thought your hand could move downward from the ball alright but if there was a significant upward 'throw' that was illegal.
If you were any use you'd be playing.