The Big Freeze!!!!

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, January 02, 2008, 07:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

It's like something out of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.
Testing Accessibility

redcard

Puckoon

4 inches here in the reno valley floor since 6pm (its now 8pm). Snow is pelting down. The donner pass is closed and they have set up emergency shelter for travellers at truckee high school. It rained from 10pm last night until the snow started, and the river that my house sits on has risen over 3 feet.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Puckoon on January 05, 2008, 04:06:52 AM
4 inches here in the reno valley floor since 6pm (its now 8pm). Snow is pelting down. The donner pass is closed and they have set up emergency shelter for travellers at truckee high school. It rained from 10pm last night until the snow started, and the river that my house sits on has risen over 3 feet.

No complaints here Puck, Southshore needs all it can get!
Life is good........
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Puckoon

Snowing up a, well, storm here.

Puckoon

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 05, 2008, 05:52:55 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 05, 2008, 04:06:52 AM

No complaints here Puck, Southshore needs all it can get!
Life is good........
My only complaint is that if it warms up at all any time soon, we are fucked again as our bottom wall is about 15ft from the riverbank of the truckee, which right now is thundering outside from all the rain and melt from the foothills. It was relatively warm all day, then the snow hit around 5. We got the bottom room flooded in 2005.
Stopped into hollywood video on the way home, stocking up supplies for a weekend indoors... The cue was wrapped around the store. Ive decided to watch re-runs and it will be a good chance to empty the freezer. :-\

Gabriel_Hurl

Puckoon - that's a mighty fine dog ya have there

Puckoon

Cheers, thats memphis, he was the runt of the litter gabriel. Stuck them in there to reference the snow depth. We were out tearing about in it and now the pair of them are nackered.

Tyrones own

Which one deserved the avatar Puck, is there a reason for it?
  - Walter Lippmann

ludermor

26 degress in Queenstown NZ im glad to report, got feckin scauled yesterday.

Puckoon

The one in the avatar is Elvis, the bigger red one. Im not sure why I put him in, I guess at the time it was the best picture for the purpose after they get all squished up. My camera takes the pictures right and big, and Im not one for footering about with changing the size and what not. He will be there for the duration I think.

When we got the dogs Elvis was and still is a bit more of an eejit, always up to something, and the smaller blonde memphis is very quiet and calm. My wife didnt like dogs when we got them so she bonded with the little one much quicker, so I guess I felt like I needed to take Elvis under my wing and he just kinda got labelled as being my dog.
They are still only puppies though, and have alot of growing left. They were born on St Patricks day, so I had to take them ;)

Tyrones own

Did you take a trip to graceland lately by any chance Puck?
  - Walter Lippmann

Puckoon

Thats a whole other story TO... a whole nother story. I did wear a frank chism elvis jumpsuit on stage once, but we will leave it at that. :D

Anyways, Id rather feed my avatar than yours!

Havnt been to graceland, but its on the bucket list.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Puckoon on January 05, 2008, 06:46:20 AM
Thats a whole other story TO... a whole nother story. I did wear a frank chism elvis jumpsuit on stage once, but we will leave it at that. :D

Anyways, Id rather feed my avatar than yours!

Havnt been to graceland, but its on the bucket list.

Yea but the craic's good, I read the book "Is Elvis alive" before visiting Graceland
and by Jaysus did it make me a skeptic during my visit.. I do recommend it by the way!
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?