Tír Eoghain vs Átha Cliath, An Omaigh, Sunday 4th August @ 4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 21, 2019, 09:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

priceyreilly

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 22, 2019, 05:25:46 PM
Yeah they would also tell you they've not played any home ones either.
I can see the stadium being covered in flags this year and not just Palestine ones.

They have a history of talking complete sh1te, I agree.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on July 21, 2019, 02:58:50 PM
Super 8 Game last year. Same situation with both teams already qualified. No B teams or weakened line ups.

1. Niall Morgan (Clonoe) 2. Michael McKernan (Coalisland) 3. Ronan McNamee (Aghyaran) 4. Hugh Pat McGeary (Pomeroy) 5. Tiernan McCann (Killyclogher) 6. Frank Burns (Pomeroy) 7. Peter Harte (Errigal Ciaran) 8. Colm Cavanagh (Moy) 9. Padraig Hampsey (Coalisland) 10. Mattie Donnelly (Trillick) 11. Niall Sludden (Dromore) 12. Conor Meyler (Omagh) 13. Cathal McShane (Eoghan Ruadh) 14. Richard Donnelly (Trillick) 15. Connor McAliskey (Clonoe)

1. Stephen Cluxton (Parnell's) 2. Jack McCaffrey 3. Cian O'Sullivan (Kilmacud Crokes) 4. Philly McMahon (Ballymun Kickhams) 5. Brian Howard (Raheny) 6. James McCarthy (Ballymun Kickhams) 7. Jonny Cooper (Na Fianna) 8. Brian Fenton (Raheny) 9. Eoin Murchan 10. Niall Scully (Templeogue Synge Street) 11. Ciarán Kilkenny (Castleknock) 12. Con O'Callaghan (Cuala) 13. Dean Rock (Ballymun Kickhams) 14. Paul Mannion (Kilmacud Crokes) 15. John Small

Short term memory loss?

under the bar

Quote from: priceyreilly on July 22, 2019, 05:28:57 PM
I can see the stadium being covered in flags this year and not just Palestine ones.

And annoyingly singing soccer chants at matches..

RedHand88

The way some of them got on in Omagh last year was disgraceful.

priceyreilly

Quote from: under the bar on July 22, 2019, 06:01:04 PM

Booing and jeering like a troop of monkeys as well. Probably scagging after a long night on the gear in fairness.

dublin7

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 22, 2019, 06:24:31 PM

Would habe been nice to have been allowed buy a cup of tea in the main stand last year, but werent allowed in by the local stewards.

Stands were a long way from the pitch, but to be fair that was Mickey Harte's decision

J70

Quote from: Jayop on July 22, 2019, 03:30:57 PM
I have literally no idea who Tyrone would have a better chance against in the semi final but I will say that all 4 of these final round games should be played on the same day at the same time so if there was a particularly soft team coming through from one side of the draw you couldn't have a team throw a game to try to ace them.

With Kerry facing Meath you'd expect them to top the group. The only team that can equal them on the top of the table is Donegal and their game was a draw so even with two teams it will come down to points difference and Kerry are already +1 on Donegal but you'd expect them to beat Meath by more than Donegal could beat Mayo if they do win. So finishing second in our group means we will play Kerry in all likelyhood. As for the other team I fancy Donegal to do the business against Mayo even in Castlebar, but Mayo have had a knack of winning these type of games narrowly in the past so despite the miles on teh clock it wouldn't surprise me.

If Tyrone have ambitions of facing Dublin again in a final then we simply can't show our hand here and nor can we afford to take a tanking. Gavin will still put out a pretty much full strength team against us but we have to rest players now. The lads looked leggy as f**k at the weekend and it's no surprise given the schedule they've had the last 2 months. I think we'll go pure running game with one man up top, perhaps Richie over Cathal and just try to get through the game as safely as possible.

I'd much prefer us to play Kerry or Mayo in this round. Not because I think that we'd have more chance of beating them (Kerry moreso) but because I'm sick of the sight of Donegal at this stage and I'm sure them us.

Er... yes! :D

under the bar

Quote from: dublin7 on July 22, 2019, 07:09:51 PM

Would habe been nice to have been allowed buy a cup of tea in the main stand last year, but werent allowed in by the local stewards.

