TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Any comedy fans MUST buy Curb Your Enthusiasm

My favourite show, comedy wise anyway...

Larry David is a legend, as is big Jeff!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: clarshack on June 24, 2009, 12:50:31 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 23, 2009, 11:52:54 PM

New season of Entourage starts in a few weeks so can't wait for that.

when does entourage start again on ITV2?

I thought gavin & stacey was very funny up until last years christmas special which was a bit hit and miss.

without a trace is another good show but i havent seen the latest season.

One of the best shows on TV. Like most of the Armerican Crime drama - law and orders, CSIs (except CSI Miami) but Without a Trace and Criminal Minds are definitely the best two.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on June 24, 2009, 12:29:05 PM
Quote from: D4S on June 24, 2009, 12:26:42 PM
Hven't watched it but a right few people I know think Gavin & Stacey is the funniest sitcom ever!  For me personally FRIENDS will never be beaten...Phoebe makes me double over laughin :D

Gavin & Stacey is rubbish and whilst Friends was funny, it hasn't stood the test of time in my opinion.

Bollix  >:(
Gavin & Stacey is quality viewing!

Anyone ever see that Australian show called Kath and Kim ? very funny imho!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 24, 2009, 12:54:56 PM
Any comedy fans MUST buy Curb Your Enthusiasm

My favourite show, comedy wise anyway...

Larry David is a legend, as is big Jeff!
Great show.

D4S

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 24, 2009, 12:56:51 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 24, 2009, 12:29:05 PM
Hven't watched it but a right few people I know think Gavin & Stacey is the funniest sitcom ever!  For me personally FRIENDS will never be beaten...Phoebe makes me double over laughin :D

Gavin & Stacey is rubbish and whilst Friends was funny, it hasn't stood the test of time in my opinion.

Bollix  >:(
Gavin & Stacey is quality viewing!

Anyone ever see that Australian show called Kath and Kim ? very funny imho!

Haven't watched Gavin & Stacey so can't really comment buta few friends think it's hilarious.  Have to disagree about Friends though Ziggy, I could stick E4 on anyday of the week and watch an episode of Friends I've watched 8 times before and still laugh out loud at it, personal preference I suppose.  Have watched Kath & Kim a few times and it is funny but a bit slow with the gags.

In terms of a whole series it's hard to beat Prison Break Series 1+2, got a bit tedious though by series 3! How many times can people break out!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Longshanks

Flight of the Choncords and Curb your Enthusiasm for me...

Also for easy watching and a good few laughs, two and a half men.. ;D

Hound

Quote from: stevo-08 on June 24, 2009, 12:54:17 PM
Rescue Me was recommended to me.
Have just started watching it, looks alright - Tommy certainly has a few "issues".

Has anyone seen it?? Think there's about 6 seasons in all.
I really enjoyed Rescue Me. There is one element to it thats a bit weird, but if you can get over that you'll enjoy it. His crew are a great gang!

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Longshanks on June 24, 2009, 01:13:44 PM
Flight of the Choncords and Curb your Enthusiasm for me...

Also for easy watching and a good few laughs, two and a half men.. ;D

Horrible show!!

stevo-08

Quote from: Hound on June 24, 2009, 01:17:20 PM
Quote from: stevo-08 on June 24, 2009, 12:54:17 PM
Rescue Me was recommended to me.
Have just started watching it, looks alright - Tommy certainly has a few "issues".

Has anyone seen it?? Think there's about 6 seasons in all.
I really enjoyed Rescue Me. There is one element to it thats a bit weird, but if you can get over that you'll enjoy it. His crew are a great gang!

Yea, they seem like great craic alright. I've only watched the first 2 episodes of season one, the bit when the 2 new recruits were trying to explain Metrosexual to the older lads, had me in tears.

nrico2006

A show I started watching a show a few years back when getting ready for work, and I have seen so many repeats of each episode now but I still love it - Everybody Loves Raymond.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggysego

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 24, 2009, 01:41:49 PM
A show I started watching a show a few years back when getting ready for work, and I have seen so many repeats of each episode now but I still love it - Everybody Loves Raymond.

Quality show. Catch it the odd morning before work too.
Testing Accessibility

longball

Gavin and Stacy very good.
Inbetweeners excellent if u havent seen it watch this show there only 2 seasons so far 6 eps in each and they only last 25 mins an ep but brilliant.

Other shows i really recommend:
Entourage- have always said most under-rated show on tv
Greys Anatomy
The Big Bang Theory
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Tim Buzaglo

....christ!

Gavin and stacey is worth watching though!
Will we ever see another one?

Siggy

The West Wing is a must see.

Celt_Man

Supernatural is a top show, Rome is a great one too if you hadn't seen it before. Jericho is a little known one which I thught was excellent - couldn't believe it didn't stay on the air longer than it did.  Watching a bit of Harper's Island on RTÉ 2 these days, seems decent enough.  If you're into your Sci-fi and enjoyed the movie Serenity check out the original series Firefly....
And for just watching a once off show without worrying about series wide story arcs - hard to be any of the Law & Orders
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010