Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Gerry

You will find that a lot of places see staff Christmas functions as a extention or work and therefore that same rules apply, thats one of the reasons that I never go to them, you can so easily leave yourself open to all sorts of accusations.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

gerry

Saturday night there, I was at a hooley when a few people from work walked in

Its the same as our place a work do is a extension of work so the same rules apply, but this does not seem to be a work do, or maybe i am reading it wrong
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Square Ball

See what you mean Gerry, Stew, was it an office function or just a coincidence that they all ended up in the same place?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

stew

Quote from: Square Ball on November 19, 2007, 09:20:29 PM
See what you mean Gerry, Stew, was it an office function or just a coincidence that they all ended up in the same place?

I am in America lads, not in Armagh.
Company policy states that you are not allowed to fraternise with your staff members.
It was not a work do at all, they knew where I was going and who was playing so eight of them dropped in. The fact that it was not a work do however doesnt change the fact that there is video out there and the company wont give two shites where it happened only that it did happen. She reports directly to him and it gets  worse but I dont even want to get into that as I didnt see it.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gerry

I am in America lads, not in Armagh.

Was wondering why you going to meet him in 1/2 hour.

sack him stew, look after number 1!

Well if its the case in America with staff. I have to agree with POG, theres only 1 number one
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

stew

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 19, 2007, 08:02:59 PM

Thats cold pog.

I have never been very good at looking after number one, I usually end up getting screwed out of money like the time that kn**ker from tyrone took me for money after I sent him PGA gear whenit was held in wisconsin. I never learn. :-[

Right. I am away here.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stew on November 19, 2007, 09:37:30 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 19, 2007, 08:02:59 PM

Thats cold pog.

I have never been very good at looking after number one, I usually end up getting screwed out of money like the time that kn**ker from tyrone took me for money after I sent him PGA gear whenit was held in wisconsin. I never learn. :-[

Right. I am away here.

How'd it go?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Btw you say you kept telling him too stop but the the girl herself tell him to stop?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stew

The unbelievable happened, he denied doing it, I was flabbergasted and told him that he did in fact do what i claimed, he got very agitated and sais that i didnt respect him professionally and that concerned him. I told him that one of us is a liar and it is not me. he told me to go ahead and push the issue and that he ws going to deny everything and that no one but me saw anything.

That was an interesting answer as he just let me know that he had already priimed those that were there and so now it is on. I am going to interview each and every one of the staff that was there and from there I am going to drop the hammer on the ballix!!!!!

he also said that by the end of the night I hadf six pints of guinness in me and that my perception was impaired, I told him i had eight pints of guinness and that he was so feckin loaded he couldnt count to eight. It is game on now. I am pissed off and if he wants to get into a pishing contest there is only going to be one winner and it aint him.

Orior

Stew, dont you have a HR department there? You could have a word with them, off record, without naming names, to get their advice. If you take their advice then it keeps you in the clear.

Unless of course it was the HR manager.

Why didnt the lady complain more - couldnt she have him for sexual harrassment?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

heganboy

Stew, what state are you in (as in which state of the 50 in the united states of america, I"m really not really asking about your emotional well being)
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Quote from: stew on November 19, 2007, 07:50:11 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on November 19, 2007, 07:06:32 PM
theres always one, or two

Saturday night there, I was at a hooley when a few people from work walked in including one of the managers, about an hour later I see him groping the breasts of one of the girls in full view of the rest of the staff, he was working on the outside of the clothes. I was rightly on and anyway I told him to stop, he feckin kept going and I walked out.
I am meeting him in an hour to talk to him about it, he has no idea this conversation is going to take place but that was my latest what the fcuk moment.

I am supposed to sack him on the spot, this girl reports to him and everybody seen me there at the time and they even have video of it on their cellphones. If I say nothing and it gets out I will be sacked as well, the hoor has put in me in a bad spot. >:(

You warned him Stew. Protect your own ass now. Better him losing his job than you given that he was in the wrong.

stew

Quote from: heganboy on November 20, 2007, 01:00:02 AM
Stew, what state are you in (as in which state of the 50 in the united states of america, I"m really not really asking about your emotional well being)

Wisconsin

You cant have a word off the record with HR over here, if you bring it up they act and you better have your ducks in a row. I have sacked 24 people in my time here and even though I am rightly up I cant make that move without their approval unless some stupid fecker grabs a woman by the funbags in plain sight of everyone.

America is a different animal to home lads. This girl gets on very well with both of us, I have helped her career along and I brought both of them into the company, he was a mate of mine for 5 years before he started and we played in a golf league together.

That said he is banking on the fact that the staff will lie for him at this point and that is a very bad move. he has basically called me a liar and I know I can prove I am right and I dont know what he was thinking when he told me that I didnt see what I know I saw and I now have the documentation to prove it.The guy is popular around the office, we both are but ninety nine times out of a hundred people will do the right thing and both people we interviewed tonight said that they didnt want to get anyone in trouble but that I was right to say what I saw because they did too, one even said they were watching to see if I would sweep it under the carpet. I was never going to do that, I would have had the conversation with him but now it is going to HR unfortunately.

stew

Quote from: J70 on November 20, 2007, 01:33:15 AM
Quote from: stew on November 19, 2007, 07:50:11 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on November 19, 2007, 07:06:32 PM
theres always one, or two

Saturday night there, I was at a hooley when a few people from work walked in including one of the managers, about an hour later I see him groping the breasts of one of the girls in full view of the rest of the staff, he was working on the outside of the clothes. I was rightly on and anyway I told him to stop, he feckin kept going and I walked out.
I am meeting him in an hour to talk to him about it, he has no idea this conversation is going to take place but that was my latest what the fcuk moment.

I am supposed to sack him on the spot, this girl reports to him and everybody seen me there at the time and they even have video of it on their cellphones. If I say nothing and it gets out I will be sacked as well, the hoor has put in me in a bad spot. >:(

You warned him Stew. Protect your own ass now. Better him losing his job than you given that he was in the wrong.

I know but the guy is a married man with kids, he was an excellent leader and I just signed off on him to apply for a promotion, he will never see the weekend now and that is a shame, I wont sleep a wink the night. :(

stew

Quote from: heganboy on November 20, 2007, 01:00:02 AM

My emotional well being, heganboy you are too long in the states if you are asking that sort of question.  :P