TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

The Repair Shop on BBC2, great show.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 31, 2018, 10:15:09 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 31, 2018, 09:44:10 PM
Ozark S2 released today
Cheers Gab. That's tomorrow night's viewing.

Picked up exactly where it left off...good so far

JoG2

Ozark S2 very good. The latest season of Ballers is excellent as always. Suits latest offering has been poor I must say, your one Sheila would drive you 'round the bend

Anyone watch the Detectorists? Must say I think it's some craic

nrico2006

Ozark season 2 is better than the first. Ballers been pretty average so far IMO.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

themac_23

Better call Saul is just getting better and better latest episode was first class

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JoG2 on September 03, 2018, 08:48:15 PM
Ozark S2 very good. The latest season of Ballers is excellent as always. Suits latest offering has been poor I must say, your one Sheila would drive you 'round the bend

Detectorists is my favourite show of the last few years.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 05, 2018, 07:11:23 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 03, 2018, 08:48:15 PM

Detectorists is my favourite show of the last few years.

What channel is this on?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

Was on BBC4 - Netflix now I think

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 05, 2018, 08:00:34 PM

Cheers, now the real question, will her in doors like it???
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 05, 2018, 08:08:44 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 05, 2018, 08:00:34 PM

Cheers, now the real question, will her in doors like it???

A couples show surely. Seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix as Gabriel said, though Google tells me there's a 3rd season as well.

The Iceman

Sense8 worth a try?
Just finished the last season of walking dead - I'm inbetween shows...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Main Street

Quote from: Main Street on August 29, 2018, 07:52:33 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on August 29, 2018, 08:26:22 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 28, 2018, 08:40:44 PM
Has anybody watched The Alienist, a 10 part tv drama based on a well regarded book by Caleb Carr?

Yes it was 6/7 out of 10. Very hard to watch from the start (we nearly gave up on it) but we stuck with it and, Yes it's not too bad.
Thanks Gerry.
I'm over the halfway mark in the book.  Whilst I enjoy the book, it's quality stuff, I just couldn't imagine that it could be adapted into an interesting  tv series. However, I was taken aback and very impressed with the first 2 episodes of the tv drama. The deck is sufficiently shuffled to be different from the book  but also the tv adaption manages to up the ante on the drama and plot.  In fact, reading ahead in the book and then watching the tv drama works just fine, eg you're supplied with more background detail of the character profiles which the tv drama, and if corners are cut in the tv drama you know what's missing.

bennydorano

Found a show on Netflix called Real Rob, a Rob Schneider (Deuce Bigalo) vehicle in the vein of Curb your Enthusiasm. It's pretty good.

Sweeper 123

Quote from: The Iceman on September 05, 2018, 09:16:12 PM
Sense8 worth a try?
Just finished the last season of walking dead - I'm inbetween shows...

Yep - Sense8 give it a watch, it gets there

Cunny Funt

Has season 2 of Mr Mercedes started on RTE yet?