Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

heganboy

I'll be on again this year- cant do it from work
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

The Iceman

Will you be ranking players who are injured or do we do that ourselves?

Maybe post up some rules or instructions? Sorry if this has all been covered.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

I'll post up some stuff beforehand, but basically it's as follows.

We do a live online snake draft, usually takes about an hour and half, using the Yahoo tool. (Go and 'test your system' beforehand). Basically in the draft you have required rosters to fill, and when they are filled you can populate your bench with any combination of the starting positions.

There are numerous draft kits and packs that help in your draft, and if you think you won't make it, you can pre-rank the players in order of who you think are the best. Each time your turn comes around the computer will pick the highest available ranked player, pending roster spot completion. e.g. if you have one pick left, and have not picked a kicker, the computer will get you the highest ranked kicker you have left, even if he's not the highest overall left.

eiled in the bushes

six oclock on a friday morning.what if you miss it?
get some metal in your life

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

GalwayBayBoy

There's 13 in Montana now. How many in Payton? To be honest I think 10 or 12 is the optimum number for a fantasy league. 14 is too many IMO as a couple of lads tend to lose interest not to mention it adds potentially another 30 minutes onto the draft. If there is 11 in Payton someone could switch across to make in an even 12 in both.

AZOffaly

13 in Montana, 12 in Payton. We'll need to make it even anyway. 14 and 12 is not too bad. It'll  just make the draft harder in Montana.

GalwayBayBoy

Feck it. Hate 14 team leagues. Extra two picks every round means you are really taking long-shots in the middle rounds at marginal players who might not see much gametime anyway. Not to mention the draft goes on forever. Oh well.

AZOffaly

Stop whining :D It'll put hair on your chest like Bullwire.

Shrek

Guys as i am new to this and i havent a clue what ive to do, i will pull out leaving 12 & 12 which seems to suit better.

declan85

A 14 team league will make it very tough and probably should be maxed at that. If each team owner was to keep 2 quarterbacks, a starter and 1 to cover the bye week and if i remember right some bye weeks have 6 teams off then its possible that a team could have no quarterback to replace their starter... So remember lads Manning & Brady with your first two picks ;)

AZOffaly

Never mind him Shrek. We need new lads to freshen it up. GBB see what you're doing now? :D

AZOffaly

I will cap it at 14 each though. So only 3 places left now.

the Deel Rover

keep forgetting to enter league must do it when i go home this evening thats if  3 others don't before me i think i got an invite for the payton
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Shrek

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 05, 2010, 02:49:32 PM
Never mind him Shrek. We need new lads to freshen it up. GBB see what you're doing now? :D

Ok no problem,

All i have to do now is remember my yahoo user ID - made one to join up and have forgotten it already  :-[