Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

I've a sister living In Bristol and have been there many times, I'll echo all AZ says, it's a pretty cool place. Not exactly a stag-do thing but it youre there you got to go to look at and walk across the Clifton Suspension Bridge, it's some feat of engineering. I've always been fascinated by Brunel and this is his greatest work.

Bristol is also home to the largest restaurant in Britian a all you can eat buffet called Za Za Bazaar at the harbourside.

By the way some of that cider is dangerous stuff..

Don Johnson

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 15, 2018, 06:09:05 PM
Carlingford worth a go for a local stag do?

It's grand for a day out yeah, wouldn't spend longer than there.

Don Johnson

Quote from: FermGael on August 15, 2018, 11:40:52 AM
Anybody any experience of organising a stag in Krakov ?

Been there on two stags. Great spot.

Lots of cheap booze and food. They say the square is more expensive than the rest but it is still a mile cheaper than at home.

Pod Papugami is an Irish bar off the square where basically anything goes.

Just watch you don't drink too much vodka the morning you go home in case they don't let you on the flight and you have to book the evening flight to Dublin by yourself.

Gold

Absolutely on Sat night
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gold

Quote from: FermGael on August 15, 2018, 11:40:52 AM
Anybody any experience of organising a stag in Krakov ?

Go to the Gold Club

Pussycat club is also reverred by all accounts
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

lurganblue

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 15, 2018, 12:03:47 PM
Considering a stag in Prague for next march (possibly paddys weekend)
Any tips or does or donts for Prague?

Went for a stag just over a year ago. Any stag's ive been on tend to be 4 days of drinking so couldnt really tell you about activities outside of that. I didnt find it overly cheap tbh (unless you go for pints in an underground dungeon). The usual sights on a wee walk are worth a visit ie the astronomical clock, Charles bridge etc. stopping for refreshments along the way of course.

GetOverTheBar

Been to 3 stags in Prague, great spot for it. City is lovely in itself owing to the lack of conflict during WW2, the people are generally sound and welcoming. Stayed in Praha 1 2 of the times - it's probably a bit cheaper and right beside Wenceslas Square in the New Town area - you'd be a bit away from the Old Town there but still walkable and I can say I've seen no problems whatsoever.

Food is cheap, drink is cheap (unless your determined to drink magners/bulmers), generally easy going and every night ends up a bit of a mess where you stumble from bar to bar. I'd recommend going to a Slavia/Sparta game - it was something else....I didn't understand a thing that was being chanted but it did not stop from kick off to full time.

Rocky O'Reilly's a great wee bar to catch whatever sport you want to watch when over there, ended up in awful shape in it and they didn't help by landing down with free drinks every few rounds.

You can do the mad stuff like going up to the hills and shooting the guns etc, wasn't for me but half the group done it. You've a few clubs right on the river bank that'll be eyecatching enough if your into that type of thing. Wouldn't worry about a language barrier - you'll find everyone speaks English.

Don't go to Goldfingers until your final night.

JoG2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 16, 2018, 02:45:43 PM

Been to 3 stags in Prague, great spot for it. City is lovely in itself owing to the lack of conflict during WW2, the people are generally sound and welcoming. Stayed in Praha 1 2 of the times - it's probably a bit cheaper and right beside Wenceslas Square in the New Town area - you'd be a bit away from the Old Town there but still walkable and I can say I've seen no problems whatsoever.

Food is cheap, drink is cheap (unless your determined to drink magners/bulmers), generally easy going and every night ends up a bit of a mess where you stumble from bar to bar. I'd recommend going to a Slavia/Sparta game - it was something else....I didn't understand a thing that was being chanted but it did not stop from kick off to full time.

Rocky O'Reilly's a great wee bar to catch whatever sport you want to watch when over there, ended up in awful shape in it and they didn't help by landing down with free drinks every few rounds.

You can do the mad stuff like going up to the hills and shooting the guns etc, wasn't for me but half the group done it. You've a few clubs right on the river bank that'll be eyecatching enough if your into that type of thing. Wouldn't worry about a language barrier - you'll find everyone speaks English.

Don't go to Goldfiners until your final night.

There's a huge nightclub beside the Charles Bridge...be careful of your wallets, cameras etc in it !
The beers are great, and no place better than spending an afternoon sat at one of the long communal tables at the Golden Tiger bar (close to clock at old town sq if i mind right)

Agree with the above on Bristol, love the place. Grab a delicious burger and some (keenly priced) local cider at the 3 Brothers burger barge ( a few minutes walk from lop sided bar AZOfflay mentioned above). Great place for a good pub crawl

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: JoG2 on August 16, 2018, 02:58:52 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 16, 2018, 02:45:43 PM

Don't go to Goldfiners until your final night.

There's a huge nightclub beside the Charles Bridge...be careful of your wallets, cameras etc in it !
The beers are great, and no place better than spending an afternoon sat at one of the long communal tables at the Golden Tiger bar (close to clock at old town sq if i mind right)

Agree with the above on Bristol, love the place. Grab a delicious burger and some (keenly priced) local cider at the 3 Brothers burger barge ( a few minutes walk from lop sided bar AZOfflay mentioned above). Great place for a good pub crawl
Cloudy cider can be very strong
Up to 10%

highorlow

QuoteConsidering a stag in Prague for next march (possibly paddys weekend)

We spent the day in / outside Becketts (from 2 to 9pm) in Prague 2, cab ride from the city centre. Ate twice had about 10 pints per man and the bill only came to €20 / skull. We got lucky with the weather, it was last April. The old town then afterwards is the place to go. Avoid that shithole goldfingers.

One thing is to make sure and get a rate off the cabbies as they will rip you off.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

BennyCake

Carlingford is becoming a pain in the ass with stags and hens. I'm sure the pubs and hotels aren't complaining, but I reckon it's doing the towns image no good whatsoever.

manfromdelmonte

Can't go wrong with Kilkenny if you ask me

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 17, 2018, 06:46:36 PM
Can't go wrong with Kilkenny if you ask me

Great spot but the bars close early enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

take_yer_points

Heading to Galway on a stag here this afternoon. What's the story with getting into the bars? There's 15 or so, better splitting up? Where's good?

BennyCake

Quote from: take_yer_points on May 31, 2019, 09:04:16 AM
Heading to Galway on a stag here this afternoon. What's the story with getting into the bars? There's 15 or so, better splitting up? Where's good?

Go in as small groups of gay couples?