Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delboy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 24, 2010, 11:06:31 AM
Isn't it about time you showed some maturity as a country and see it for what it is a visit from the head of state of another country. You don't have the french/dutch etc getting into a tizzy when the germans come calling.
The Germans own up to their history and most are ashamed of it. When the Brits do the same the queen is welcome.

The serbs played the germans in the world cup the other day, yet during the first world war the serbs had over a quarter of their population wiped out by the germans/austrians (no apologies), they banned their church and luanguage, and the country was carved up, after the war they had to cobble together with a lot of other regions to form yugoslavia. Only in the last few years have the got their independence back.
Did the serbs refuse to take to the pitch, or as a new country (2006) were they able to show the maturity (sadly lacking on here) to put the past where it belongs and move on.

Lets face it if the queen came over dropped to her knees and kissed each of your scabby toes in turn whilst begging forgiveness you'd still be f**king whineging about something.

Shamrock Shore

Usual bunch of loons now on LiveWhine.

1850 715 815

Call Joe now lads

snoopdog

Its an Old Lady visiting the Country. Get over it. No doubt there will be plenty of tools out protesting.
Get over it i would hate to think that any fellow nationalsit or Republican could be as bitter as Geoffrey Campbell and his cronies were last week when the Saville report was posted.
Its time to move forward and forget the wrong doings of the past.

brokencrossbar1

This is the only type of "queen" that should be allowed in Ireland :P  To be honest, people are far too easily offended.  Did the Queen authorise any of the actions that the Army carried out, no.  She is the "head" of a family that has absolutely no power.  She doesn't even recommend the "honours".  they come from the mandarins in the civil service who make suggestions and the Queen's office rubber stamps them.

Get over it, an overt show of bon hommie with the country that is the main importer of our goods would be a very shrewd business move and show how as a nation Ireland has developed and matured and is more acceptable to the unionist community in the north.

NAG1

'how as a nation Ireland has developed and matured and is more acceptable to the unionist community in the north.'

Even though they want nothing to do with you and still see you as a backward country full of drunks and gypsies?  :)

red hander

I'd have no problem welcoming her to Ireland ... if her intention is to announce full British withdrawal from the six counties and to make a fulsome apology for 800 years of oppression ... the bitch  :D

The Subbie

Maybe she could visit Parnell Park and a dubs training session, after all they are the only team in the championship playing in red white and blue!!!

On a more serious note the chattering classes and the s**d*y i****en*ent types will have themselves pulled inside out at the thoughts of a visit, hopefully phil the greek/german mongrel will offend all before and behind him, thank God i'm on the other side of the world so that i won't have to witness this shite at first hand

Rossfan

Will be totally ignoring this woman if she visits just like i totally ignored the visits of other ( outdated feudal nonsensical) monarchs  and any Presidents that visited here over the years.
I hope that it will be short and confined to the Aras and  maybe Dublin Castle so that the D4 types dont get a public chance to show how British they really are.
I presume the Reillyrag will totally cream itself with excitement.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magickingdom

ireland was partitioned against the wishes of the majority of the people and the british were the enforcer of that partition. small nations cant do a lot about it when bigger nations act like this except put up with the inevitable sh1t that follows and try to get on in a civilised manner while sticking to our principles. im sure lizzy hasnt lost any sleep over not visiting and it would be a principled move if the gov had the balls to put on record that there would be no visit until ireland is reunited in whatever manner that happens (and there may well be some roll for the british monarchy in that new ireland with 1 million unionists). in the meantime we could get on with normal relations in every other area. like i said lizzy more than likely wouldnt care and yet it would be a significant yet symbolic move on our behalf. along with a lot of other principles that this republic was based on thats focked now but who knows some good may yet come out of the visit...

Puckoon

Quote from: reddgnhand on June 24, 2010, 08:34:37 AM
Hows about a boat trip round Mullaghmore. It went down a bomb the last time her relatives did it.

There is no real reason for her to visit at all - and as someone else asked - who is footing the bill for all the fanfare that will come with it at a time when we are broke. There is more reason for her not to come, and there are some very valid points against her visit.

That said - Zap, are you sure that this post isnt the one you wanted to quote when you were talking about contempt?

This post is disgusting. Just goes to show you the quality of some posters on here. :-[

pintsofguinness

Quote from: delboy on June 24, 2010, 01:54:33 PM
Isn't it about time you showed some maturity as a country and see it for what it is a visit from the head of state of another country. You don't have the french/dutch etc getting into a tizzy when the germans come calling.
The Germans own up to their history and most are ashamed of it. When the Brits do the same the queen is welcome.

The serbs played the germans in the world cup the other day, yet during the first world war the serbs had over a quarter of their population wiped out by the germans/austrians (no apologies), they banned their church and luanguage, and the country was carved up, after the war they had to cobble together with a lot of other regions to form yugoslavia. Only in the last few years have the got their independence back.
Did the serbs refuse to take to the pitch, or as a new country (2006) were they able to show the maturity (sadly lacking on here) to put the past where it belongs and move on.

Lets face it if the queen came over dropped to her knees and kissed each of your scabby toes in turn whilst begging forgiveness you'd still be f**king whineging about something.
What are you going on about, no one is talking not playing england in some sport. your post makes no sense.

I dont care either way about the queen what I do care about is the lack of a backbone the Irish government have, whether it be dealing with Israel or England. Pack of cowards.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

SuperMac

Minder

Quote from: reddgnhand on June 24, 2010, 08:34:37 AM
Hows about a boat trip round Mullaghmore. It went down a bomb the last time her relatives did it.
Yep, I would say young Maxwells father still has a great oul chuckle about that bomb.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

balladmaker

QuoteI'd have no problem welcoming her to Ireland ... if her intention is to announce full British withdrawal from the six counties and to make a fulsome apology for 800 years of oppression ... the bitch 

+1

delboy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 24, 2010, 09:22:35 PM
Quote from: delboy on June 24, 2010, 01:54:33 PM

What are you going on about, no one is talking not playing england in some sport. your post makes no sense.

I dont care either way about the queen what I do care about is the lack of a backbone the Irish government have, whether it be dealing with Israel or England. Pack of cowards.

Im giving you an example in relation to a previous post of a nation that probably has more right to the MOPE title than most and which has shown in one of their first chances to display contempt at another nation that they had the ability to turn the other cheek and  move on (something that i personally think ireland should do), if you haven't the wit to see the parallels or choose not to thats up to you.

You are right about one thing though if you want to express your chagrin it should be at the irish government rather than liz, she won't have asked to come it will have been the other way around.
Who knows maybe this is putting out the feelers for a rejoining of the commonwealth as part of the bigger picture of a UI which you all dream of.