Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Archie53 on November 19, 2016, 10:14:22 AM
Who will have the most influence McKenna or Johnny Lafferty no doubt this will have massive bearing on the result. Eglish should shade it just on fitness.

Conor McKenna has retuned to Australia, therefore he won't be available to play this weekend.

Tyrone95

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on November 19, 2016, 10:19:08 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 19, 2016, 08:30:14 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on November 18, 2016, 11:54:51 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 18, 2016, 07:57:16 AM
Unsure of carmens stance RE: management. Time will tell I suppose but going by this year a change at the helm might do no harm!

I think change is certain as Dermott Loughran has already stepped down and i don't think Gavin is the man for the job. Hasn't got a good enough rapport with players to get the best out of them.  Football should be fun and no disrespect to Gavin he takes the fun element out of it. 

I heard a few names mention for next year such as Eamonn Martin and Seamus McCallan but unsure if their is any substance to this or they just names people are suggesting. I think one thing for sure is that we should keep it in house. Personally I would like to see Seamus get a crack at it.

Yeah I agree with the above statement however has eamonn martin had much managerial experience over the years? Maybe he has just not to my knowledge.  I have also heard a few names from Armagh and Derry, just hope none of these turn out to be another Enda Gormley stint.

In Gavin McElroy and Dermott Loughrans defence they put their necks on the line to manage their own club after successful playing careers and after the disaster that was Enda Gormley and turned things round in 2015 but yet again this is soon forgotten and these true gaels get slated by the same tubes that probably wouldn't even buy a lotto ticket. Carmen would have a line of men capable but not many willing to do the job and I'm sure the same applies in many senior clubs in the county.

I think its clear no one is slating them here, just pointing out the obvious which is the feeling that gavin (with all respect) may not/is not capable of getting the best from the current bunch of players. The league standings are totally reflecting of this!

Man Marker

Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 19, 2016, 10:39:52 AM
Unsure of carmens stance RE: management. Time will tell I suppose but going by this year a change at the helm might do no harm!

I think change is certain as Dermott Loughran has already stepped down and i don't think Gavin is the man for the job. Hasn't got a good enough rapport with players to get the best out of them.  Football should be fun and no disrespect to Gavin he takes the fun element out of it. 

I heard a few names mention for next year such as Eamonn Martin and Seamus McCallan but unsure if their is any substance to this or they just names people are suggesting. I think one thing for sure is that we should keep it in house. Personally I would like to see Seamus get a crack at it.

Yeah I agree with the above statement however has eamonn martin had much managerial experience over the years? Maybe he has just not to my knowledge.  I have also heard a few names from Armagh and Derry, just hope none of these turn out to be another Enda Gormley stint.

In Gavin McElroy and Dermott Loughrans defence they put their necks on the line to manage their own club after successful playing careers and after the disaster that was Enda Gormley and turned things round in 2015 but yet again this is soon forgotten and these true gaels get slated by the same tubes that probably wouldn't even buy a lotto ticket. Carmen would have a line of men capable but not many willing to do the job and I'm sure the same applies in many senior clubs in the county.

I think its clear no one is slating them here, just pointing out the obvious which is the feeling that gavin (with all respect) may not/is not capable of getting the best from the current bunch of players. The league standings are totally reflecting of this!

Delusions of grandeur, perhaps they have got the best out of a group who league standing does reflect their current ability.

Tyrone95

Quote from: Man Marker on November 19, 2016, 11:05:18 AM

Delusions of grandeur, perhaps they have got the best out of a group who league standing does reflect their current ability.

Valid, however I'll agree to dis-agree

Norf Tyrone

Who will have the most influence McKenna or Johnny Lafferty no doubt this will have massive bearing on the result. Eglish should shade it just on fitness.

Johnny Lafferty didn't play last week and Urney still beat the Clarkes.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

superstar_

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 19, 2016, 11:54:54 AM

Would say Eglish have more about them all over the field anyway, with McKenna they will have to much for Urney.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: superstar_ on November 19, 2016, 01:20:48 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 19, 2016, 11:54:54 AM

Would say Eglish have more about them all over the field anyway, with McKenna they will have to much for Urney.

I think McKenna is away back to Australia.

leenie

Eglish v urney. Postponed until tomorrow
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

laceer

Heard McKenna was due to go back but something messed up with his visa. Flight back delayed so able to play on Sunday

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: laceer on November 19, 2016, 04:47:18 PM
Heard McKenna was due to go back but something messed up with his visa. Flight back delayed so able to play on Sunday
essendonfc messed his visa, hes home for tomorrow. hes still well above the boys involved in the match..

The Golden Years

I have to disagree, the potential within carrickmore is still there as their performance against clonoe in the championship showed. No disrespect, we should not be losing home games to likes of augher. Players have to hold their hands up and question their attitude and commitment but the blame I feel lies in the management

What names have you heard from Armagh and Derry?

Norf Tyrone

oakleafgael

Quote from: The Golden Years on November 20, 2016, 09:28:25 AM

I have to disagree, the potential within carrickmore is still there as their performance against clonoe in the championship showed. No disrespect, we should not be losing home games to likes of augher. Players have to hold their hands up and question their attitude and commitment but the blame I feel lies in the management

What names have you heard from Armagh and Derry?

John Brennan

An Watcher

Great result for Urney.  There'll be a big 2 points at stake next year against sigersons

Aaron Boone