Stands were a long way from the pitch, but to be fair that was Mickey Harte's decision

I don't think it was tea you soccer-like lager louts were after!

giveballaghback

This game is a farce but not as big a farce as the ros v cork game, in the other group we have Mayo who have lost 2 games playing donegal who have lost no game and if mayo win donegal are out.
This whole super8 is a joke and supporters are voting with their feet.

Hound

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 22, 2019, 11:21:19 PM
This game is a farce but not as big a farce as the ros v cork game, in the other group we have Mayo who have lost 2 games playing donegal who have lost no game and if mayo win donegal are out.
Nonsense argument.

Mayo losing to Roscommon is completely irrelevant to the Super 8. Their "punishment" for losing in Connacht is extra games in consecutive weeks. Donegal's "prize" for winning Ulster is direct entry to Super 8 and more time off.

If Mayo beat Donegal they'll have won 2/3 of their Super 8 games and will fully deserve their place in the semi. If Donegal only win 1 out of 3, they will be out and deservedly so. Kerry v Donegal was far superior to any provincial or any other game there's been this year. Mayo v Donegal should be an absolute cracker too. Two of the top 5 teams in the country (now that it looks like Mayo will be closer to full strength) and one of them will be out.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 22, 2019, 11:21:19 PM

Under the old format Mayo would have been knocked out in Connaught and got a second chance. Donegal would have been penalised for winning ulster by not getting a second chance if they lost their quarter final. You could say that was a farce.

The groups in many ways are fairer in that Kerry previously could walk Munster and end up with a very easy quarter final and walk into a semi final without breaking sweat. Now they really have to earn their place there.

There's been nearly 180,000 there the last 2 weekends at the games, I'd say any other sport in Ireland would be happy with people voting with their feet in that manner.

trueblue1234

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 23, 2019, 09:01:56 AM

Quote from: under the bar on July 22, 2019, 11:10:22 PM

Quote from: priceyreilly on July 22, 2019, 06:35:28 PM

Booing and jeering like a troop of monkeys as well. Probably scagging after a long night on the gear in fairness.

;D

The best part of Dublin dominance is the annoyance of other county fans, i know it upsets you all but . . . . . its going ot continue for a few more years.

Dont want to get involved in fan for fan tantrums but Tyrone fans are better that Dublin fans in their behaviour is what i am hearing here, Dublin fans have their bad apples all right, especially in the past, however Tyronen are  the most violent county in the country, most likey people sitting in the stands who murdered people, innocent people, and falls over to the football pitch, county chairmans being knocked out at a ladies county finals, a manager who supports rapists in court. Tyrone fans can be a horrible shower in the stands behaving like animals shouting racist and homophopic slurs, violent taunts.

Anyway gents back to the game, i would expect 2 strong teams and im going for a draw, Omagh is a tough place to go and last years game was very tight with a few calls going Dublins way.

This board is away to f**k lately.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

TheGreatest

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 23, 2019, 09:03:39 AM

Quote from: under the bar on July 22, 2019, 11:10:22 PM

Quote from: priceyreilly on July 22, 2019, 06:35:28 PM

;D

The best part of Dublin dominance is the annoyance of other county fans, i know it upsets you all but . . . . . its going ot continue for a few more years.

Dont want to get involved in fan for fan tantrums but Tyrone fans are better that Dublin fans in their behaviour is what i am hearing here, Dublin fans have their bad apples all right, especially in the past, however Tyronen are  the most violent county in the country, most likey people sitting in the stands who murdered people, innocent people, and falls over to the football pitch, county chairmans being knocked out at a ladies county finals, a manager who supports rapists in court. Tyrone fans can be a horrible shower in the stands behaving like animals shouting racist and homophopic slurs, violent taunts.

Anyway gents back to the game, i would expect 2 strong teams and im going for a draw, Omagh is a tough place to go and last years game was very tight with a few calls going Dublins way.

This board is away to f**k lately.

I agree, i dont mind talk of Dublin at all and debating, buts it the poluting of all match thrreads with rubbish posts, match threads should be about the match, players, tactics etc etc, there are numerous threads on Dublin, why not use one of them for spouting crap and insults and slander and leave the match threads to football talk.

Hound

Dont want to get involved in fan for fan tantrums .....
Should definitely have stopped there. underthebar and pricereilly are mindless cretins and interacting with them brings you down to their level.