Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Quote from: the_daddy on January 07, 2016, 11:18:41 AM
Quote from: Club boi on January 06, 2016, 06:18:27 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on January 06, 2016, 08:39:43 AM
Quote from: Mikhailov on January 05, 2016, 08:17:27 PM
Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on January 05, 2016, 04:21:13 PM
Any word on the GAA Ulster Club League fixtures, or what Tyrone teams are taking part? Generally a good few teams take part from Tyrone each year!

Think this wee tournament should be played in Summer when county men not available - would give all clubs quality 'friendly' games to keep everyone at club level interested during the respective county seasons. Appreciate some counties out earlier than others but surely competitive friendly games are good prep for club championship.

Games played mid week as well to take advantage of light evenings. Teams could travel max 45/60 mins for a quality friendly / challenge games with a competitive outcome and s result that determines something. Official referees as well to keep everyone on their toes !!!

Is that a proposal?
I'll second it.

Great Idea. Summer should be when most games are played but especially in Tyrone clubs can go weeks without any football

Why would it be any different because it's organised by Ulster? Over the years we've had various cup competitions during the summer and clubs didn't want to play them and regularly didn't field because of * fear of injuries/fear of suspensions/holidays/no county men/men cutting silage/etc etc etc

*delete as appropriate.

Few reasons why it is different but first of all you don't have to enter it - not every team enters the competition in its current format.

However, it is different because you play 'strange' teams, new referees, new locations etc etc. I think quite a few teams would be interested to play quality games in summer months. Yes, loads play quality friendly games with clubs in neighbouring counties at senior club level but this would be organised, referees organised, something to play for therefore making it much easier on everyone involved. Ask anyone who has tried to do it and trying to get friendly games in from June - August outside your own county is not easy plus try to find a suitable referee but this could be the way forward - again it is only a suggestion !!

stpauls

Quote from: everymanaman on January 07, 2016, 12:27:56 PM
Are Errigal 3rds fielding this year? One notable absentee from the Div 3 list- Mickey Rea apparently managing Dregish

don't let the user name fool you, but we are fielding a team this year.  :)

skeog

Dregish players are contributing towards new managers travel costs. Is this the first time dregish have a non clubman in charge. Hope it goes well for them as they have always been struggling due to a small playing population.

GlenMan

Quote from: skeog on January 07, 2016, 07:02:05 PM
Dregish players are contributing towards new managers travel costs. Is this the first time dregish have a non clubman in charge. Hope it goes well for them as they have always been struggling due to a small playing population.

I've always thought that Dregish are the least Club-like Club in the County. They obviously have a very small population which means most of their players are soccer players who want to play some gaelic etc and are from Omagh etc. I don't think they field any youth teams?

time ticking away

Quote from: GlenMan on January 07, 2016, 07:55:48 PM
Quote from: skeog on January 07, 2016, 07:02:05 PM

I've always thought that Dregish are the least Club-like Club in the County. They obviously have a very small population which means most of their players are soccer players who want to play some gaelic etc and are from Omagh etc. I don't think they field any youth teams?
Congratulations glen man on possibly the most condescending post ever seen on the board
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Uncle Kev

If the rumours are right in that the Tyrone County Board are pushing for a May start to club championship;I would urge clubs to tell TCB and the CCC(oui oui oui )where to go. It is quite obvious that the only agenda is 💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷.They don't give two f..... -about our clubs so it is time we stood together and told them there will be no championship played until the dictators and wasters are removed from the Hill. Jordan has turned from 👼 to 🤑. Don't let fools ruin our culture!

TF15

May championship is counter productive for developing players. If teams are put out and men go to the states or not very interested in the league they are losing months they would otherwise be developing if building for a September championship. Who cares if it gives clubs a better chance of provincial success, it isn't giving Tyrone footballers the greatest opportunity to train hard and improve over the key months of the year. Let's look past elite success and concentrate on Tyrone based players having the best opportunity to develop. A May championship reduces this. I don't give a toss if a Tyrone club doesn't win at provincial level, but I do care about clubs and players having motivation all year and with it, real desire to improve.

wee scully

Apparently the CCC which is made up of handpicked nodding dogs made this decision during the week
Why was this not put out to the clubs at the next CB meeting and get an overall view and opinon of all clubs in Tyrone not just from 10 Corrupt hoors on the CCC many whom were picked by Jordan at a time when she was at her peak of telling lies

But I do agree with Uncle Kev it all boils down til the ££££

winghalfback

Quote from: Uncle Kev on January 09, 2016, 11:14:09 AM
If the rumours are right in that the Tyrone County Board are pushing for a May start to club championship;I would urge clubs to tell TCB and the CCC(oui oui oui )where to go. It is quite obvious that the only agenda is 💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷.They don't give two f..... -about our clubs so it is time we stood together and told them there will be no championship played until the dictators and wasters are removed from the Hill. Jordan has turned from 👼 to 🤑. Don't let fools ruin our culture!

