Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick Tamlin

It's not bad from just the County but from any club. Your own included. All this bullshit with technicalities and not exactly breaking rules is a nonsense. People should stop looking for ways around things and just do as they're asked and indeed go above and beyond what they're asked. It's pretty straight forward.

As for a previous mentonied issue, if people can't see what's wrong with adult mentors and managers facilitating underage drinking of minors who they have a duty of care and responsibility to then theres definitely something amiss. It's indefensible and that's the bottom line. Beggars belief that it needs pointed out.

marty34

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on January 09, 2021, 12:53:27 PM
It's not bad from just the County but from any club. Your own included. All this bullshit with technicalities and not exactly breaking rules is a nonsense. People should stop looking for ways around things and just do as they're asked and indeed go above and beyond what they're asked. It's pretty straight forward.

As for a previous mentonied issue, if people can't see what's wrong with adult mentors and managers facilitating underage drinking of minors who they have a duty of care and responsibility to then theres definitely something amiss. It's indefensible and that's the bottom line. Beggars belief that it needs pointed out.

Reminds me of these lads who use any loophole trying to get red cards recinded for semi-finals and finals etc.  Always looking for a technicality.

Should do like John Mullane years ago and just be decent and take the punishment for what he did.

whitegoodman

Why are club teams training in December when the club season is months away ?

yewtree

Quote from: Dubh driocht on January 08, 2021, 07:19:13 PM
Catch yourself on lotto- pathetic virtue signalling supplemented with personal abuse without knowing facts
Quote from: marty34 on January 09, 2021, 02:45:04 PM

Reminds me of these lads who use any loophole trying to get red cards recinded for semi-finals and finals etc.  Always looking for a technicality.

Should do like John Mullane years ago and just be decent and take the punishment for what he did.

Quote from: SamFever on January 09, 2021, 02:29:58 PM
  There appears to be an arrogance with all these University educated Administrators/Managers and various posters on the Board here defending them.Old Boys Club.
Quote from: Lotto on January 09, 2021, 12:03:54 AM
Quote from: supersub on January 08, 2021, 11:30:19 PM
Quote from: bridgegael on January 08, 2021, 07:45:27 PM
Thoughts on Rostrevor training in kilbroney over Christmas?

Thoughts on you getting your facts right?

Don't ever come on this board and try to demean another club, absolutely disgraceful. You will find that there were no breach of any guidance or restrictions where our club is concerned. 'Over Christmas' is incorrect. Please take this post down it's the lowest. Revised GAA guidelines came in 27th Dec. Previous ones were in place from 11th Dec.

On the County issue, why are so many so quick to get on a high horse. Are you really that offended by the actions? I find it hard to believe so

I am disgusted that county officers rang a number of clubs to request their grounds for a Down Senior session which was totally against the GAA rules yet when they were found out holding the training session in the Abbey they then tried to pass it off as something else. Yes, I am seriously offended by the reckless flaunting of a GAA directive. Most of us are trying to do the right thing to beat this shit but the Down County Board/Senior Team think they can do what they want, seriously? Catch yourselves on. Stop the lying Devaney.

After months of hardship and personal loss this continues. My partner's aunt lost her life to this deadly virus .We couldn't go to the service and cremation. I had thought the minor mentors and subsequent sacking might have been a deterrent to others but obviously not. This behaviour seems to be facilitated further up the chain of command within our County. If the Abbey facilities had been arranged for this by anyone in a position of authority within the county board then their positions are untenable and can not be brushed under the carpet on the basis of 'nothing to see move on' type attitude .
People on here trying to brush this under the carpet are either part of their old boys club University network or the actual culprits themselves.
In our area we have a very high incidence of cases and for this to happen it is not enough to brush it under the carpet. If anyone on here has children at The Abbey and missing out on education etc I would like to think they will raise this issue further with the Schools Senior Management. No one is above the law and can not try to escape an inquiry into this and also Kilbroneygate.

sdg

I think  Down should accept they were in the wrong and take the punishment given out by croke pk. They broke the rules. Any word of who is in for the minor job?

supersub

You are out of order. There's no bullshit or technicalities where our club is concerned. Guidance followed like it was the whole way through 2020. Read the below which came out on 8th December, there was no need to try and 'get round' anything. It was short lived but so be it. You are now commenting on something when there is a firm stay at home message in place in society which was not in place during the time concerned.

I am pleased to confirm that from Friday 11th December relaxations have been announced which allow GAA Clubs to re-commence some of our activities, including:

- Outdoor training (exercise) in groups of up to a maximum of 15;

- Re-opening of GAA Club gyms for individual training

Now that is pretty straightforward.

