The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Martinez doing some stuff at Everton - he's been manager of the first half of the season for sure.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 29, 2013, 06:48:41 PM
Martinez doing some stuff at Everton - he's been manager of the first half of the season for sure.
heard them saying on bbc at lunchtime that pardew was the manager of the season so far. for me Martinez, Brendan rogers and wenger would all be ahead of him with Roberto obviously at no.1.
nil satis nisi optimum

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 29, 2013, 06:48:41 PM

In fairness Everton were in fifth place and had thirty three points after nineteen games last season and that was without Barry,Lukaku,McCarthy.

SHEEDY

reports on twitter that aiden mcgeady is set to sign on free transfer and with heitinga set to sign for west ham it looks like Martinez is looking to get any business done early. hopefully we can get a couple more in and end the season strongly. if mcgeady signs that'll be 4 irish internationals in the squad and another (shane duffy) out on loan.
nil satis nisi optimum

Fuzzman

Yeah bloody Heitinga has decided not to go in the end and so is happy to sit on his arse and take the £60K wages.
Talk of Newcastle or some Italian clubs coming in for him. I really can't see him getting near the Dutch world cup squad at this stage anyway but don't know much about who they have at CB.

Funny, I used to hate watching McGeady but I actually think he could do well for us.
Was reading about him earlier and I hear he's hard to get on with.

I really hope we get a good goal scoring forward even if we have to burst the bank.

Mr. Nakata

Comfortable home win today. Hopefully Barkley won't be out for too long. We are playing with some confidence at the minute. So we've signed McGeady on a 4.5 year deal. He's clearly carrying a bit of timber and won't be fit for a few weeks. I'd say the russians got a minimal fee to cover the last few months of his contract. Was never that big a fan but Martinez rates him highly. I hope he can get the best out of him. Keane watching at Goodison today. Himself and O'Neill will be regular visitors now...

SHEEDY

never been the biggest fan of mcgeady but if Roberto reckons he can do a job for us that's good enough for me. we're suffering big time with injuries at the minute and the squad is being really stretched. it will be a nightmare if barkley is out for a long period. hopefully we can get another 1 or 2 new faces in.
nil satis nisi optimum

Fuzzman

2 great goals yesterday but back to 5th again with those reds winning again. We're away to West Brom next with Pool home to Villa. Hope we stay on their tales for the derby at the end of the month. With Jelavic all but gone now there's an urgent need for a striker. Talk of Oriol Riera from Osauna in Spain or the standard Liege lad Batshuayi. I think McGeady may be slow to get going but I think he will do well with us under a great manager who believes in him. You forget he has played CL football now for a good number of years unlike most of our team

gawa316

Any chance Lescott would head back there with the World Cup coming up? Seems surplus to requirements at citee. Would he get in the team ahead of Distin?

Fuzzman

I think Les is off to West Ham by all accounts. I think Martinez is happy having Stones & Alcaraz as backup for Jags & Distin. Can't see Lescott happy to come in as 2nd choice and he's on massive wages I'd imagine from Man Shitty

trueblue1234

Quote from: gawa316 on January 12, 2014, 08:57:47 PM
Any chance Lescott would head back there with the World Cup coming up? Seems surplus to requirements at citee. Would he get in the team ahead of Distin?

I'd have been happy to see him go to Liverpool. I rate him.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

SHEEDY

comfortable win tonight, marred by a really horrible leg break for bryan Oviedo. his season is probably over but hopefully he can recover in time for the world cup.
nil satis nisi optimum

johnneycool

And he was going well too, pity for the lad, he'd need a good recovery to make it to the world cup.

Tuesday night will be interesting, but with the injurys its unsure if the lack of Coleman, Delafeau, etc, etc that chances could be created against a very ropey Liverpool defence.

Would like to see Stones get a start against Suarez and Sturridge to see how far he's come on..

Hopefully this big lad on loan will share the scoring burden for Lukaka who's been off the boil, but allegedly has a good record against Liverpooool..

Mr. Nakata

Baines signs a new 4 year contract. Nice boost for us heading into the derby. Seriously hope that Pienaar and Coleman are fit for selection and young Barkley can play a part.

AZOffaly

I hope they are not, and the rest of them come down with the galloping trots.