Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galer

Not bein cheeky to the carmen but it is the end of a cycle and no big named manager would b lookin at cmore as potential 17 champs so perhaps give a little credit to ur managers and maybe even gormley

The Trap

Galer you could be right. Big defeat today at hands of county champs.........carmen need to rebuild but one thing for sure is they have great talent coming through from minor down.......I would say they will win championships in the 2020s

Archie53

Quote from: An Watcher on November 20, 2016, 07:23:33 PM
Great result for Urney.  There'll be a big 2 points at stake next year against sigersons

It will be great for both teams nothing like derby games to keep the appetite going at training

Galer

No doubt they will b back cant beat that tradition but for the next couple of years i feel survival will b there limit

Onthe40

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 20, 2016, 03:51:56 PM
Urney bate Eglish by four.

Big blow for Eglish, would prize themselves as a senior club....bl ack mark on the Colin Holmes CV.....

driveherin

Right lads....lets start filling this out...

Aghaloo O'Neill's
Aghyaran Saint Davog's - Peter McGinnity
Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa - Paul Rouse
Augher St Macartan's
Beragh Red Knights
Brackaville Owen Roes
Brocagh Emmetts - John Feeney
Carrickmore St Colmcille's
Castlederg St Eugene's
Clann na Gael
Clogher Eire óg
Clonoe O'Rahilly's - Cassidy & Scullion
Coalisland Fianna - McKeever
Cookstown Fr.Rocks
Derrylaughan Kevin Barry's
Derrytresk Fir a'Chnoic
Donaghmore St Patrick's - Gary and Richard Hetherington
Dregish Pearse óg
Dromore St Dympna's - Ciaran Meenagh
Drumquin Wolfe Tone's
Drumragh Sarsfield's
Dungannon Thomas Clarkes
Edendork St Malachy's
Eglish St Patrick's
Errigal Ciaran - Pascal,Tiffy, F Devlin
Eskra Emmett's
Fintona Na Piarsaigh
Galbally Pearse's - Archie Beattie
Glenelly St Joseph's
Gortin St Patrick's
Greencastle St Patrick's
Kildress Wolfe Tone's
Killeeshil St. Mary's
Killyclogher St Mary's - Dom Corrigan
Killyman St Mary's
Loughmacrory St Teresa's
Moortown St Malachy's
Moy Tír na nóg
Newtownstewart St Eugene's
Omagh St Enda's
Owen Roe O'Neill's
Pomeroy Plunketts
Rock St Patrick's - Eunan McGinn and Adrian Nugent
Stewartstown Harps
Strabane Sigerson's
Tattyreagh St Patrick's
Trillick St Macartan's
Urney St Colmcille's

A Lot of blanks.... ;)

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Onthe40 on November 21, 2016, 09:36:37 AM

Big blow for Eglish, would prize themselves as a senior club....black mark on the Colin Holmes CV.....

How many clubs in Division 2 would think of themselves as a senior club?  It doesn't really matter because none of them are.  Eglish have been on the brink for years.  Obviously they will target a quick return to the top division but we seen this year of the teams that came down last year only Donaghmore made it back.  The competitive nature of Division 2 makes it very difficult to bounce back
Living the dream!!!

Mikhailov

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 21, 2016, 11:08:34 AM
Quote from: Onthe40 on November 21, 2016, 09:36:37 AM

Big blow for Eglish, would prize themselves as a senior club....black mark on the Colin Holmes CV.....

How many clubs in Division 2 would think of themselves as a senior club?  It doesn't really matter because none of them are.  Eglish have been on the brink for years.  Obviously they will target a quick return to the top division but we seen this year of the teams that came down last year only Donaghmore made it back.  The competitive nature of Division 2 makes it very difficult to bounce back

I think of the last 6 teams to get relegated from Div 1 to Div 2 only Donaghmore have made it back. I stand corrected but I believe last 6 teams are Donaghmore, Clarkes, Moy, Moortown, Eskra and Fr.Rocks.
It is a very competitive league and championship at that level.

The Trap

There are a lot of blanks on the managerial list......could someone list a few reasons why anyone would do this? It is basically a ten/eleven month thankless job now with no idea when games are which makes it very difficult to plan.
And as we can see from the Carrickmore posters on here you don't get a lot of credit for doing it!!!!!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: The Trap on November 21, 2016, 12:49:57 PM
There are a lot of blanks on the managerial list......could someone list a few reasons why anyone would do this? It is basically a ten/eleven month thankless job now with no idea when games are which makes it very difficult to plan.
And as we can see from the Carrickmore posters on here you don't get a lot of credit for doing it!!!!!

