FRC proposals...black cards, marks etc

Started by yellowcard, March 19, 2013, 07:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jinxy on January 28, 2014, 12:13:44 PM
I'm not sure if you can throw it up as such.
I always thought your hand could move downward from the ball alright but if there was a significant upward 'throw' that was illegal.

Yes within reason, refs could blow for the hand being held but a quick release pass with the one hand could give a good advantage. Again a lot down to the referee which is the main problem for the armchair supporters ;)

I wouldn't be blowing up for a one handed pass in such circumstances
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2014, 12:32:19 PM
I always thought your hand could move downward from the ball alright but if there was a significant upward 'throw' that was illegal.

Yes within reason, refs could blow for the hand being held but a quick release pass with the one hand could give a good advantage. Again a lot down to the referee which is the main problem for the armchair supporters ;)

Good man. Very frustrating for a player to have his arm held and then penalised for throwing. This can get the player's own supporters up in arms. In those circumstances the next time that player will go down looking for the free. This will drive the opposition supporters up in arms.

You can easily see how a ref can end up being criticised by both sets of supporters.
(I am thinking Connacht Club Final for example).
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on January 28, 2014, 02:50:39 PM

Good man. Very frustrating for a player to have his arm held and then penalised for throwing. This can get the player's own supporters up in arms. In those circumstances the next time that player will go down looking for the free. This will drive the opposition supporters up in arms.

You can easily see how a ref can end up being criticised by both sets of supporters.

It's about being consistent throughout the game I think, you have to blow it against both teams, if you don't then you are only leaving yourself open for criticism. 'Ah ref' is usually followed by, 'lads I've been calling this all day, fcuk up :P'
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2014, 03:22:08 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 28, 2014, 02:50:39 PM

It's about being consistent throughout the game I think, you have to blow it against both teams, if you don't then you are only leaving yourself open for criticism. 'Ah ref' is usually followed by, 'lads I've been calling this all day, fcuk up :P'

Nail on the head. If the ref is consistent and players keep making the same mistake, then the players have to take the blame. 
MWWSI 2017

Zulu

Are you sure a player cannot throw the ball up and strike it with the same hand even if he could perform a normal hand pass? I don't think there is anything in the rule book to say he can't though I can't imagine a situation where throwing it up with one hand and striking it would be preferable to the normal hand pass action.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Zulu on January 28, 2014, 04:31:15 PM
Are you sure a player cannot throw the ball up and strike it with the same hand even if he could perform a normal hand pass? I don't think there is anything in the rule book to say he can't though I can't imagine a situation where throwing it up with one hand and striking it would be preferable to the normal hand pass action.

Only if other hand is being held would it be preferable I'd imagine, but it's the throwing action which comes into play, can you by that meaning throw it over a players head and then run onto and strike it? Think if limited to the first instance then it would be fine