Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Dominic Corrigan is staying put according to reports.Must be deeper pockets than we thought for another stint.

driveherin

Any word on new management posts?? Keep us updated as they come in.... ;)

stpauls

Quote from: driveherin on November 16, 2016, 08:42:52 AM
Tattyreagh getting rid of Ferguson and McHugh after getting them to a county final for the 1st time in god knows....????

driveherin, heard from a reliable Tatts man that Ferguson and McHugh will be with them next year!!

Tyrone95

Unsure of carmens stance RE: management. Time will tell I suppose but going by this year a change at the helm might do no harm!

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 18, 2016, 07:57:16 AM
Unsure of carmens stance RE: management. Time will tell I suppose but going by this year a change at the helm might do no harm!

I think change is certain as Dermott Loughran has already stepped down and i don't think Gavin is the man for the job. Hasn't got a good enough rapport with players to get the best out of them.  Football should be fun and no disrespect to Gavin he takes the fun element out of it. 

I heard a few names mention for next year such as Eamonn Martin and Seamus McCallan but unsure if their is any substance to this or they just names people are suggesting. I think one thing for sure is that we should keep it in house. Personally I would like to see Seamus get a crack at it.

tothetop03

Quote from: The Golden Years on November 18, 2016, 11:54:51 AM

I think change is certain as Dermott Loughran has already stepped down and i don't think Gavin is the man for the job. Hasn't got a good enough rapport with players to get the best out of them.  Football should be fun and no disrespect to Gavin he takes the fun element out of it. 

I heard a few names mention for next year such as Eamonn Martin and Seamus McCallan but unsure if their is any substance to this or they just names people are suggesting. I think one thing for sure is that we should keep it in house. Personally I would like to see Seamus get a crack at it.

Would love to see My own club staying in house but i cant see any candidates i am afraid..

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: tothetop03 on November 18, 2016, 12:06:24 PM

Would love to see My own club staying in house but i cant see any candidates i am afraid..

What about Sean Mc Cabe getting a crack at it on his own capacity or what about Niall ONeill Brian Taggart Barry Taggart to name a few men who have worked with other teams I'm sure there are more. I heard Cassidy def staying and he is bringing in dermy scullion again any truth in that story.

driveherin

Dermy Scullion - Loughmacrory manager?

tothetop03

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on November 18, 2016, 02:47:23 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on November 18, 2016, 12:06:24 PM

What about Sean Mc Cabe getting a crack at it on his own capacity or what about Niall ONeill Brian Taggart Barry Taggart to name a few men who have worked with other teams I'm sure there are more. I heard Cassidy def staying and he is bringing in dermy scullion again any truth in that story.

Yeah Sean Managing and any of them men would do me...But dont think that will happen any time soon..

Jim Bob

Quote from: driveherin on November 18, 2016, 02:48:30 PM

Think he is a schoolmaster in that area!

tothetop03

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 18, 2016, 04:37:47 PM
Quote from: driveherin on November 18, 2016, 02:48:30 PM

Think he is a schoolmaster in that area!

Yeah he is in our primary School...i stand corrected i think he took a few sessions on the run up to the county final 2008 for us...

Tyrone95

Yeah I agree with the above statement however has eamonn martin had much managerial experience over the years? Maybe he has just not to my knowledge.  I have also heard a few names from Armagh and Derry, just hope none of these turn out to be another Enda Gormley stint.

An Watcher

Hopefully urney will gain promotion this weekend.  They've been knocking on the door the past few years losing a number of championship finals.  No doubt it'll be tough with McKenna among the eglish ranks

Archie53

Who will have the most influence McKenna or Johnny Lafferty no doubt this will have massive bearing on the result. Eglish should shade it just on fitness.

Degrassi Hi

Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 19, 2016, 08:30:14 AM

Yeah I agree with the above statement however has eamonn martin had much managerial experience over the years? Maybe he has just not to my knowledge.  I have also heard a few names from Armagh and Derry, just hope none of these turn out to be another Enda Gormley stint.

In Gavin McElroy and Dermott Loughrans defence they put their necks on the line to manage their own club after successful playing careers and after the disaster that was Enda Gormley and turned things round in 2015 but yet again this is soon forgotten and these true gaels get slated by the same tubes that probably wouldn't even buy a lotto ticket. Carmen would have a line of men capable but not many willing to do the job and I'm sure the same applies in many senior clubs in the county.