Football games in Germany

Started by Walter Cronc, November 10, 2015, 01:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Hi lads,

Has anyone ever been to a Bundesliga game in Germany?

We often hear the price is very reasonable and the beer and atmosphere is top.

Thinking of Dortmund/Munich/Hamburg/Schalke as possibilities.

Appreciate all feedback.

Cheers!

AZOffaly

I'd be interested in this as well. Was thinking about doing a trip with the brother and a couple of brothers in law.

screenexile

Not sure about the beer I was in the Allianz last year and got to the top of the queue only to see it was alkoholfrei. . . Right enough they were playing City so it could be different for domestic matches.

Other than that we went to a CL game the tickets cost £35 and it was class apart from the no beer.

illdecide

There was a lot of us lads went to Hamburg for a match but we ended up in that many strip bars and hookers we forgot to go the match...but for what it's worth Hamburg was good and the beer too
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Walter Cronc

Quote from: illdecide on November 10, 2015, 02:23:09 PM
There was a lot of us lads went to Hamburg for a match but we ended up in that many strip bars and hookers we forgot to go the match...but for what it's worth Hamburg was good and the beer too

;D ;D ;D

Aye heard Hamburg is a wild spot.

Dortmund would probably be my first pick but from first glance online the tickets were steep.

Screen where did you buy the CL tickets?

stpauls

i spent a year in Munich back in 2001-2002, and got to see the Bayern-United match. at the time, we were able to walk up to the stadium, and buy the tickets from the turnstiles, and at that time i got mine for about 30 Marks, which was about €20, but i can assume things have changed since. also saw Bayern-Dortmund, as well as the Munich derby, when 1860 were in the Bundesliga. they were also still playing in the old Olympic stadium, so not sure what the prices would be now.

screenexile

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 10, 2015, 02:24:57 PM
Quote from: illdecide on November 10, 2015, 02:23:09 PM

;D ;D ;D

Aye heard Hamburg is a wild spot.

Dortmund would probably be my first pick but from first glance online the tickets were steep.

Screen where did you buy the CL tickets?

We were over to Munich with work and took a punt we might get a ticket for the game. Bayern website was sold out but Man City's had plenty of tickets so we got in the away end. In fairness I think you've a very slim chance to get in the home end unless you know a season ticket holder.

Esmarelda

Went to a couple of the lesser clubs' games years ago but I can't remember a thing about prices.

On both occasions the grounds were quite empty apart from the "ultras" who went behind one of the goals and generated a great atmosphere.

general_lee

Would love to take in a St Pauli game, they're top of the Bundesliga II atm and have a great support, also based in the red light district in Hamburg so would kill a few birds with one stone with them  ;D

Walter Cronc

Quote from: general_lee on November 10, 2015, 03:07:01 PM
Would love to take in a St Pauli game, they're top of the Bundesliga II atm and have a great support, also based in the red light district in Hamburg so would kill a few birds with one stone with them  ;D

General Lee you hipster!!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/06/the-joy-of-six-hipsters-favourite-football-clubs

illdecide

Our hotel was next to their ground, quite a small ground too (not sure of their official capacity). They hadn't a game on when we were there as we'd have rather went to that than watch that Hamburg dort
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

screenexile

St Pauli are aligned with Celtic aren't they?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on November 10, 2015, 04:07:52 PM

St Pauli are aligned with Celtic aren't they?

Yeah close ties between the two clubs.

general_lee

Yes and funny enough Hamburg are one of the most right wing teams in Europe and are very cosy with none other than Rangers! Though I had always thought borussia Dortmund were the hipsters team of choice.