The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

Moyes seems to be working his magic again, 8 points from the last 4 games isn't bad and Donovan to come back in.

If we could find a 10/15 goal striker from somewhere we could challenge the top 6 yet which would be amazing with the lack of resources Everton have.

Mr. Nakata

RIP Gary Abblett, a solid defender for the toffees playing well over 100 games and winning an FA CUP medal for us in 1995. 46 years old. Very sad.

January transfer window open again. Will Moyes get spending any of the Arteta moolah and any of the 5 or 6 million we're sure to recoup on Bilyletdinov. He bloody better. Good to see Landon Donovan back for another 2 month spell as he was superb last time. Sriker needs to be purchased and a winger. I can foresee another month of inactivity though. Getting used to it now.

Orangemac

One step forward, 2 steps back for Everton.

Great to see Howard's goal but it is worrying when your goalkeeper is your most attacking player!

Had a feeling Gary Cahill might score tonight when his move didn't happen, sort of thing that happens to Everton.

Doogie Browser

Why did Anichibe not play last night?  Is Moyes nursing him back slowly?  Had him in an anytime scorer double with Demba Ba.

ross4life

SSN, Gibson in talks with Everton! midfield is probably the strongest part of the toffees team will be interesting to see where he'll fit in? Howard, Phil Neville have both done well since leaving United.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Mr. Nakata

This season is making me ill. I've watched MOTD maybe once, I've only been to Goodison once and football in general is doing my loaf in. Darron Gibson. Holy sweet Jesus, give me strength..

Orangemac

Pretty depressing. Gibson has a good shot on him but that is only his redeeming feature. Games often pass him by completely.

I think David Moyes is like the boy with his finger in the dyke (careful now), he seems to have had enough.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on January 12, 2012, 08:13:46 PM
This season is making me ill. I've watched MOTD maybe once, I've only been to Goodison once and football in general is doing my loaf in. Darron Gibson. Holy sweet Jesus, give me strength..
glad im not the only one feeling like that. not overly thrilled about gibson but now hes one of us we'll have to get behind him. if it keeps neville out of midfield it can only be a good thing. still badly need a striker and a central defender, where from i dont know.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

2 derry lads, darron gibson and shane duffy are starting for everton today against villa. hopefully they do well, we badly need a result.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mr. Nakata

Good point for the toffees. Might just watch MOTD tonight. Blackburn at home next which we need to win but home form has been truly atrocious. Duffy is a great prospect.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on January 14, 2012, 05:50:23 PM
Good point for the toffees. Might just watch MOTD tonight. Blackburn at home next which we need to win but home form has been truly atrocious. Duffy is a great prospect.

Good news on Duffy- how did Gibson get on?

Main Street

Gibson did alright in new surroundings.  A good first game and good start for him.

Orangemac

Great pass by Donovan for the goal, hopefuly a few more like it before he goes back.

Duffy is a great prospect,only for Everton's academy with the likes of Hibbert,Osman, Anichebe, Rodwell and Barkley coming through we would be in serious trouble.

With a lot ot talk around McClean, centre back is postion where the Ireland team is weak, maybe Duffy could make a late push. for the Euros.

SHEEDY

another really poor performance at home again today. 1pt from the last 2 home games against bolton and blackburn is pretty poor. the sooner we get to 40pts and this season is over the better. tough time to be an evertonian.
nil satis nisi optimum