Tax free cash in hand!!
Living the dream!!!

leenie

Quote from: driveherin on November 21, 2016, 10:14:46 AM
Right lads....lets start filling this out...

Aghaloo O'Neill's
Aghyaran Saint Davog's - Peter McGinnity
Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa - Paul Rouse
Augher St Macartan's
Beragh Red Knights
Brackaville Owen Roes
Brocagh Emmetts - John Feeney
Carrickmore St Colmcille's
Castlederg St Eugene's
Clann na Gael
Clogher Eire óg
Clonoe O'Rahilly's - Cassidy & Scullion
Coalisland Fianna - McKeever
Cookstown Fr.Rocks
Derrylaughan Kevin Barry's
Derrytresk Fir a'Chnoic
Donaghmore St Patrick's - Gary and Richard Hetherington
Dregish Pearse óg
Dromore St Dympna's - Ciaran Meenagh
Drumquin Wolfe Tone's
Drumragh Sarsfield's
Dungannon Thomas Clarkes
Edendork St Malachy's
Eglish St Patrick's
Errigal Ciaran - Pascal,Tiffy, F Devlin
Eskra Emmett's
Fintona Na Piarsaigh
Galbally Pearse's - Archie Beattie
Glenelly St Joseph's
Gortin St Patrick's
Greencastle St Patrick's
Kildress Wolfe Tone's
Killeeshil St. Mary's
Killyclogher St Mary's - Dom Corrigan
Killyman St Mary's
Loughmacrory St Teresa's
Moortown St Malachy's
Moy Tír na nóg
Newtownstewart St Eugene's
Omagh St Enda's
Owen Roe O'Neill's
Pomeroy Plunketts
Rock St Patrick's - Eunan McGinn and Adrian Nugent
Stewartstown Harps
Strabane Sigerson's
Tattyreagh St Patrick's
Trillick St Macartan's
Urney St Colmcille's

A Lot of blanks.... ;)

1st it should b lads and lassies 😋

2nd , out of curiosity can you put down if they are paid / not paid managers .. traveling expenses not included in paid..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

leenie

Quote from: The Golden Years on November 20, 2016, 09:28:25 AM
Quote from: Man Marker on November 19, 2016, 11:05:18 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 19, 2016, 10:39:52 AM
Quote from: Degrassi Hi on November 19, 2016, 10:19:08 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 19, 2016, 08:30:14 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on November 18, 2016, 11:54:51 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 18, 2016, 07:57:16 AM
Unsure of carmens stance RE: management. Time will tell I suppose but going by this year a change at the helm might do no harm!

I think change is certain as Dermott Loughran has already stepped down and i don't think Gavin is the man for the job. Hasn't got a good enough rapport with players to get the best out of them.  Football should be fun and no disrespect to Gavin he takes the fun element out of it. 

I heard a few names mention for next year such as Eamonn Martin and Seamus McCallan but unsure if their is any substance to this or they just names people are suggesting. I think one thing for sure is that we should keep it in house. Personally I would like to see Seamus get a crack at it.

Yeah I agree with the above statement however has eamonn martin had much managerial experience over the years? Maybe he has just not to my knowledge.  I have also heard a few names from Armagh and Derry, just hope none of these turn out to be another Enda Gormley stint.

In Gavin McElroy and Dermott Loughrans defence they put their necks on the line to manage their own club after successful playing careers and after the disaster that was Enda Gormley and turned things round in 2015 but yet again this is soon forgotten and these true gaels get slated by the same tubes that probably wouldn't even buy a lotto ticket. Carmen would have a line of men capable but not many willing to do the job and I'm sure the same applies in many senior clubs in the county.

I think its clear no one is slating them here, just pointing out the obvious which is the feeling that gavin (with all respect) may not/is not capable of getting the best from the current bunch of players. The league standings are totally reflecting of this!

Delusions of grandeur, perhaps they have got the best out of a group who league standing does reflect their current ability.

I have to disagree, the potential within carrickmore is still there as their performance against clonoe in the championship showed. No disrespect, we should not be losing home games to likes of augher. Players have to hold their hands up and question their attitude and commitment but the blame I feel lies in the management

What names have you heard from Armagh and Derry?

No disrespect.. I know you's had nothing to play for but only scoring 4 points against Killyclogher ???
Even the likes of augher scored more than that against them

Galer

Not my place but if u start asking abt money/expenses u r leavin this page open to more ridicule and its not as if most people dont know who most of u r only lead to trouble

skeog

Augher are in Div 2 dont think Carmen will be down there anytime soon.

leenie

I am aware of that .. don't think carmen will b winning the league or championship any time soon..