Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

marty34

You'd think the the 'chief scout' would be consistently doing a dossier on players throughout Europe and beyond.  He should, as you say, have a right back, centre back and forward lined up for Jan. This should be updated on a daily basis.

Who is available, out of contract, club history, injuries and character etc.

Would this not make it easier to do, especially when there's only 2 windows nowadays?

Targetman

The so called "Chief Scout " has a lot to answer for when we're signing players like Commper (probably spelt wrong as I've never seen his name in a team line out), Benkovic looks the part but unfortunately too rich for Celtic!!

Main Street

A good few spark ups at the Edinburgh derby.
Hearts' goalie goes to receive the ball from the Hibs fans behind his goal, the ball is sorta thrown to his chest area and he goes to ground clutching his nose, rolling around for what seemed ages. After a late Hearts goal was ruled out, Neil Lennon exploded into life give the still celebrating Hearts fans a good Lurgan goading, for his efforts he received an object into his face and went down like a beached whale.
I have to say, Neil acted the maggot, not just with his goading but the over egging of the impact.

charlieTully

Quote from: Main Street on October 31, 2018, 09:52:33 PM
Hearts' goalie goes to receive the ball from the Hibs fans behind his goal, the ball is sorta thrown to his chest area and he goes to ground clutching his nose, rolling around for what seemed ages. After a late Hearts goal was ruled out, Neil Lennon exploded into life give the still celebrating Hearts fans a good Lurgan goading, for his efforts he received an object into his face and went down like a beached whale.
I have to say, Neil acted the maggot, not just with his goading but the over egging of the impact.

Sure it adds to the drama. The Edinburgh derby is more intense than the Glasgow one these days. Handy win for Celtic but don't get the sycophantic response from some fans. European results are the benchmark for improvement imo. Let's see how the next couple of home legs go. No glory in beating Dundee of the park.

ned

Poor wee lambs in the Hearts support, imagine having to endure a goading. Went to the football to watch their team and NL provoked them into throwing a coin. That wasn't an isolated incident last night or any other time we or Hibs play at Tynecastle. NL did no more than thousands of players or coaches do every week. Cupping an ear, finger to the lips, running along the touchline.......  all reprehensible behaviour in some people's books no doubt.
As for Celtics performance, yes it was only Dundee but earlier in the season we may have toiled in that type of match. We are starting to hit our stride domestically, pity about Europe right enough.

Main Street

Quote from: ned on November 01, 2018, 07:56:42 AM
Poor wee lambs in the Hearts support, imagine having to endure a goading. Went to the football to watch their team and NL provoked them into throwing a coin. That wasn't an isolated incident last night or any other time we or Hibs play at Tynecastle. NL did no more than thousands of players or coaches do every week. Cupping an ear, finger to the lips, running along the touchline.......  all reprehensible behaviour in some people's books no doubt.
As for Celtics performance, yes it was only Dundee but earlier in the season we may have toiled in that type of match. We are starting to hit our stride domestically, pity about Europe right enough.
Would you ever cop on, Neil went overboard, way over the limit and considering this was a derby match, his behavior wasn't reprehensible just stupid and foolish.

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on October 31, 2018, 09:52:33 PM

Main Street, i'm a bit surprised by your comments TBH.
First of all i'd like you to explain what a "Lurgan goading" is (he got stick for 90 mins and then giving a bit of a fist pump when the other team have a disallowed goal  ::))
You say he received an object to the face (turns out it was a £1 coin) and went down like a beached whale. Have you ever been hit in the face with a £1 coin? do you know how sore it is or what impact it would have on you...bear in mind everyone is different and it may bounce of your chin with no damage but could hurt someone else less as granite as your fine self.

To tell you the truth I'm sick to the teeth of people saying he deserves it and he brings it on himself which is a load of bollix, he wears his heart on his sleeve and has proved it no matter who he's played for or managed. If people in the crowd can rip him up and give him abuse for 90 mins and can't take it back then tough. They're no better than the keyboard warriors who type all sorts of crop about people but most of them wouldn't say it to their face.

