The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I believe it is being launched as part of the Setanta Package on the 8th of January. If you already subscribe via NTL or SKY Digital, you should pick it up. I pay €15 a month for the Setanta Package on Sky, and so far it comprises of NASN, Setanta Ireland, Setanta 1, Setanta 2, Celtic TV, Rangers TV, Racing UK and Racing World.

I presume (and hope) that Setanta Golf will just be added.

Very good interview with Jack O'Connor on Setanta last night. He was very upset with the animals last year.

catweazle

Joined country member out of a golf club in Belmullet Mayo called Carne. Better than Enniscrone, Rosses and Connemara in my opinion. No good yet but I enjoy it a lot, went to Tenerife for golf with the lads a few weeks back. Played a golf course called Abama, double the price of all the others on the island but christ it was impressive, some glorious holes and scenery.

The Real Laoislad

Im playing in Kilkee Castle in Kildare in the next few weeks anyone played here before?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gerrykeegan

On the Fantasy Golf Comp. who is The Washington Bay Handlers and who is Carl Spackler?
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

DrinkingHarp

I am Carl and I am looking for gophers
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Harrington on a roll in Adare........ first home winner in 25 years on the cards.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

magickingdom

was there today and an absolutely fantastic day out, harrington is a class act and adare a great setting so what more could one want than for him to win it there...

Declan

Yeah delighted for Padraig. Although he made hard work of it in the end. It'd be great if he could land one of the majors next

catweazle

I was very surprised at the moaning of the players on the difficulties of the course, while I am a useless player myself I do enjoy playing the tougher holes as I get more satisfaction out of getting a par on an index 1 rather than one of the easier holes.

The conditions are tough for everyone and surely those pros who are going around with 64/65's every week must enjoy the challenge that a sub 70 round in Adare would be. I thought McGinleys comments on the European Tour set up being too easy and not a sufficent challenge for the majors as spot on.

Tiger and Phil apart we have far stronger players than any tour but why has it taken so long for us to win a major,
british open....we dont play enough Links courses on the regular tour,
US open, masters and us pga the course set up is harder than anything we play over here regularly except maybe for Valderama, so I applaud Adare for making it a test.

There is nothing worse for me than seeing Tiger hit it a mile away from the fairway, yet then he hits a short iron beauty from the rough. Straight driving should be rewarded and an errant drive should be punished, the more wayward the drive the deeper the rough should be in my opinion

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: catweazle on May 21, 2007, 11:33:26 AM
I was very surprised at the moaning of the players on the difficulties of the course, while I am a useless player myself I do enjoy playing the tougher holes as I get more satisfaction out of getting a par on an index 1 rather than one of the easier holes.

The conditions are tough for everyone and surely those pros who are going around with 64/65's every week must enjoy the challenge that a sub 70 round in Adare would be. I thought McGinleys comments on the European Tour set up being too easy and not a sufficent challenge for the majors as spot on.

Tiger and Phil apart we have far stronger players than any tour but why has it taken so long for us to win a major,
british open....we dont play enough Links courses on the regular tour,
US open, masters and us pga the course set up is harder than anything we play over here regularly except maybe for Valderama, so I applaud Adare for making it a test.

There is nothing worse for me than seeing Tiger hit it a mile away from the fairway, yet then he hits a short iron beauty from the rough. Straight driving should be rewarded and an errant drive should be punished, the more wayward the drive the deeper the rough should be in my opinion

Agree with you there, if you are going to win a million or so for first it should be tougher than nails.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Redgreenery

Congrats to Harrington yesterday, great achievment to win at home and to be the first Irishman to win at home in 25 years!

Syd

Quote from: Redgreenery on May 21, 2007, 07:10:38 PM
Congrats to Harrington yesterday, great achievment to win at home and to be the first Irishman to win at home in 25 years!

Not such a great achievement when you discover only 2 of the top 50 in world rankings playing......

full back

Some length of a course
Dont fancy Tiger at all
Think Vijay should go well & Tim Clarke has an outside chance IMO

ONeill

Quote from: gerrykeegan on May 01, 2007, 01:58:26 PM
On the Fantasy Golf Comp. who is The Washington Bay Handlers and who is Carl Spackler?

I'm the Washingbay Ball Handlers. Thought I'd be out of sight by now. Computer broke down for a couple of weeks and lost the lead. I'll win by 300.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Stick all your eachway dosh on Arron Oberholser

I'll refund any unsuccessful bets.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.