The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Will Mirallas (sp?) hang around? He is having a great season. Does he start for Belgium?

johnneycool

Quote from: Orangemac on February 10, 2014, 09:01:43 PM
Apart from Lukakus first 2 or 3 mths we have been light up front all season. Another 10/15 goal striker would have saw us seriously push for 4th. Too any games we have dominated without a cutting edge.

Having said that we have still played great football this season and still in with a shout in the fa cup.

Hopefully the summer will see some real investment.

The summer will need to see some proper investment just to sustain the current team as the loanees are a big part of the improvement. Barry would need to take a pay cut, but possible, Lukaka and Delafeau aren't ever going to become permanent although there is talk of Barca loaning Delafeau out for another year.

I see the Traroe (sp) lad was a sub on Sunday, will he get a run out tomorrow night?

Fuzzman

Lads what is the (sp) comments you use mean?

Hound

johnneycool

Traroe (sp)  ;) is getting a run out tonight it seems..

Better bag a half dozen or so after all the toing a froing with him

Keyser soze

Quote from: Hound on February 11, 2014, 02:23:52 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on February 11, 2014, 02:21:49 PM
Lads what is the (sp) comments you use mean?
super player
Means the poster isn't sure they have spelt the person's name correctly.

SHEEDY

really disappointing result today. same old story, just not good enough. cant even blame bad luck or bad refereeing decisions. loads of possession but no cutting edge.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

massive result today and a brilliant performance. race for champions league is on! ;D
nil satis nisi optimum

Crete Boom

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 06, 2014, 03:58:43 PM
massive result today and a brilliant performance. race for champions league is on! ;D

Still a huge ask for us to beat Man U and Man City at home but at least it's in our hands now and the team knows win the rest for 4th place.

laoislad

Quote from: Crete Boom on April 06, 2014, 06:43:15 PM

Still a huge ask for us to beat Man U and Man City at home but at least it's in our hands now and the team knows win the rest for 4th place.
Sure wouldn't it be great if it came down to Everton beating City to claim 4th and in turn also handing Liverpool the title!
I was very impressed with Everton today and I honestly hope they quailfy for the Champions League.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on April 06, 2014, 08:16:05 PM

Sure wouldn't it be great if it came down to Everton beating City to claim 4th and in turn also handing Liverpool the title!
I was very impressed with Everton today and I honestly hope they quailfy for the Champions League.

How good would that be!!

Crete Boom

Quote from: laoislad on April 06, 2014, 08:16:05 PM

It would be some laugh and bring back the glory days of the 80's when Merseyside derby's decided where the title was going which makes a nice change from the last couple of decades when the Pool had crap defensive managers and we were just crap (crap managers/players/tactics/owners etc....)
I don't think you will need our help though Laoislad as I think you will take care of City and Chelsea at home yourselves!!

johnneycool

Arsenals run in is pretty straight forward looking, whereas Everton have some biggies albeit at home, but it'd be hard to see points not being dropped against Man City in particular.