Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveaharp

There has been lots of threads on Stag parties but its an ever changing beast with places falling out of fashion, exchange rates etc etc. For a group of lads from Armagh/Dungannon area heading somewhere for a weekend probably either May bank holiday or July 12th weekend, what are the best destinations. Important criteria is as follows

not to get raped on price of drink accommodation, or raped at all i suppose. Some want to go abroad some want to go south some want to go over the water.
Any suggestions or anyone booked anywhere for the year ahead?

thebandit

Abroad - Prague
South - Kilkenny/Galway
UK - Liverpool/Newcastle

Boolerhead Mel

Avoid Kilkenny-Westport is good spot-more relaxed than Kilkenny. I went to kilkenny for mine was like being in Dublin bouncers everywhere and it was frankly disappointing. My own stag do was the worst I have been on-is it like that for all stags?

corn02

Liverpoool is best. Cheap drink, cheap hotels, a match if you are fans and endless different clubs and pubs.

The Real Laoislad

Abroad - Prague,Amsterdam,Riga,Bratislava,Vilinus all top places
UK - Nottingham,Newcastle
Ireland - Kilkenny
You'll Never Walk Alone.

clarshack

Quote from: Boolerhead Mel on January 08, 2009, 01:20:49 PM
My own stag do was the worst I have been on-is it like that for all stags?

pretty much yeah.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: haveaharp on January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM
There has been lots of threads on Stag parties but its an ever changing beast with places falling out of fashion, exchange rates etc etc. For a group of lads from Armagh/Dungannon area heading somewhere for a weekend probably either May bank holiday or July 12th weekend, what are the best destinations. Important criteria is as follows

not to get raped on price of drink accommodation, or raped at all i suppose. Some want to go abroad some want to go south some want to go over the water.
Any suggestions or anyone booked anywhere for the year ahead?

Don't go south then! You'll get cleaned out with the rate the way it is at the minute.
Abroad is probably still eurozone so would get cheap flights to either Edinburgh, Newcastle or Liverpool.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: corn02 on January 08, 2009, 01:23:10 PM
Liverpoool is best. Cheap drink, cheap hotels

You forgot cheap women.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Boolerhead Mel on January 08, 2009, 01:20:49 PM
Avoid Kilkenny-Westport is good spot-more relaxed than Kilkenny. I went to kilkenny for mine was like being in Dublin bouncers everywhere and it was frankly disappointing. My own stag do was the worst I have been on-is it like that for all stags?

The thing with Kilkenny is you have to know where to go and where to avoid,Most of the non-locals who are only in the city for the weekend tend to all go to the same places,thus the bouncers are more evident.
Kilkenny city is only 12miles from my home town so I was in Kilkenny almost every weekend since I was old enough to drink,There are some great pubs and late bars in Kilkenny that aren't full of stags and hens etc..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

If you have been to Newcastle before i would give it a miss for a stag
Is a lot quieter than it used to be
Liverpool or Bristol would be the best spots across the water IMHO

ziggysego

I found Edinburgh to be fantastic. Not been to Newcastle, but I'm told it's a good stag town.
Testing Accessibility

Jimmy Joe

I've been to two Stag Do's in Newcastle and they were both brilliant.  It's my favourite spot out of about 10 stags

flog the lot

had to beat galway for a stag...
liverppol is class spot if you want to advoid the euro.

illdecide

Quote from: Jimmy Joe on January 08, 2009, 02:13:49 PM
I've been to two Stag Do's in Newcastle and they were both brilliant.  It's my favourite spot out of about 10 stags

newcastle, Liverpool or Madchester are all good spots and not to expensive...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hardy

Galway? Nobody goes to Galway. It's too crowded.

(c) Yogi Berra.

Who also said "you can't have a conversation there - everybody's talking".