You're not a fan of roisin kev. What did she do on ye

winghalfback

Quote from: TF15 on January 09, 2016, 11:41:20 AM
May championship is counter productive for developing players. If teams are put out and men go to the states or not very interested in the league they are losing months they would otherwise be developing if building for a September championship. Who cares if it gives clubs a better chance of provincial success, it isn't giving Tyrone footballers the greatest opportunity to train hard and improve over the key months of the year. Let's look past elite success and concentrate on Tyrone based players having the best opportunity to develop. A May championship reduces this. I don't give a toss if a Tyrone club doesn't win at provincial level, but I do care about clubs and players having motivation all year and with it, real desire to improve.

Spoken like a man knows his club has no chance of success

TF15

Is it about my club WingHaifBack? It's about every club and every player, not simply those who will win their first round games. If you're unable to see that you're part of the problem. It's not about the trophies, it's about every club in Tyrone having vigour in it beyond May and every player in Tyrone still motivated by the ultimate prize (the championship) in their training. Why remove that vigour and passion during the best months of the year to play football? My own club weren't affected by the May championship last year but does it make me resent what it does to clubs and players of losing teams? No. Take your own blinkers off and consider every club or player, however successful or not they are.

It's a disgrace if clubs don't get to vote on it. Why can't there be one vote per club. Or would that be too much like democracy. That's why you need an active player or two on the board, people who UNDERSTAND and EXPERIENCE the outcomes of the decisions made.

redzone

Go on and give the numbers of how many headed to America for the summer. I'd say they would have went anyway. It's what young people do. U know, see the world a bit. It doesn't all come down to money, has a bit to do with to many fixtures after Tyrone has finished. Last year was successful, why change it this year. Who is the 10 corrupt hoors were scully is on about. These people try there best to please all clubs and going by other county's leagues I think they are doing ok.

Uncle Kev

Well spoke Scully Beag! The county board does not give wan shite about clubs only when they are begging for money. There is no doubt it is a money grabbing exercise ! Jordan done nahin on me but she is invariably damaging my club and many other clubs by her stupid antics! Tyrone won all Ireland's in 03,05 and 08! There was no need then for the early championship games! If you keep going the way you are going you will make history as the bitch that ruined football in Tyrone! I would say all counties in Tyrone would agree with me so wing halfback ;you must be feeding at Roisins table !

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: redzone on January 09, 2016, 03:24:07 PM
Go on and give the numbers of how many headed to America for the summer. I'd say they would have went anyway. It's what young people do. U know, see the world a bit. It doesn't all come down to money, has a bit to do with to many fixtures after Tyrone has finished. Last year was successful, why change it this year. Who is the 10 corrupt hoors were scully is on about. These people try there best to please all clubs and going by other county's leagues I think they are doing ok.

Please elaborate and tells us poor souls how last season was a success for clubs when 50% of them had no championship to look forward to after the the first weekend of June. We had 6 players that left the next week, a third of our team. I can tell you the July and August period for us on the football was not to pleasant with so many players gone plus injuries. This year the minors who are on the county team will not be playing in any of the FOUR leagues that we are so appreciative of having before we play championship. God help any team who needs there minors for their senior team to make them more competitive, you won't recognise them, more slaves to the county projects being driven by choke park. Red zone your attitude to clubs really does sicken my happiness.

redzone

I'm as big club man as anyone else but I'm also as big a county man. Now for both to be successful there has to be compromise somewhere.despite the u21 causing a minor hiccup the league were run off as scheduled. With Tyrone seniors  getting to the semi final, this would have left little or no room for replays in the champ if the first round hadn't have been played early.

The issue with the minors not being allowed to play is not Tyrone county boards fault. I think they voted to address this at congress

Finally is it not better for Clonoe to get beat by the island at the start of the summer rather than at the end of it. At least it give the lads a chane to head to the states rather than to listen Cassidy fill them full of hot air

You seem to depise anything to do with the county. At your next club meeting you are free to go in and suggest that clonoe stop providing players to Tyrone teams. See were that gets you