The John Aldridge/Sunday World Comedy Thread

Started by kerryforsam2018, August 13, 2018, 04:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerryforsam2018

I wish to start a thread for discussion on John Aldridge and his column in the Sunday World or for those who wish to discuss any of the other writers for the Sunday world.

I am not a Liverpool fan but I enjoy reading John's articles. I find them comical as he appears to be still living in the late 80's/early 90's when Liverpool were a superpower.

John's articles are completely one sided and have no basis on current football. I feel the reason that John is employed to write these articles are to provide laughs and wind ups as he can not be taken seriously on all of his opinions, he is a man living on cloud cuckoo land. Also seems to have a horn for Jose Mourinho. Never stops talking about him.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: kerryforsam2018 on August 13, 2018, 04:11:54 PM

I wish to start a thread for discussion on John Aldridge and his column in the Sunday World or for those who wish to discuss any of the other writers for the Sunday world.

I am not a Liverpool fan but I enjoy reading John's articles. I find them comical as he appears to be still living in the late 80's/early 90's when Liverpool were a superpower.

John's articles are completely one sided and have no basis on current football. I feel the reason that John is employed to write these articles are to provide laughs and wind ups as he can not be taken seriously on all of his opinions, he is a man living on cloud cuckoo land. Also seems to have a horn for Jose Mourinho. Never stops talking about him.

Coming from Kerry you would know all about it!

trailer

I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Sunday World. Does Spillane still write for them? Is the half naked pictures of women still on the front cover?

From the Bunker

The Sunday World!

Is Roy Curtis still writing for that Fish and Chips rag?

His articles were comedy gold!

DuffleKing

They're still producing the SW? Hold on... there are still people buying the SW???

GetOverTheBar

He's never done mentioning Chelsea too - they've obviously hurt him deeply.

Esmarelda

I heard him on the radio last week.

Your theory is as good as I've heard.

Boycey

Ah Aldo is a professional scouser, playing to his audience. Everyones gotta make a crust.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Boycey on August 14, 2018, 03:05:08 PM
Ah Aldo is a professional scouser, playing to his audience. Everyones gotta make a crust.

Yes, he is there to tell the Irish Liverpool fans what they want to hear. Roy Curtis does the same with the Dubs Football/Leinster Rugby/Dubs Hurling/Irish International Soccer/Munster Rugby/Aintree/Olympic Boxing - He's like us all has an opinion on everything popular!

AZOffaly

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 14, 2018, 04:12:21 PM
Quote from: Boycey on August 14, 2018, 03:05:08 PM

Yes, he is there to tell the Irish Liverpool fans what they want to hear. Roy Curtis does the same with the Dubs Football/Leinster Rugby/Dubs Hurling/Irish International Soccer/Munster Rugby/Aintree/Olympic Boxing - He's like us all has an opinion on everything popular!

Exactly. Aldo works for LFC TV, the Liverpool Echo, and is never off the media talking about Liverpool. In no way, shape nor form can he be described as neutral. He's like the anti-Scholes.

Boycey

AZOffaly

Quote from: Boycey on August 14, 2018, 08:44:05 PM
What's the anti-Scholes AZ?

Scholes is a professional Manc, but his role appears to be the Grinch, whereas Aldo as professional Scouser appears to be a cheerleader type.

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 14, 2018, 09:29:31 PM

Scholes is a professional Manc, but his role appears to be the Grinch, whereas Aldo as professional Scouser appears to be a cheerleader type.

Nah Scholes not trading on his 'Mancness' hes not even a Manc as it goes, Oldham. I can't think of a profressional Manc in punditry although im sure theres one. The only professional Mancs I can think of are Terry Christian and Mani from the Stone Roses and the Gallagher bros obviously..

AZOffaly

Quote from: Boycey on August 15, 2018, 12:30:32 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 14, 2018, 09:29:31 PM

Nah Scholes not trading on his 'Mancness' hes not even a Manc as it goes, Oldham. I can't think of a profressional Manc in punditry although im sure theres one. The only professional Mancs I can think of are Terry Christian and Mani from the Stone Roses and the Gallagher bros obviously..

all he does is talk about Manchester United. And given his years of playing with them, I'm giving him honorary Manc status.

The Subbie

David May would surely be in the mix here for professional manc
Jan Molby another professional scouser
Owen "mugsy " Mulligan - professiona Tyroneite !