Downtothewire

Should make the County Board on Thursday week fun

wobbller

Delegates will say nothing and it'll be the usual brush & carpet trick.

marty34

Quote from: sdg on January 09, 2021, 05:54:37 PM
I think  Down should accept they were in the wrong and take the punishment given out by croke pk. They broke the rules. Any word of who is in for the minor job?

Who stepped down?

Smurfy123

Minor management stepped down
As of last night nominations ended last night and it's pretty much like we were applying for 20s
Paul Cunningham burren
John Fegan Downpatrick
Paddy Hardy Mickey McVeigh Castlewellan
Mickey Walsh/Linden mayobridge
Ross Carr Clonduff
DJ Morgan Carryduff
Eamon Blaney ??????
Mark Copeland clonduff
Joe Tunney Carryduff????
Conor Daly - Paul Shields Clonduff rostrevor

A big selection again
All worthy of getting the job
Good luck to all candidates

Cuan12

It's not that often that I agree with Yewtree but he or she is right, if Jack Delaney has lied about his involvement in organising this training session he has to do the honourable thing - resign. Our county is having enough bad publicity recently and this shit storm we can do without.Rules are rules;are we as a county  above abiding by them? Moreover it doesn't matter if other counties have been training, we as a county which used to be respected have to show the wider sporting community we will abide by the rules and take appropriate steps to clean this mess up.
Like Yewtree and I'm sure many others who post and follow this forum, I lost two close friends to co vid, couldn't go to wake, chapel and stood at a distance in the grave yard so I would appeal to everyone to adhere to the restrictions, vaccines will be rolled out and hopefully we can get back to participating in the sport we all love be it as a player, coach, administrator or spectator.

yewtree

Quote from: Cuan12 on January 10, 2021, 10:11:05 PM
It's not that often that I agree with Yewtree but he or she is right, if Jack Delaney has lied about his involvement in organising this training session he has to do the honourable thing - resign. Our county is having enough bad publicity recently and this shit storm we can do without.Rules are rules;are we as a county  above abiding by them? Moreover it doesn't matter if other counties have been training, we as a county which used to be respected have to show the wider sporting community we will abide by the rules and take appropriate steps to clean this mess up.
Like Yewtree and I'm sure many others who post and follow this forum, I lost two close friends to co vid, couldn't go to wake, chapel and stood at a distance in the grave yard so I would appeal to everyone to adhere to the restrictions, vaccines will be rolled out and hopefully we can get back to participating in the sport we all love be it as a player, coach, administrator or spectator.

Well if the Minor Management can be sacked by Co Board - can the whole County Board not convene and get to the bottom of this also ? Whoever had direct involvement in the booking of Abbey Facilities must be identified ,if any Co Board officials liaised with Senior Management they need to be identified, The Board of Governors and Senior Management of Abbey CBS need to be held to account also. This is not a hard task to do , time for GAA to lead from the front. Resignations are needed here and the truth obtained. It may not be Co Chairman at fault here but he must initiate the inquiry to find out exactly what went on? Who made the calls ? Who was the conduit here ? There needs to be accountability ? Kilbroneygate occurred and now this.
If some of the clubs did the same the same people at top would be rushing to punish -well time to show leadership and integrity now. In an era now where players are university educated and some in responsible professions and players are so quick to be heard why did they attend ? Seems that the players too are irresponsible.

thewobbler

f**k me folks. I'm sure you're all familiar with the various episodes of the Simpsons where a braying mob gathers with pitchforks. The mob doesn't really know what they're braying about, they just want some justice to be administered. That's what this has descended into.

Why wouldn't the Abbey rent a pitch to a recurring customer, when it was legally permitted?

Who's going to replace all these county board officers you want to throw on the sword?

wobbller

Quote from: thewobbler on January 10, 2021, 11:29:53 PM
f**k me folks. I'm sure you're all familiar with the various episodes of the Simpsons where a braying mob gathers with pitchforks. The mob doesn't really know what they're braying about, they just want some justice to be administered. That's what this has descended into.

Why wouldn't the Abbey rent a pitch to a recurring customer, when it was legally permitted?

Who's going to replace all these county board officers you want to throw on the sword?
And in comes the "yes Sir three bags full sir" wobbler
If you're daft enough to watch the Simpsons for more than one episode you should seek help.

thewobbler

Your posts are getting stranger. The university alumni one had me scratching my head. Now attacking the Simpsons.

You could though just reply to me. Why wouldn't the Abbey accept a legal pitch booking? Who is it we should expect to take over the county board?