NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: galwayman on February 01, 2020, 07:45:17 PM
That was a joke of a red card in Castlebar.
High tackle - yellow all day long.

The more I looked at it the worse it got. Sort of a box.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dublin7

Ah jaysus, take off those anti dub glasses. Red card all day long. Mayo looking very limited up front regardless of red card

From the Bunker

Red all day long!

galwayman

Quote from: dublin7 on February 01, 2020, 08:22:50 PM

Ah jaysus, take off those anti dub glasses. Red card all day long. Mayo looking very limited up front regardless of red card
Anti-Dublin? I'm the least anti-Dublin person you could meet.
A huge admirer of that Dublin team.
But that to me is a high tackle which is a yellow card imo.

tyrone08

Quote from: galwayman on February 01, 2020, 08:27:34 PM

Can't believe anyone thinks it's a red. Yellow everyday. 3 commentators and the presenter even said a yellow.

Ball Hopper

Late 1-1 from Kerry sneaks the win in Tralee...final score Kerry 1-15 Galway 2-11.

GalwayBayBoy

Jaysus, Galway f**k it away down in Tralee. 3 points up. Game well into added time and Kerry finish with 1-1 to win by a point.

Sounded like some controversy over a black card at the end there and the officials not letting the player back on the field.

Cunny Funt

Great effort by Galway, Shane Walsh to the fore for them again. Dublin v Mayo not the best of games but the sending off certainly didn't help.

galwayman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 01, 2020, 08:37:48 PM
Jaysus, Galway f**k it away down in Tralee. 3 points up. Game well into added time and Kerry finish with 1-1 to win by a point.

Sounded like some controversy over a black card at the end there and the officials not letting the player back on the field.
Yeah McDaid wasn't let on after his ten minutes were up as Gleeson was preparing to take a kick out.
Kerry kicked the winner from the next play.
Sounds like we were caught out trying to play keep ball at the back for the Kerry goal.
It seems we got a good performance though and this will be a good learning experience for that team.
On another note - that is Cillians third black card in 4 games this year - he really needs to sort that indiscipline out.

Blowitupref

A tough defeat to take on the chin but that performance against a near full strength Kerry is encouraging for Galway.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 01, 2020, 08:52:09 PM

A tough defeat to take on the chin but that performance against a near full strength Kerry is encouraging for Galway.

Just noticed that Buff Egan was covering the game so watched his highlights there. We missed at least 3 great goal chances too.

Main Street

Barry the ref  grabbed centre stage  with bald headed desperation,   "dem crazy baldheads"

An Fhairche Abu

Galway lost that match rather than Kerry winning it, appalling standard of finishing in the first half when at least 2-2 was left behind, crazy self inflicted mistake for the second Kerry goal and while Nolan gave McDaid a correct black card which was crucial to the result, the exact same foul on Flynn in the middle of the half resulted in nothing for the Kerry player. If the foul on Comer in the box happened at the other end it would have definitely been called a peno.
Shane Walsh was by a distance the best player on the pitch for either side and yet he still made a hames of two very scorable chances in the first half, one a mark which should have been nailed.

Very frustrating result given how the match turned out, it's absolutely two points fucked away. Great crowd and perfect conditions for football out there tonight.

macdanger2

Very boring game in Castlebar, loads of lateral passing from both sides.

Never a red for me, yellow all day after seeing the replays

dublin7

Quote from: galwayman on February 01, 2020, 08:27:34 PM

Cheap shot that deserved a red card. Mayo were rubbish up front and if they use the red card to delude themselves about the result they're fooling no one but themselves