I'm all for a bit of craic and I've no issues with fans giving management stick etc it all adds to the atmosphere but it can bit you on the ass sometimes and you have to be man enough to take it but the tools who can't behave should be banned, arrested and hopefully lose their jobs too
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: illdecide on November 01, 2018, 11:25:30 AM
You say he received an object to the face (turns out it was a £1 coin) and went down like a beached whale. Have you ever been hit in the face with a £1 coin? do you know how sore it is or what impact it would have on you...bear in mind everyone is different and it may bounce of your chin with no damage but could hurt someone else less as granite as your fine self.

You weren't hit in the face either "Neil"  ::) ::) ::)

https://twitter.com/meganlawriee28/status/1057756662113730561?s=19

ned

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 01, 2018, 11:41:23 AM

You reckon that's conclusive? Maybe more than one coin thrown? Or the coin hit him then dropped down as if hitting him on the chest? NL did nothing or has ever done anything to merit the abuse he has received. So f**k up with all the "he brings it on himself", "he doesn't help himself" bullshit. Thousands of folk involved in football do similar week in week out.

michaelg

Quote from: ned on November 01, 2018, 01:57:36 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 01, 2018, 11:41:23 AM

You reckon that's conclusive? Maybe more than one coin thrown? Or the coin hit him then dropped down as if hitting him on the chest? NL did nothing or has ever done anything to merit the abuse he has received. So f**k up with all the "he brings it on himself", "he doesn't help himself" bullshit. Thousands of folk involved in football do similar week in week out.
Not sure many have done it in extra time, immediatley after a winning goal was (incorrectly) disallowed by the home team in a fiercely contested derby.  Throwing a coin can never be condoned, but it's fair to say that he pretty much brought this incident entirely upon himself.  He might think before he "acts the maggot" next time.

ned

What did NL do that was enough to provoke a coin throw? He has done nothing more than lots have done before him but they are not castigated in the same way.

michaelg

Quote from: ned on November 01, 2018, 06:01:23 PM
What did NL do that was enough to provoke a coin throw? He has done nothing more than lots have done before him but they are not castigated in the same way.
What he did was foolish to say the least.  As I said, nothing should result in a coin throw, but at same time, if he didn't do what he did, then the incident would probably not have happened.
As for your second point, plenty of people have celebrated their own team's last minute winner.  Football fans don't mind that, it's part of the game, and it generally doesn't result in what happened to NL the other night.  As I said, what he did was different and he brought the situation entirely upon himself.

Insane Bolt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46062287

The sectarian shit fest that is SFA has done sweet FA to address the vile abuse that Neil Lennon has been subjected to. It has allowed it to be the norm.

ned

Quote from: michaelg on November 01, 2018, 06:11:29 PM
What he did was foolish to say the least.  As I said, nothing should result in a coin throw, but at same time, if he didn't do what he did, then the incident would probably not have happened.
No, no and thrice no! The incident would not have happened if the thug who threw the coin did not think it was acceptable to act like that. The blame lies no where but with the perpetrator and those who ignore the constant incidents at Tynecastle.
As for your second point, plenty of people have celebrated their own team's last minute winner.  Football fans don't mind that, it's part of the game, and it generally doesn't result in what happened to NL the other night.  As I said, what he did was different and he brought the situation entirely upon himself.

What exactly did NL do that was any different to a cupped ear, a finger to the lips or a celebratory knee slide along the touchline?

michaelg

Quote from: ned on November 01, 2018, 07:42:37 PM
Quote from: michaelg on November 01, 2018, 06:11:29 PM
No, no and thrice no! The incident would not have happened if the thug who threw the coin did not think it was acceptable to act like that. The blame lies no where but with the perpetrator and those who ignore the constant incidents at Tynecastle.

What exactly did NL do that was any different to a cupped ear, a finger to the lips or a celebratory knee slide along the touchline?
Not going to agree on this.   As for your question, re-read my post above.